Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Boris will do well to survive, as the remainers are frothing to get him out. Sadly, he just seems to give them chance after chance and he himself will be the architect of his own downfall, it seems.

The press have it that Cummings is behind all of this. If true, then perhaps it's just petty revenge for being ousted by Princess Nut-Nut. However, you just get the feeling that he is looking for a way back into government and we mustn't forget that he and Gove go way back to the early days of Gove in Education ... much further back than with Boris.

Gove for P.M?

O.K. he's unelectable. but may make a good running mate.

Reactions: 190
Boris will do well to survive, as the remainers are frothing to get him out. Sadly, he just seems to give them chance after chance and he himself will be the architect of his own downfall, it seems.
John Redwood, Andrew Bridgen, Steve Baker - all well known as remainers.

She does seem to have almost unlimited immunity from sanction over "odd" decisions and actions (or lack of actions) that suggests she has a guardian angel somewhere. The obvious questions are who? and why?
Well, in today's PC and woke culture, you could possibly cite accusations of homophobia and misogyny being flung around.

The press have it that Cummings is behind all of this. If true, then perhaps it's just petty revenge for being ousted by Princess Nut-Nut. However, you just get the feeling that he is looking for a way back into government and we mustn't forget that he and Gove go way back to the early days of Gove in Education ... much further back than with Boris.

Gove for P.M?

O.K. he's unelectable. but may make a good running mate.

I think that while others (Gove etc) might find Cummings useful for their purposes, he is also toxic waste for them, and they wouldn't want to have him anywhere near them after BJ is gone, given Cummings' track record as a disgruntled whistle-blower. That said, I don't think Cummings has any high hopes in this regard anyway, he would have to be very thick not to notice that loyalty means nothing when it comes to politics, and it goes both ways.

Well, in today's PC and woke culture, you could possibly cite accusations of homophobia and misogyny being flung around.

What I never did understand, is how she managed to survive the Jean Charles de Menezes IPCC inquiry.

Boris will do well to survive
My guess is that he will be kept in post until the coming debacle of the May local elections and then be out.

Why wait until then? Because many of the underlying issues that will lead to the Conservatives being routed (including the NI hike and escalating energy bills) are already baked in and no one with a brain will want to take over as leader and then be saddled with that. Much better to take over afterwards and blame it all on their predecessor.

What I never did understand, is how she managed to survive the Jean Charles de Menezes IPCC inquiry.
Like I said, she has a guardian angel somewhere, and bearing in mind that event long pre-dates the current administration it's hard to believe that its an elected politician.

I think that while others (Gove etc) might find Cummings useful for their purposes, he is also toxic waste for them, and they wouldn't want to have him anywhere near them after BJ is gone, given Cummings' track record as a disgruntled whistle-blower. That said, I don't think Cummings has any high hopes in this regard anyway, he would have to be very thick not to notice that loyalty means nothing when it comes to politics, and it goes both ways.

You may well be right, MJ. Cummings is probably viewed by many as toxic/damaged goods, but those seeing him in action will know how effective he can be.

Who to replace Boris? They've all been on manoeuvres for a couple of weeks now.

That said, I don't think Cummings has any high hopes in this regard anyway, he would have to be very thick not to notice that loyalty means nothing when it comes to politics, and it goes both ways.
Those two statements are not mutually exclusive - especially for someone like Cummings who is well aware that loyalty counts for very little in today's politics.

Those two statements are not mutually exclusive - especially for someone like Cummings who is well aware that loyalty counts for very little in today's politics.

Agreed, what I meant to say was that he will be daft if he thinks he'll get any gratitude from Gove for putting him in the driver seat... politics is a thankless world. It would seem that Cummings is well-aware of this though, and he's shooting his poisoned arrows in the general direction where Gove and the media can find them, just for the sake of revenge.

You may well be right, MJ. Cummings is probably viewed by many as toxic/damaged goods, but those seeing him in action will know how effective he can be.

Also Nitroglycerine is highly effective... and highly volatile. It's one thing to see someone else playing with it and have it explode in their face, but it's still not something you'd want to have anywhere in your vicinity.

Boris fiddling while Westminster burns or convenient distraction?
The timing of the notice will undoubtedly raise suspicions amongst those predisposed to opposing Johnson - and perhaps many others, too.

Of interest is the apparent targeting of Labour MP Barry Gardiner by Lee, whose son Daniel Wilkes worked for Gardiner as his diary manager - until this morning, that is.

In fairness, Gardiner has issued a statement claiming he has been, “liaising with our Security Services for a number of years” regarding both Lee and Daniel Wilkes, and that the security services have “no intelligence that shows he was aware of, or complicit in, his mother’s illegal activity”.

Gardiner has also said that he, "...will continue to work closely with our security services in this and all other matters that relate to the security of our country", which lead to some wag commenting that they could "...see why Gardiner would be keen to continue working closely 'with our security services', since it's the closest brush he'll ever have with intelligence". 😂

Another coincidence today was the need for Boris to isolate because of a family member testing positive. What a shame, I'm sure Boris was looking forward to appearing in public in Lancashire tomorrow.

Gaffes are part of his character, so they won't stop. What's more interesting to me with respect to the "party-gate" matter (and this is in no way a defence of the indefensible), I have two questions:
  1. Why did the story break when it did, almost two years after the event?
  2. Why has it emerged as a series of drip-feeds, clearly designed to provoke maximum anger?
One has to conclude that it is an orchestrated effort to do damage, so that raises two further questions:
  1. Who is orchestrating it?
  2. What is their objective (bearing in mind it cannot just be the removal of Johnson)?
And further to that, should we be concerned that the seat of government - where I assume very confidential matters are discussed - is so leaky!

Boris fiddling while Westminster burns or convenient distraction?
As John le Carre might have said-" its not the spies you know about that's the worry- it's the ones you don't" The mistake today would be to characterise present-day espionage tactics in those 20th century terms. It's now an entirely new game illustrated by the fact that two leading Western democracies have been persuaded to elect 2 of the most divisive inept and self-serving heads of government that we have seen in a long time, possibly aided in no small way by the covert internet influence of foreign powers.

Careful that's the MI6 code name for the latest Chinese hypersonic missile system ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom