Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As you are a landlord the expectation was that if your tenants failed to pay then you could obtain a payment holiday from the lender to compensate.
You could say the same might be applicable to holiday let type businesses.
A friend who has just one was pestered by Gloucester Council. He told them a few times he had no need but took the £10k to shut 'em up.
He then paid 10x £1k to each charity he chose.

I hope he gets tax relief on those donations.

You could say the same might be applicable to holiday let type businesses.
A friend who has just one was pestered by Gloucester Council. He told them a few times he had no need but took the £10k to shut 'em up.
He then paid 10x £1k to each charity he chose.

I hope he gets tax relief on those donations.
No you couldn’t because holiday let are taxed differently to buy to let.

Your mate sounds a proper muppet, he feels bullied by his local authority to accept a grant? What did they do, send the boys around?

He’s in a for a shock when he has to declare the grant for his tax return if he really did give it away.

Great to see yet another BIG BREXIT BENEFIT surface on the fifth anniversary of the vote. They do keep on coming don’t they😁 This time it’s the reintroduction of roaming phone charges for visitors to Europe as the phone companies who promised not to, begin charging again👍 Add it to the list…..

Great to see yet another BIG BREXIT BENEFIT surface on the fifth anniversary of the vote. They do keep on coming don’t they😁 This time it’s the reintroduction of roaming phone charges for visitors to Europe as the phone companies who promised not to, begin charging again👍 Add it to the list…..
Vodaphone and EE are still saying that they don’t have roaming charges in the EU post Brexit. But as O2 seem to be, maybe that will change?

Vodaphone and EE are still saying that they don’t have roaming charges in the EU post Brexit. But as O2 seem to be, maybe that will change?

I have to say that so far our roaming plans (business phones) haven't changed, we're still paying the same tariff when travelling to EU member states as we did before Brexit. We're with Vodafone.

I prefer his style to yours.

Hence my comment about tax relief on the donations.

Your friend is stingy... he should have donated the tax relief as well ;)

Meanwhile back in the big boys world away from the childish hyperbole of EU relations---- " they may take our lives but they'll never take our -----------sausages!!!" etc etc
What was this all about??----handy having a few press correspondents aboard - so I assume it was to witness a ritualised encounter that happens on a regular basis?

Meanwhile back in the big boys world away from the childish hyperbole of EU relations---- " they may take our lives but they'll never take our -----------sausages!!!" etc etc
What was this all about??----handy having a few press correspondents aboard - so I assume it was to witness a ritualised encounter that happens on a regular basis?

Typical Putin, pushing things just before the brink to see what the reaction is. There’s been a few Russian “incursions” over North Sea UK air space the last few years.
Why he does it, who knows

There’s nothing new in this. Back in the 60’s and 70’s HMS Hermes was routinely followed by a Russian vessel of some kind or other. Mostly it would be a “fishing boat” always festooned with aerials but no nets and on occasion, a Kanin or Kashin class destroyer, usually belching smoke.

I don’t think we made any special efforts to lose them as they we under as much surveillance as we were…
C5113A26-8E5B-400D-AD7D-54F6E0F045C5.jpeg

There’s nothing new in this. Back in the 60’s and 70’s HMS Hermes was routinely followed by a Russian vessel of some kind or other. Mostly it would be a “fishing boat” always festooned with aerials but no nets and on occasion, a Kanin or Kashin class destroyer, usually belching smoke.

I don’t think we made any special efforts to lose them as they we under as much surveillance as we were…
View attachment 114913

This reminds me of the story of Commander Lionel Crabb... worth looking it up if you're not familiar.

Once again a remoaner twisting the facts.

They do keep on coming!

Telecoms companies said at Brexit they had "no plans"to introduce roaming charges.

This is commercial decision taken for their own business reasons (which may include greed of course) but to blame it on Brexit is farcical.

They are just taking advantage of a rule change.

The benefits of being free of the EU are tangible but there are non so blinkered as those that think a democratically decided result doesn't apply if they don't agree with it.

Telecoms companies said at Brexit they had "no plans"to introduce roaming charges.
Wasn't it the eu that mandated roaming unification within the eu?
So now the eu aren't telling them not to charge they can.

Me no Brexit basher but it seems fair to blame UK being charged for eu roaming as a cost of Brexit.

They watch us watching them watching us…

Russia claims/annexes Crimea, the world looks on and does nothing. Putin then gets bent out of shape when a British/NATO warship sails through what he considers Russian territorial water. We (correctly IMHO) recognise it as international water and carry on. Putin’s boys get to fire a few rounds and drop a few bombs in the sea trying to look hard. Several fish were seen floating on the surface near the scene. BBC correspondent creates an ‘interesting’ story to keep himself in a job (perhaps got a C from the teacher/editor) and the storm in the teacup barely nudges the needle… Meanwhile HMS Thingy with nothing to see, jogs on.

Me no Brexit basher but it seems fair to blame UK being charged for eu roaming as a cost of Brexit.
No, it isn't fair

The Telecoms companies clearly made profits with the previous deal.
It is the Telecoms companies that used the change to increase charges.

Remoaners rather pathetically grab at anything to justify their position.

Clearly democracy does not feature highly for some.

This isn't so much a 'Brexit' issue but a telecoms gouging issue. A long term issue for those of us who travel outside the EU and have seen them 'improve' and 'simpify' roaming charges over the years to our disadvantage.

If people changed network provider based on this policy it would bring them back in line if they tried to stray.

This isn't so much a 'Brexit' issue but a telecoms gouging issue. A long term issue for those of us who travel outside the EU and have seen them 'improve' and 'simpify' roaming charges over the years to our disadvantage.

If people changed network provider based on this policy it would bring them back in line if they tried to stray.
The voice of balance and reason. 👍

Or they could be one of a number of companies who are using any excuse to raise prices.
The price of timber has rocketed not because of a shortage but as an increase in demand the same with holiday rentals and many other things. Companies trying to claw back money they’ve lost over the past year or so.
Wait until we get the ok to travel abroad and see the price of flights rise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom