Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The scales fell from the eyes of many following the COP and G7 get-togethers.

I put up a cartoon in the Joke section with Boris saying there is not one rule for us and one for everyone else ... there are no rules for "us" ... but it was taken down, so be careful what you say on this. 🙄
You will recall a time before politics were up for discussion on this forum, you will also know that the only place that politics may be discussed is on this thread, why do you and Chippy consistently breach these forum rules?
You do know that there are political forums designed for you to spout your jibber-jabber don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will recall a time before politics were up for discussion on this forum, you will also know that the only place that politics may be discussed is on this thread, why do you and Chippy consistently breach these forum rules?
You do know that there are political forums designed for you to spout your jibber-jabber don't you?

In respect to COVID jokes, I think that the answer is that since COVID discussion is not allowed anywhere on the forum, at this point it makes no difference in which thread these 'unlawful' comments are posted... :doh:

offtopic.jpg

In respect to COVID jokes, I think that the answer is that since COVID discussion is not allowed anywhere on the forum, at this point it makes no difference in which thread these 'unlawful' comments are posted... :doh:
In this instance I was referring to Swotty's political 'joke' in the jokes thread.

Why just covid? The cartoon I posted referred to Boris not following any rules:

Giving a taxpayer-funded "grant" to someone he was "involved with";

Jetting to COP instead of using an electric car, or train; and

Just generally believing he can do what he likes and b*gger the law/rules.

Why the fixation on covid? The guy thinks he is a law unto himself.

Why just *****? The cartoon I posted referred to Boris not following any rules:

Why the fixation on *****? The guy thinks he is a law unto himself.
With friends like Dominic Grieve, who needs enemies?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The guy thinks he is a law unto himself.

I'm beginning to think that the problem is that Boris is having a hard time understanding what he has done wrong because it's something inherently bad in his character that isn't likely to change. There was a comment in the Spectator pointing out that no Prime Minister in recent history, both the good ones and the bad ones, would conceivably have allowed parties in such circumstances. That's telling and shows how far out of order he was.

What happens next is he will apologise and attempt to sacrifice someone in his stead which frankly isn't good enough. They keep saying one more gaff and he's out but the gaffs keep coming.

Leadership lacking in the Met also. Cressida **** still in post for a reason.

In this instance I was referring to Swotty's political 'joke' in the jokes thread.

Why just covid? The cartoon I posted referred to Boris not following any rules:

Why the fixation on covid? The guy thinks he is a law unto himself.

With regards political jokes - those featuring political figures, or cticising party policies, etc - as I understand it, we're not allowed to post political content in the Jokes thread, but we're alowed to post jokes in the UK Politics thread.

So why not post any political jokes in the UK Politics thread instead of in the Jokes thread? It will prevent a lot of aggravation and disagreements. And, it will be compliant with firum rules. Can we agree on this going forward?

With regards political jokes - those featuring political figures, or cticising party policies, etc - as I understand it, we're not allowed to post political content in the Jokes thread, but we're alowed to post jokes in the UK Politics thread.

So why not post any political jokes in the UK Politics thread instead of in the Jokes thread? It will prevent a lot of aggravation and disagreements. And, it will be compliant with firum rules. Can we agree on this going forward?
Fascist.

Leadership lacking in the Met also. Cressida **** still in post for a reason.
She does seem to have almost unlimited immunity from sanction over "odd" decisions and actions (or lack of actions) that suggests she has a guardian angel somewhere. The obvious questions are who? and why?

They keep saying one more gaff and he's out but the gaffs keep coming.
Gaffes are part of his character, so they won't stop. What's more interesting to me with respect to the "party-gate" matter (and this is in no way a defence of the indefensible), I have two questions:
  1. Why did the story break when it did, almost two years after the event?
  2. Why has it emerged as a series of drip-feeds, clearly designed to provoke maximum anger?
One has to conclude that it is an orchestrated effort to do damage, so that raises two further questions:
  1. Who is orchestrating it?
  2. What is their objective (bearing in mind it cannot just be the removal of Johnson)?

Gaffes are part of his character, so they won't stop. What's more interesting to me with respect to the "party-gate" matter (and this is in no way a defence of the indefensible), I have two questions:
  1. Why did the story break when it did, almost two years after the event?
  2. Why has it emerged as a series of drip-feeds, clearly designed to provoke maximum anger?
One has to conclude that it is an orchestrated effort to do damage, so that raises two further questions:
  1. Who is orchestrating it?
  2. What is their objective (bearing in mind it cannot just be the removal of Johnson)?

According to several media sources, this last drip feed about the 100 invites was Cummings. Given as you say Boris is prone to gaffs, you have to wonder what else Cummings knows and if they will keep coming. Until the media tire of him I suspect they will and the the media won't tire now they have sensed blood.

No end in sight for Dominic Cummings’ briefing war against Johnson

According to several media sources, this last drip feed about the 100 invites was Cummings.
Cummings is an obvious choice, but that doesn't mean he is behind it all.

Remember that the media so gleefully hanging on every word of Cummings' increasingly vindictive rants is the very same media that used to portray him as the bogey-man enemy of Britain.

Well Cummings said a mouthful when he said Boris married a wrongun,quiet why Boris removed Cummings a very experianced advisor,and allowed his wifes friends to take over with bery little ability is beyond me,of course Boris loves his wife,as demostarted by him going to a function with her wearing something that is beyond discription,all these get togethers in the garden show is that nobody was running the ship,nobody said no,Boris is at fault,the COP thing was never going to work we are all cowed down by the chinese,the biggest pollluters can continue for many years to come,and so quiet why we are doing anything green beats me.

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom