Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
…and later confirmed as a Covid-19 infection?
There is no clinical diagnosis for SARS-CoV-2 instead only symptoms which i had. No PCR test at that point in time and blood tests for antibodies not widely avalable, or focussed on at all throughout 2020.

What else do you suggest it was? Chinese Flu? :p

Imho the very first thing Matt Hancock should have done back in April 2020 when faced with a respiratory disease epidemic was to take off sale in the UK all tobacco and vaping products. If for no other reason than to create NHS capacity.
How would that have made the slightest difference to NHS capacity? It wouldn't have, just wouldn't.
It would have pissed off a hell of a lot of people and had the rest wondering just what was coming down the pipe in terms of other restrictions.

every one of those vaccinations you mention have (and had at the time you were vaccinated) a strong track record regarding medium- and long-term outcomes. The Covid-19 vaccines do not.
It will have its own track record in time. People will make up there own mind's as with anything else. This will be with the world for a long time and will impact everyone in many different ways, ive had both of mine and will be going on my extended holiday soon to France, and then Spain over xmas with my NHS app as proof. No jab, no hols😇

How would that have made the slightest difference to NHS capacity? It wouldn't have, just wouldn't.
It would have pissed off a hell of a lot of people and had the rest wondering just what was coming down the pipe in terms of other restrictions.
Lots of regular NHS customers are smokers unfortunately.

There is no clinical diagnosis for SARS-CoV-2 instead only symptoms which i had. No PCR test at that point in time and blood tests for antibodies not widely avalable, or focussed on at all throughout 2020.

What else do you suggest it was? Chinese Flu? :p
There are other illnesses that present with acute respiratory symptoms. I was just wondering if you’d subsequently tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies, though it seems you are instead assuming that you suffered from a Covid infection. Not saying you were not infected, but there’s a difference between assuming and being clinically confirmed.

There are other illnesses that present with acute respiratory symptoms. I was just wondering if you’d subsequently tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies, though it seems you are instead assuming that you suffered from a Covid infection. Not saying you were not infected, but there’s a difference between assuming and being clinically confirmed.
I concur. Once again however there is no clinical diagnosis for SARS-CoV-2. There is a PCR test for infection and a blood test for antibodies.

It has been known for at least 40 years that lungs have the ability to recover after stopping smoking. But it is not my intention to lecture people who smoke.
How soon after?

No January 2020 following symptoms of severe acute respiratory syndrome in December 2019.

So if I understood correctly, then you are assuming that you probably have natural immunity against SARS-COV-2, because you probably had COVID-19 eighteen months ago, but you didn't get a PCR test or confirmed diagnosis at the time, or an antibodies test since. Is this correct?

Either way, the question of whether you had indeed contracted COVID-19 at the time, and as result acquired natural immunity, if becoming academic as time goes by.

From what I read, natural immunity to Coronavirus typically lasts between 18 and 24 months.

So you will soon be facing the question of whether you go on the vaccination route, ot take your chances with a reinfection or with an infection from a different strain.

Please share with us what you have decided to do once you have reached that point.

So if I understood correctly, then you are assuming that you probably have natural immunity against SARS-COV-2, because you probably had COVID-19 eighteen months ago, but you didn't get a PCR test or confirmed diagnosis at the time, or an antibodies test since. Is this correct?

Either way, the question of whether you had indeed contracted COVID-19 at the time, and as result acquired natural immunity, if becoming academic as time goes by.

From what I read, natural immunity to Coronavirus typically lasts between 18 and 24 months.

So you will soon be facing the question of whether you go on the vaccination route, ot take your chances with a reinfection or with an infection from a different strain.

Please share with us what you have decided to do once you have reached that point.
PCR test in January 2020. Who was offering that service may i ask. The same can also be said of a blood test for antibodies. For 2020 offered only to NHS staff. Confirmed diagnosis? Do you mean a clinical diagnosis? 2 or more common symptoms constitutes a non face to face clinical diagnosis with a GP over the phone.

You keep on making a distinction between naturally induced immunity and vaccine induced immunity. You do know they both trigger the same thing and it is an individuals immune system health that determines their immune response. As the body ages the immune system weakens. The reason the at risk demographic is the elderly. The at risk within society, if they wish, are now vaccinated and i am not at risk. Hope this answers your concerns.

You keep on making a distinction between naturally induced immunity and vaccine induced immunity. You do know they both trigger the same thing and it is an individuals immune system health that determines their immune response. As the body ages the immune system weakens. The reason the at risk demographic is the elderly. The at risk within society, if they wish, are now vaccinated and i am not at risk. Hope this answers your concerns.
PCR test in January 2020. Who was offering that service may i ask. The same can also be said of a blood test for antibodies. For 2020 offered only to NHS staff. Confirmed diagnosis? Do you mean a clinical diagnosis? 2 or more common symptoms constitutes a non face to face clinical diagnosis with a GP over the phone.

It does answer my concerns, thank you.

I still don't know, however, if you'll choose the vaccination route once the natural immunity that you (may) have acquired lapses, but of course you are not obliged to share this with us.

if they wish, are now vaccinated and i am not at risk.
Thats a bit selfish, let everybody take the risk of a vaccine so you will be ok in the future. Don't go to a third world country for a holiday JACK, i think you might catch something. ☠

It does answer my concerns, thank you.

I still don't know, however, if you'll choose the vaccination route once the natural immunity that you (may) have acquired lapses, but of course you are not obliged to share this with us.
Infection or vaccination as the immune response trigger it makes no difference.

A healthy individuals immune system response would not lapse that rapidly absent the emergence of a virus significantly different to SARS Cov-2. So different in fact it is not the same virus at all. The immune system would then have to learn to recognise this new virus as an invader. And so the process goes on.

No January 2020 following symptoms of severe acute respiratory syndrome in December 2019.
Why , after all your posts in the "Covid 19" thread you never mentioned the fact that you "presumed" you'd had a bad dose of flue in early 2020 ?

This week the House of Commons Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee has published its report on Covid-status certification.

The report is damning and calls for domestic Covid-status certificates to be abandoned due to concerns around the lack of any scientific basis, the discriminatory nature of the concept, the lack of any cost-benefit analysis, the lack of any full financial costings, the impact the scheme would have on businesses (hospitality, arts and sports industries) and concerns over data protection.

The Committee has further found that, by implementing Covid passports for international travel without notifying and consulting Parliament, the UK Government has acted in contempt of Parliament and the Committee.

Should getting vaccinated (apart for those who can not do so for medical reasons), be considered one's duty?

See also:

Absolutely.
Lives have been lost, families devastated , businesses destroyed , the NHS knocked back years , the Country’s economy on its knees at one point and a debt accrued that’ll take years to pay back.
If it isn’t one’s duty to help prevent this again I don’t know what is !

Absolutely.
Lives have been lost, families devastated , businesses destroyed , the NHS knocked back years , the Country’s economy on its knees at one point and a debt accrued that’ll take years to pay back.
If it isn’t one’s duty to help prevent this again I don’t know what is !
Duty or something that should be thought of as natural as breathing, eating and drinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom