Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why not? Trump does it.

Sooooooo

One person steals so we should all steal. One person rapes so we should all rape. One person murders so we should all murder. Nice logic, great vision.

Corbyn is quoted to have said:

"I don't see why those that had the historical misfortune to be at university during the £9,000 period should be burdened excessively compared to those that went before or those that come after. I will deal with it."

Well if Corbyn's Labour is the party of social justice for all as they would have us believe.... then they should also refund those who already paid back part or all of their loan.

AND also refund those who chose not to take-out a loan in the first place, and paid the tuition fees in full instead.

Why should they be disadvantaged compared to those who came before them and went after them, just because they happened to attend university when they did?

Fair is fair, no?

Last edited:
Corbyn is quoted to have said:

"I don't see why those that had the historical misfortune to be at university during the £9,000 period should be burdened excessively compared to those that went before or those that come after. I will deal with it."

Well if Corbyn's Labour is the party of social justice for all as they would have us believe.... then they should also refund those who already paid back part or all of their loan.

AND also refund those who chose not to take-out a loan in the first place, and paid the tuition fees in full instead.

Why should they be disadvantaged compared to those who came before them and went after them, just because they happened to attend university when they did?

Fair is fair, no?

Not really.

When the top rate of income tax was cut to 45% in 2013 did the government refund everyone who had paid tax at the 50% rate ?

There are winners and losers but these things are never adjusted retrospectively.

Not really.

When the top rate of income tax was cut to 45% in 2013 did the government refund everyone who had paid tax at the 50% rate ?

There are winners and losers but these things are never adjusted retrospectively.

OK, but surely the same logic says we shouldn't cancel existing debts?

It seems to me that Corbyn worked-out that £100bn of taxpayers' money will be sufficient for securing enough votes to get him elected, but sadly (for him) it was not enough. I wonder how much more of our money he will be willing to commit to buying more votes come next elections?

Last edited:
It seems to me that Corbyn worked-out that £100bn of taxpayers' money will be sufficient for securing enough votes to get him elected, but sadly (for him) it was not enough. I wonder how much more of our money he will be willing to commit to buying more votes come next elections?

Its no co-incidence that the Latin for 'Left' is 'Sinister'. Says it all about Corbyn and his toadies.

Its no co-incidence that the Latin for 'Left' is 'Sinister'. Says it all about Corbyn and his toadies.

And right is 'rectus'...considering I am neither left or right, I am pretty sure which one I'd rather be associated with :crazy:

And right is 'rectus'...considering I am neither left or right, I am pretty sure which one I'd rather be associated with :crazy:
Maybe bad memory, but I thought rectus in latin meant straight, or they nearly rectus but we survived :D :D

Right is dexter in Latin, hence dextrous.

Rectus is an adjective used to convey fair, impartial, correct, upright, just among many other similar.

The sort who wear £1000 trousers while telling skint nurses there's no money tree?

So you don't actually have a comeback as such? ;)

Last edited:
The sort who wear £1000 trousers while telling skint nurses there's no money tree?

They weren't her leather trousers. She was badly advised to wear them for a photoshoot. Get a grip Nick. Is that the best you can do?

How about trying to defend Corbyn and his cronies who have finally admitted that the false promise given to students to buy their vote has been dropped from their plans. It was never there to start with but the naive students fell for the bribe hook, liner and sinker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom