Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
was there actually a party in Downing St. or was it just a bunch of entitled pr!cks demonstrating how far up their own backsides they are by videoing themselves taking the p!iss out of the Covid situation?
From a variety of sources it seems that there was more than one party in Downing St. and it was a bunch of entitled pr!cks demonstrating how far up their own backsides they are by videoing themselves taking the p!iss out of the Covid situation.

With the reports of Xmas parties, the video of Stratton taking the P and also the video of Hancock being leaked it does raise the question of the morals, trustworthiness and loyalty of the highly paid public servants that occupy our Halls of Power. Quite worrying actually
I do think that there is now significant evidence that there is at least one, and probably more, in the Civil Service who are actively working to undermine an elected government.

That said, there’s no need for that elected government to keep handing them ammunition…

With the reports of Xmas parties, the video of Stratton taking the P and also the video of Hancock being leaked it does raise the question of the morals, trustworthiness and loyalty of the highly paid public servants that occupy our Halls of Power. Quite worrying actually
Indicative of the overall slide in standards, and yes worrying that these people are in charge. Even more worrying is that the people only vote for some of them. The rest are part of the civil service.

From a variety of sources it seems that there was more than one party in Downing St. and it was a bunch of entitled pr!cks demonstrating how far up their own backsides they are by videoing themselves taking the p!iss out of the Covid situation.
Well if they did hold a party when everyone else was in lockdown, that is completely unacceptable. Just the p!ss take video is deplorable.

A former police officer has indicated that with the high level of CCTV coverage in Downing St., there would be video evidence of said party. So I guess when that emerges all will be clear. I’ve only seen speculation and allegations so far.

My gut feel is that Boris is holed below the waterline on this one.
Well yes, the evidence is that he speaks from it.
Perhaps the greater question is who is operating the dummy for his lips to move.

My thoughts on the Government for a long time has been that i don't really care what they all get up to as long as they deliver what's best for the Country (and me), and don't let what they get up to get in the way of that. That applies to our local Councillors as much as the PM. Most of them seem fairly abhorrent but i try to ignore it and focus on what they are actually delivering.

Possibly related i was in Oxford a few weekends ago for a day out, and took a tour round a couple of the colleges. It was strange - part of me felt a little in awe and quite envious (I went to Portsmouth!) but part of me also thought this is an environment that could easily breed/reinforce a completely different mindset to the majority of the population - for better or worse. Clearly some great minds have come our of these institutions, but also i can easily see how they could breed a level of entitlement, superiority and distinction from the rest of the population. Given the number of politicians at Westminster who have gone through these institutions, maybe it's acted like a filter and concentrated the bad?

fairness, they rarely get asked a straight question, ever.
Simple question was asked "was there a party".
Same on Sunday morning.
I'm hoping to move to France next year sometime so i won't be bothered about the crap coming out of any politicians mouth, UK or EU, UK crap won't affect me and i can't understand any EU lingo. I will have a dish up for entertainment, from the house watching what Doris will do next in the comedy.

Simple question was asked "was there a party".
Same on Sunday morning.
I'm hoping to move to France next year sometime so i won't be bothered about the crap coming out of any politicians mouth, UK or EU, UK crap won't affect me and i can't understand any EU lingo. I will have a dish up for entertainment, from the house watching what Doris will do next in the comedy.
So has France become a politics-free zone?

No, not at all, i just can't understand what they are wittering on / lying about.

She has resigned (pretend crying without a tear in her eyes) but he is still saying no party, so why did she resign.
Assume if there was a party:banana:all the others should be resigning soon (aye right)

She has resigned (pretend crying without a tear in her eyes) but he is still saying no party, so why did she resign.
Assume if there was a party:banana:all the others should be resigning soon (aye right)
For taking the p!ss out of the Covid situation/restriction on video perhaps…

She looked seriously distressed to be and obviously feels terrible about the impact that the story has had on people who suffered during that lock down and she has paid the price with her job. She has my sympathy.

But before apportion blame lets get this in some perspective.

The video was a mock event, a training event if you like. Has no one here ever mucked about and got an attack of the giggles in a training event. The party was a fictional question as part of this training.

What ever the party was or was not she did not attend it.

Now how much of this context was clearly and prominently pointed out to the public by the main stream media ? No they would rather revel in the distress that the story produced.

Before apportioning blame based on what you are told by the media, remember that when it comes to being self serving and economical with the truth the media are at least as bad as politicians.

remember that when it comes to being self serving and economical with the truth the media are at least as bad as politicians.
Correct. And there have also been reports that there were a number of lobby journalists who attended the non-party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom