Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So what if he did? Let him who is without sin …
The question of his philandering isn’t the major issue (except to their respective spouses and children).

The real issue is the hypocrisy of the person responsible for making it illegal to meet indoors with other than your own household doing exactly that. Apologising for “breaking the guidelines” completely misses the point.

Was not "buried" at all (took me all of one click from the main page) It is also being discussed/today on TV and radio.
The article you quote does NOT say ".....A&E's are "overwhelmed" by immunosuppressed children with winter ailments in June" Unless they have edited to remove it

With respect, that gun of yours sure has a hair trigger. Maybe post some positive news occasionally
The article makes light of A&E's being overwhelmed with record numbers of young children because they do not have the infection we are not allowed to mention. However historically children die from flu, year in year out.

"After disappearing last winter during l***down when no-one was mixing in large numbers, these viruses have reappeared in the summer - but at winter levels, putting huge pressure on emergency departments in hospitals." That is due to an individuals immune system not working as well as it should or immunosuppression.

Do the mainstream media post positive news stories?

Last edited:
The question of his philandering isn’t the major issue (except to their respective spouses and children).

The real issue is the hypocrisy of the person responsible for making it illegal to meet indoors with other than your own household doing exactly that. Apologising for “breaking the guidelines” completely misses the point.

It was presumably in a workplace.

So one might assume that both parties should be subject to disciplinary measures on the assumption that they broke the guidelines of that workplace. There are presumably sanctions defined ?

There's a bigger hill for Hancock to die on than two pink nosed puppies proximity .

The article makes light of A&E's being overwhelmed with record numbers of young children because they do not have the infection we are not allowed to mention. However historically children die from flu, year in year out.

"After disappearing last winter during l***down when no-one was mixing in large numbers, these viruses have reappeared in the summer - but at winter levels, putting huge pressure on emergency departments in hospitals." That is due to an individuals immune system not working as well as it should or immunosuppression.

Every single day.

But endorse monarchy. I say endorse, but of course, they've never been asked.....
An idiotic comparison because as you well know the Queen has absolutely no political powers..

But as usual let us not obscure things with fact.

It was presumably in a workplace.

So one might assume that both parties should be subject to disciplinary measures on the assumption that they broke the guidelines of that workplace. There are presumably sanctions defined ?
I’m more concerned how a photo from, I assume, a security camera in a ministerial office is now in the public domain.

Of course he could always resign for his misdemeanours and go on to become a darling of BBC News like Cummings and Prof Ferguson

No big deal. Over anxious mothers have been using up doctors time for ever. The only reason they are going to A&E now is because the GP won't see them. At some point the NHS will have to abandon diagnosis via Zoom and resume normal service.

Where and what are our GPs doing?

They are the reason people are turning up at A&E because it seems impossible to obtain a GPs appointment. (I talk from personal experience)

The pandemic excuse is wearing thin. They need to come out of hiding and do the job for which they are well paid.

They are the reason people are turning up at A&E because it seems impossible to obtain a GPs appointment. (I talk from personal experience)

The pandemic excuse is wearing thin. They need to come out of hiding and do the job for which they are well paid.

I could only give you 1 "like" ... but please accept several more!

I could only give you 1 "like" ... but please accept several more!

I’m frankly amazed that there hasn’t been a huge public outcry about their absence.

Dentists seem to have disappeared down the same rabbit hole.

I’m frankly amazed that there hasn’t been a huge public outcry about their absence.

Dentists seem to have disappeared down the same rabbit hole.
Weirdly, I have seen my doctor and dentist a few times since last Summer and I’m not seriously ill.

But it didn't say "A&E's are "overwhelmed" by immunosuppressed children with winter ailments in June" did it? That was your interpretation which of course you are entitled to, but at least state it.

And yes, loads of positive stories. Maybe you missed them all!

But it didn't say "A&E's are "overwhelmed" by immunosuppressed children with winter ailments in June" did it? That was your interpretation which of course you are entitled to, but at least state it.

This will not happen from this poster.

So you take exception to my use of the word immunosuppressed when describing children who are experiencing symptoms of seasonal pathogens out of season after a prolonged period when society was not engaging in social interaction. A decline in the health of the UK population is a predictable consequence of this lack of human interaction.

Ill second that! gets my vote too

I can’t answer for your GP, but mine has helped me more since the start of the pandemic than any have for the preceding 40 years or so. I’ve had the misfortune to have been stricken with three totally unrelated issues in the last 12 months that have led to numerous scans of various types and surgical procedures on my head, all with positive results. Yes, it’s been the amazing staff at three different hospitals who have done the hard yards, but it was as a result of emails (including images) and telephone conversations with my GP that these steps were put in place. My GP has also prescribed medication that has proved to be successful with another condition. My GP’s been busy. They may not be attending to children with a few sniffles (who seem to have been turning up in A&E) but they haven't been sitting around doing nothing.

I can’t answer for your GP, but mine has helped me more since the start of the pandemic than any have for the preceding 40 years or so.

My GP has been difficult to access. Reluctant to deal direct even on phone. Everything relayed via receptionist. I'm hacked off. On two occasions last year I did get reasonable service - both times it was a locum. I ended up visting another large local practice for a blood test and it was like a ghost town. Only reception, nurse, and phlebotomist present in the whole place as far as I could tell.

Speaking to friends at other practices - service has been mixed. But I've noted that in a multi-GP practice a friend stil ended up seeing a locum when it was face-to-face on a serious long term issue. A couple of family members in one very remote area have had 'normal' service. A couple in a less remote rural area have found it very difficult to get service - mirroring my experience.

Neighbours and friends increasingly think that using out of hours GP service at the local hospital or A&E is a more effective route to treatment.

I'm increasingly of the view that NHS GP services have mutated to the point where the traditional practice has largely lost its purpose and that centralised 24 hour services with combined with minor injuries and services such as physiotherapy would be a better approach for many of us.

Where to begin……‘“There were no Government promises of no roaming charges. It is the Telecoms companies making this? policy . Can you not understand a basic concept?”

Sure I can. The Government deal signed with the EU included a clause on agreeing to work together to keep low mobile charges across the UK/EU, in recognition of the risk of TELCOs using their monopoly position to squeeze UK consumers for profit when there were no increased costs to the TELCOS. This was forced in by many Government MPs who had promised constituents that roaming charges would not be reintroduced.

You didn’t know?

A basic concept is to always read up on a subject before making untrue claims about what it does and doesn’t contain…….

Others, National Debt is now circa 100.8% of UK GDP. In straightforward terms that means Govt is now borrowing more than we as a nation ever produce. Margaret Thatcher knew that was dumb, and offered no future, are we now saying it is ok? Cos if yes than I have some snake oil you might be interested in. And please less of the untrue ‘it’s all due to Covid, because it isn’t, it’s due to the fact we have closed down our biggest and closest trade markets.

Immigration; can anyone tell me why UK Govt did a deal with India in February 2021(after Brexit) to allow increased immigration numbers and easier visa applications from the Indian sub-continent? Or why UK Govt has put in place a deal which gives UK Immigration rights to 3 million from HK? From where I stand any claim to reducing/managing immigration numbers sounds complete cobblers. All these are going to need housing and schooling and health care, so what is being controlled, certainly not immigration.

🙃
So you are stating that the the UK and EU had an agreement to keep charges low for mobile telephone use?

This is not in doubt.

When we left the EU the Telecoms companies chose to no longer follow this. Read it slowly or get someone to read it for you.

The UK government didn't legislate to allow them it was, as stated, a commercial choice.

I see you choose to completely ignore the fantastic UK success in developing and implementing the vaccine programme and also chose to ignore the farcical and incompetent EU efforts.

National debt is high, no one is saying otherwise

Look at the borrowing of nations world wide due to the effects of Covid. The EU is trying to raise over €750 billion. That is additional to individual member states borrowing.

If you can prove that UK borrowing is not predominantly due to Covid then do so.
All you do is make unsubstantiated comments without recourse to fact.

Why did we make deals with India?

Simple. Because being unshackled from the EU means we can and immigration, properly controlled and being able to chose the right people with the skills we need is an obvious benefit to the country.

What was a drain was allowing millions of low skilled workers from the EU the freedom to come to the UK and add little to the economy or our society. They also needed housing, schools, health care but again you seem to ignore inconvenient truths.

In terms of HK.

Read up on your history.

Offering people who had been under British rule a compassionate and safe route to remove themselves from oppression is a noble and humane act.

You consistently fail to provide any facts to back up your "arguments"

Get it in to your head.

Remain lost and like it or not we are now on a new journey.

If you cannot deal with this then I suggest that you apply for citizenship of one of the remaining EU bloc and move whilst the EU is still in existence

I doubt any of this will sink in because so far you have consistently failed to take on board simple concepts despite many here agreeing with me so I will put you on the blocked list to prevent the need for me to see any more of your remoaner whinging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom