Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Boris' fate probably depends on whether the hidden powerbrokers of the Conservative party--- the legendary men in grey suits -- continue to regard him as a continuing electoral asset or impediment. He was regarded as the former before the last general election and the result proved to be the case despite his obvious character flaws. That was okay- he was a winner- they could be overlooked. Recently however he has increasingly gone "off script "-- the increase in national insurance being one example---a big taxation increase!!!!! being an anathema to the men in grey suits.
Teflon coated and presently lying low , he may survive like Donald Trump, who despite an attempt at insurrection of the US government , is now being welcomed back into the fold of the GOP --a party prepared to be led by a sociopath as long as he is a winning sociopath. So don't write Boris off yet.

p.s. And if his "speech of contrition" at the dispatch box at PMQs doesn't win a BAFTA theres no justice in PEPA PIG LAND ;)

In traditional political theory he is safe until the May Council elections. If the Tories get spanked big time, then he will be jettisoned.

He now has around 4 months to persuade not only his MPs but, more importantly, the rank and file shire support that he has returned to traditional Conservative values.

Sooo ... Princess Nut-Nut or the job of PM? The Boris of old will take the job. Trouble is, he can't afford another divorce and kiss and tell until he gets on the speaker circuit.

My guess ... he'll try and fudge it as he always does, and be booted out just before this year's Conference season. However, the mistress that is politics is very fickle.

This is the image that galvanises the public's own suffering during lockdown while Downing Street partied. Surviving until May is an aspiration only. He has to survive the Met before that and if they don't move on him public anger will only intensify.

1642332234711.png

There seems to be a lot of stuff on this thread about who did what and when
Boris . . . . Party . . . . . Lockdown
Kier . . . . Drinks (party?) . . . . . Lockdown
Also, a lot of who said what and when

They are politicians, if their lips are moving they're telling lies . . . .it's that simple

As for the journalists who are keeping the whole thing going, thay all have their own agendas, almost always geared towards self aggrandisement.

If a journalist is speaking, you can be damned sure that any truth there may be, is being distorted to meet the needs of the reporter with no thought for disseminating the truth
Either that, or they're lying

What a sad state we have got ourselves into when one of the more effective politicians we've seen in the last couple of decades was reluctant to seek high office due to a combination of stigmatism and the desire of our media to to damage.

And on the subject of our media, the Banks libel case against Cadwalladr is a doozy:

Oddly, she is now contending that making unsubstantiated allegations about someone that she accepts were false, and then repeating them, is "in the public interest".

That said, in some respects this is one of those cases where you wish both sides could lose.

A rather more light-hearted look at "partygate":

Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner must be looking in astonishment at how the Tory government is collapsing right in front of their very eyes, and they haven't even done anything! Must be manna from heaven for them.

PM questions should be interesting.

A red wall Tory MP has defected to Labour this morning citing amongst other things the disgraceful way the PM has conducted himself. A few more of them and we won't have to wait much longer for a vote of no confidence.

It was obvious all along that Boris was a bit of a maverick but I forgave him that for delivering Brexit and I'm sure many leave voters thought the same. After pleading innocence and planning to sack the "guilty" I suspect the majority of the public now think he is a lying toad without an ounce of honour. The latest astonishing own goal is responding to the Grey inquiry by saying "no one told me the party was illegal" And that in spite of the fact that there are e-mails and witnesses to suggest he was told. Boris is behaving like a drowning man and like a drowning man he will be unpredictable and dangerous to approach.

"no one told me the party was illegal"
Can't think for himself then.
Delegation is an art but with that statement he has demonstrated his lack of ability to be in charge of anything.

A red wall Tory MP has defected to Labour this morning
The MP concerned, Christian Wakeford, in 2020 co-sponsored and voted in favour of a private members bill that would "enable the recall of Members of the House of Commons who voluntarily change their political party affiliation".

What are the odds that he will voluntarily step down in order to force a by-election, and avoid the very obvious charge of hypocrisy? (I'm not holding my breath).

Inflation is going up, ably assisted by Fuel, Food and anything else that Retailers and Vendors can and will Pile onto everyone's Cost of Living! :( :oops:

It's now time for the Government and the rest of the those "Buffoons" that sit in Parliament getting their "Second Homes" or "Heating Bills" paid out of my hard Earned Cash to FORGET Who had what Party WHEN! And started to sort out the Mess we are all in (Together) :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Inflation is going up, ably assisted by Fuel, Food and anything else that Retailers and Vendors can and will Pile onto everyone's Cost of Living! :( :oops:

It's now time for the Government and the rest of the those "Buffoons" that sit in Parliament getting their "Second Homes" or "Heating Bills" paid out of my hard Earned Cash to FORGET Who had what Party WHEN! And started to sort out the Mess we are all in (Together) :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek::oops::rolleyes:
Agree. To be honest i don't really care whether they flout their own rules or lie or scheme. I tend to assume all politicians do it, however unfair that may be. Ultimately my main interest is what they actually do for me and the rest of the community in which i live.

Ultimately my main interest is what they actually do for me and the rest of the community in which i live.
That sounds very reasonable, until the realisation that while doing so much for themselves we are not in consideration.

I would like to see prosecutions for the disgusting and open corrupt deals due to covid.
I would like to see prosecutions of those at Westminster that flouted their own rules, the PM included.
While those that are bleeding us are unaccountable for their corrupt actions the lessons to the rest of us is that the ends justify the means and to gain advantage at the expense of others is justifiable.

As for some civil servant carrying out a review, or whatever, where the f' are the MET?

Tied in with the rest of the crew at number 10
No doubt, the back rubbing exercises are too blatant imo.
It gives some justification to the many 'other' crackpots that are citing conspiracy theories for dumb reasons.

But with the elite of London allowing these things to go on with v little challenge can only be a conspiracy of the elite as a whole.

With the true inflation being massively above that as stated it 'aint gonna be long before the gits are throwing us loaves of bread at sports stadiums. And expecting gratitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom