Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A (Scottish) friend of mine that lives in England, recently joined a golf club in Wales and within the first few days of joining was assured (by some of the Welsh members) that his holiday home in Wales was at risk of being set on fire (he doesn’t have one in case you were wondering). So whether or not it fits in with the current social agenda and whether one is prepared to recognised it or not, there is some anti-English sentiment in Wales.

Similarly, though in my own experience very rare, there is some anti-English sentiment in Scotland.

A (Scottish) friend of mine that lives in England, recently joined a golf club in Wales and within the first few days of joining was assured (by some of the Welsh members) that his holiday home in Wales was at risk of being set on fire (he doesn’t have one in case you were wondering). So whether or not it fits in with the current social agenda and whether one is prepared to recognised it or not, there is some anti-English sentiment in Wales.

Similarly, though in my own experience very rare, there is some anti-English sentiment in Scotland.
What happened next?

He walked into a pub in Wales and that all started speaking Welsh?

Neither situation actually happened.

It’s an urban myth
No it isn’t. I’ve walked into several pubs in north wales where the locals were speaking English until I’ve ordered a drink in English, whereupon they’ve started talking Welsh. Now call me a liar.

No it isn’t. I’ve walked into several pubs in north wales where the locals were speaking English until I’ve ordered a drink in English, whereupon they’ve started talking Welsh. Now call me a liar.
I think you’re lying.

The actual rules:

• A general requirement of 2m social distancing in all premises open to the public and workplaces, where reasonable.
  • The rule of six will apply to gatherings in regulated premises, such as hospitality, cinemas and theatres.

Yeah ..... lots of groups of six.

Just as well regulated as keeping track of punters in restaurants and other locations.

This is why I'm questioning 'real world' experiences of the people making these rules.

If the stadia are a problem then logically the pubs should also be closed.

So what's happening is that 'Big Government' or in this case 'Big Devolved Government' can come down hard on big events because they can enforce on the organisers but in practical terms they're rather more scared of messing with the mass of smaller business owners and their clients.

Meanwhile the public - just as in the runup to the first lockdown - are maybe just getting on with it and doing fine.

I suspect that the best Covid rule would be one to be applied to First Ministers in Scotland and Wales (maybe NI if needed too) - to neither be seen or heard.

Put me on your ignore list then.

You won’t change what I think either way.
I don’t need your affirmation of things and events I’ve actually experienced or witnessed. If you choose to consider that I’m a liar, even though that is insulting I can’t really do anything about that, it’s your choice. Doesn’t make you right.

I don’t need your affirmation of things and events I’ve actually experienced or witnessed. If you choose to consider that I’m a liar, even though that is insulting I can’t really do anything about that, it’s your choice. Doesn’t make you right.
Grow up pal, I don’t believe your version of events so you get all defensive and start bandying about phrases like ‘you calling me a liar’?

It’s juvenile.

Grow up pal, I don’t believe your version of events so you get all defensive and start bandying about phrases like ‘you calling me a liar’?

It’s juvenile.
Ok, so what is your basis for not believing my version of events?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom