Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
while failing to mention that the German Constitutional Court had made an equivalent ruling last year, albeit on a different topic (that where the ECB acts on issues of economic policy, German law trumps EU law). Very strange... :rolleyes:

Well all EU members are equal but some members are more equal than others. As they get a net benefit, I doubt they would leave the EU but it's good to see Poland sticking up for themselves against the EU commission.

Amusing to see that, assuming the "Traffic Light Coalition" goes ahead in Germany, Christian Lindner, the proposed Finance Minister, has a long track record of saying that Greece should be forced to leave the Eurozone so that it can "sort itself out" financially and be given a debt "haircut.' (Within the EU tent, but outside the Eurozone). The proposal being to "forgive" some debt, which can never really be serviced, by a bit of currency horse trading.

Again, all members of the 27 are equal, but some are more equal than others.

German FDP party leader: Greece should quit the euro zone

Potential Merkel Gov't Ally Proposes Greek Debt Relief in Exchange for Grexit

The proposal being to "forgive" some debt, which can never really be serviced, by a bit of currency horse trading.
So the debt that Germany & France loaded onto Greece (with the connivance of the IMF and European Central Bank) so as to safeguard their own banks, that everyone knew could never be serviced, would be partially “forgiven” through letting Greece's currency float. Nice 🙄

Isn't this (finally) a concession to the Greek? They were always complaining that the financial crisis is the result of their central bank's inability to control the currency after joining the Euro.

I was told that when Goldman Sachs structured the Greek application to join the EU it was proposed it was important to have Greece "inside the tent, pointing out" rather than "outside the tent, pointing in."

I think that was the words that they used, but I may have misheard some detail.

I missed this story from almost a fortnight ago, but it's definitely worth sharing for the sheer amusement value:

Excellent chuckle.

I did do a double take at BMW PGA at Wentworth this year. They had hybrid electric BMW X5's to ferry people from the car parks into the main grounds. (Tubby middle aged golfers and their wives: often struggle to walk about a bit)

Discreetly tucked away in the corner of the grounds, behind bushes, appeared to be diesel powered generators running cables to the prominent charging points in the car park.

(Well, how else were they going to get electricity to the middle of a golf course?)

So, the "hydrogenated vegetable oil - recycled cooking oil - derived from waste products" will be collected in a lorry from various points unknown, then processed in some device to make it suitable for the generators, then transported in a lorry to Gleneagles and any other points unknown and pumped into some storage facility (tank or tanks?) transported on another lorry from somewhere unknown, so that a £64k car can transport functionaries, two at a time, some 50 miles...

Sounds like a plan...

I missed this story from almost a fortnight ago, but it's definitely worth sharing for the sheer amusement value:
They do have a history with EV’s !

and

They do have a history with EV’s !

and

Not surprised, public sector and wasteful use of taxpayers money. And yet, the Bennites and Corbynites wanted more of that.... go figure.

So, Russian leadership is at war with us (according to former MI6 officer Christopher Steele) . Don't Panic, Don't Panic.

This is odd.... when it comes to both heating and cooling, it is actually quite easy to calculate the required capacity for a given space and ensure that the correct system is implemented, so I don't quite understand what went wrong there. If the space could not have been efficiency heated during winter using the system implemented, he should have been advised about it in advance - anyone manufacturing or installating these system would know how to calculate this.

That aside, he does have a point regarding the initial cost of installation, and the running costs in terms of electricity, compared to the cost of a new boiler and gas consumption. I guess that heat pumps will only really catch on if gas prices spiral out of control. Putin holds the key......

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.Bertrand Russell

I feel that Russel‘s insight as a philosopher provides food for thought as we stand poised to bankrupt ourselves chasing the climate rainbow.

To be clear l believe that the certainty of the climate lobby is driving the gullible to take unnecessary action at great cost.

There is still much doubt and uncertainty regarding the claims and predictions of the climate lobby.

So Boris tells the world leaders to eliminate petrol vehicles.
Aside from confirming what we have coming (well going bye bye actually), the lack of comment on diesels might be seen as suggesting that he feels that job's already in the bag.

He then jumps in a jet to get back to London because with his commitments he doesn't have time to use other transport. Not a good example to demonstrate his sincerity of believing what he has just spoken of.
Had he said that security was the concern I would have had more respect.

I wonder what the other Hot Air group sounded like.

Last edited:

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.Bertrand Russell

I feel that Russel‘s insight as a philosopher provides food for thought as we stand poised to bankrupt ourselves chasing the climate rainbow.

To be clear l believe that the certainty of the climate lobby is driving the gullible to take unnecessary action at great cost.

There is still much doubt and uncertainty regarding the claims and predictions of the climate lobby.

I don't know about climate change, but when it comes to believing in crap, my observation is that in general conspiracy theorists are always sure they already know the truth, while scientists use doubt as a tool to enhance knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom