Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It would be interesting to know if any politicians attended the 'fictional' Christmas party.
Indicative of the overall slide in standards, and yes worrying that these people are in charge. Even more worrying is that the people only vote for some of them. The rest are part of the civil service.
It would indeed be interesting to know there were any politicians among those who attended the 'fictional' Christmas party.

It would be interesting to know if any politicians attended the 'fictional' Christmas party.

It would indeed be interesting to know there were any politicians among those who attended the 'fictional' Christmas party.
Well I guess anybody could have attended a fictional party.

Remember the Andrew Mitchell "plebgate" saga?

Bobbies (remember those?) note movements to and from Downing Street (and probably others).

Pocket book entries were quickly produced in the Mitchell case ... may make interesting reading, if still kept a year later.

Doris must be dreading going to bed, who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Can't wait for the early news in the morning

"Partygate" groan.
Tbh I'm fatigued with the continual bitchy cr*p coming out of Westminster, so i hadn't really been giving a toss about the No10 'gatherings'.

I'm not so sure it's going to be relevant what another investigation by another elitist decides did or didn't go down. The majority aren't going to have confidence in another pointless report that some one else gets paid well, with our dosh, to produce.

The timing of all this is perhaps a bit suspicious, showing how those that create our policies (are said to) have acted with total disregard to what they tell us we have to do. Respect for the upcoming covid measures are going to be far less now, as if covid fatigue isn't getting to most anyway.

On Peston tonight it felt like Davies was gearing up discreetly for a leadership challenge. It's about time the bumbling finished, imo public confidence in him has been shot for a long time.
I still don't see a realistic opposition challenge anytime soon though, but after the near open Tory corruption of the last 2 years it might be time??

"Partygate" groan.
Tbh I'm fatigued with the continual bitchy cr*p coming out of Westminster, so i hadn't really been giving a toss about the No10 'gatherings'.

I'm not so sure it's going to be relevant what another investigation by another elitist decides did or didn't go down. The majority aren't going to have confidence in another pointless report that some one else gets paid well, with our dosh, to produce.

The timing of all this is perhaps a bit suspicious, showing how those that create our policies (are said to) have acted with total disregard to what they tell us we have to do. Respect for the upcoming covid measures are going to be far less now, as if covid fatigue isn't getting to most anyway.

On Peston tonight it felt like Davies was gearing up discreetly for a leadership challenge. It's about time the bumbling finished, imo public confidence in him has been shot for a long time.
I still don't see a realistic opposition challenge anytime soon though, but after the near open Tory corruption of the last 2 years it might be time??
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if for a change we could actually vote a government in based on their policies, competence and integrity rather than because they are the least worst option?

If they caught Matt Hancock snogging his bit of stuff, I am sure there is a video of the alleged party somewhere :D and he says no party :wallbash: Matt Hancock refuses to say leaked video confirms a Christmas party happened | ITV News

Well that's in part the fault of the journalist..... Matt Hancock said he didn't know, what point is there to keep asking him about something he said he had no knowledge of, other than to be able to (just) come-up with this 'damning' headline.

Personally, I agree it does seem unlikely that 'nothing happened', but at the same time to suggest that everyone knew about it and therefore anyone saying he didn't know, must be lying, is just tabloid journalism.

Have we forgotten about the recent COP26 event in Glasgow where thousands of delegates and tens of thousands of protesters gathered, parties and mingled and not one word of COVID fear was uttered ?

The FM of Scotland even managed to create a photo album of 84 selfies (most indoors without a mask)

Funny how grievance is created when it suits an agenda …..

Have we forgotten about the recent COP26 event in Glasgow where thousands of delegates and tens of thousands of protesters gathered, parties and mingled and not one word of COVID fear was uttered ?
Post vaccines and without the restrictions in place in December 2020 so entirely different.
The FM of Scotland even managed to create a photo album of 84 selfies (most indoors without a mask)

Demonstrably so.

Just a thought, and thinking about the recent Metropolitan Police **** ups, but it really comes to something when one can say one believes Boris Johnston more than the Met!! Or, should that be the other way round?

All these revelations , eagerly seized upon by media and the political opposition , about Downing Street shenanigans must have been leaked internally originally, which is an indicator of the toxic/knife in the back atmosphere prevalent in the present government corridors of power presided over today's No 10 "Clown in Residence" who ultimately "sets the tone" -- if he doesn't give a **** why should any of the rest of them. To paraphrase his biographer Andrew Gimson who interviewed several of his past academic tutors--- "an entertainingly clever man who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery"

I will try to put this more charitably-- BJ is a clever man--- but his out of his depth as PM

Last edited:
Has the UK population become so apathetic that this can be pushed under the carpet and forgotten, like so many corrupt activities of those that lead us has happened before.

'He' has to go.
He has demonstrated that he is corrupt, that is a terrible example to set his team and the country.
We see that he leads by an example that is freely followed by any in his vicinity.
If he is leadership we are truly f'ck'd.

He has pushed us through Brexit, while not yet over he has pushed the Parliament collapsing within itself into history, for a while at least. It is time he retired to comparative obscurity like Farage. He has no more positive purpose for the country, he is inert.

The Tories must see that if he remains they will lose votes to the opposition, even as much as they are lacking in that position.
If the opposition could create a better standing he wouldn't last another month.

If the opposition could create a better standing he wouldn't last another month.
With 60+ Tory MP's publicly stating that they will vote against the government next week the opposition have a real opportunity to inflict defeat upon it, but they won't because they are spineless and incompetent.

Reactions: m80
Johnson in No10 is a direct consequence of the country's desire to 'get Brexit done'. A little late for buyer's remorse. Nothing you can do about it now - for a while at least.
Elsewhere though the High Priest of the back benches John Redwood briefly surfaced from his lair to criticise Johnson's Plan B - music to the ears of Johnson's increasing number of back bench critics. Johnson only installed in No10 off the back of Redwood's pet project might start to worry now. Johnson's demise will be an 'inside job'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom