Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some friends of mine live in Charent - but they've said they'll return to the UK when they start getting age-related health problems.

And wait for ever for an ambulance
Just make sure “she” can drive.
Slow ambulances aren’t as new as they suggest. It’s just that they now have standards and targets. Which they miss

Elsewhere they bury their mistakes…

Around Limoges area, nice area and lots to choose from, will keep the static further north in St Jean de Monts for the summer.
Love both places. I used to have a house in Saveille near Ruffec. Miss it. Miss the food markets most of all

And wait for ever for an ambulance

The French healthcare system is vastly superior to the NHS both in terms of quality of treatment and attitude to sorting out the problem. No just me saying this but every Brit I have met out here.

You should think about a "mutuelle" - top up health insurance.

Love both places. I used to have a house in Saveille near Ruffec. Miss it. Miss the food markets most of all

Some lovely places. We looked around there and it does get VERY cold in winter. We looked at a chateau there in 2007 for £345,000. Needed another £100K spending on it and renovation costs out there have a way of running away with your money. Amazing what you can still get for your money compared with the UK.

It's good to hear of these relocation experiences.
Mebees another thread discussing the many aspects would serve good purpose.

Mebees another thread discussing the many aspects would serve good purpose.
Good idea, the politics is getting boring anyways. Same old same old.
I'm on it 😇 ( the moving abroad thread).

If anyone fancies a spot of light reading about a man and his family who bought a Chateau of their own for peanuts to renovate themselves, I can recommend this.

(My wife was the woman in the bath with the fallen beehive)

51SNfcseFqL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A Chateau of One's Own: Restoration Misadventures in France: Amazon.co.uk: Sam Juneau: 9781840246414: Books

We stayed there several times, from the very beginning until their eventual sale.

Mike, we have moved.😇 You are on the boring politics thread.
I thought it might be useful to have something to read while you wait from the privatised French Ambulance one Winter's night.

But I suppose we could go back to guessing when the EU will stop paying Russia billions for its oil and gas, if you really want to....

privatised French Ambulance
There on the ball, money to be made
EU will stop paying Russia billions for its oil and gas,
I would chat all night pal, if i had the answer to that one. It comes down to, can we afford to cut it off at the cost of making others suffer. Yes i know that Ukraine is suffering even more than us getting a chill at night but at the end of the day this is all about damage limitation and other countries don't want the damage, yes we and many others will help out but the lines will be drawn eventually, some sooner than others I'm afraid.

I noticed on the news today that Ukraine forces are to get some long range rockets ( dont know the name) 200 mile range, but not allowed to fire them into Russia, might escalate things. About time they had some back i say, or am i as mad as Putin.

I noticed on the news today that Ukraine forces are to get some long range rockets ( dont know the name) 200 mile range, but not allowed to fire them into Russia, might escalate things. About time they had some back i say, or am i as mad as Putin.
Putin isn’t mad as in mentally incompetent. He is a pathological liar, with no social conscience and a massively over-inflated ego. Before his time in power comes to an end, he is desperately trying to reverse the dissolution of the USSR to reassert Russian influence in global affairs that he believes was stolen by the West.

With Ukraine, he was either misinformed by his intelligence agencies or simply decided by himself that Ukraine would under military pressure from Russia, simply fold within a week. It’s pathetic that Russia is now ‘outraged’ that Ukraine might in some way acquire the means to defend themselves against the Russian aggression that has clearly been in evidence over the last 100-days.

As for escalation, Putin must fail in Ukraine. If he succeeds, Ukraine will become impoverished as Russia will control the Black Sea ports and therefore exports from Ukraine.

Putin isn’t mad as in mentally incompetent. He is a pathological liar, with no social conscience and a massively over-inflated ego. Before his time in power comes to an end, he is desperately trying to reverse the dissolution of the USSR to reassert Russian influence in global affairs that he believes was stolen by the West.

Exactly, Putin may not have been democratically elected, like Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton, but he's cut from the same cloth.

After so many years in power, he knows he only has a limited amount of time left to add to the Kleptocracy that is his main creation.

Facing the idiots in power in the States, EU and UK, now does seem the obvious time to call them out.

Who knows where the whole thing will go? It could go in any direction.

57241A8B-6E30-41AA-AF88-CE239551E62A.jpeg

The greased piglet has slipped through once again, but needs to make some serious changes in policy and direction (imo) if he is to survive even another year as PM.

A coherent economic policy would be a good start - which I suspect would require the replacement of Sunak - together with some significant recalibration of both Green and Energy policies. Articulating a believable vision of the future for the country, and actually delivering on steps towards achieving that vision (instead of just making policy announcements and failing to follow through) might not save his skin, but at least it would be a step in the right direction. Simply reacting to the latest focus group's opinions is not enough.

My opinion is that if the Tory party don't replace BoJo with a credible leader, and sooner rather than later, they will take a beating in 2 1/2 years.

I appreciate the many that say a few drinks aren't important in the grand scale. But many, and I believe more, are thinking corruption needs to be stamped out and the leadership (of the country by 'eck) needs to demonstrate a moral and trustworthy style to follow.

With the present Gov't set up we are shown that every man for himself (I include the wo gender also) works. Norman Stanley Fletcher recognised that being wrong is only wrong when caught, BoJo has been caught and as yet has no penalty worth a damn.

Those MP's that are in support of the PM may well find they suffer in the next election like those MP's that thwarted Brexit did.

He needs to be stamped out.
We lose massive pride as a nation while he bumbles on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom