Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I have always been a proponent of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, however this unilateral recognition in a Palestinian state now, a mere 7 months after the 7th Oct massacre, is nothing short of rewarding terrorism. I have no doubt that the 'success' of 7th Oct (as it will now be seen by many) will be an encouragement to others.

I have always been a proponent of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, however this unilateral recognition in a Palestinian state now, a mere 7 months after the 7th Oct massacre, is nothing short of rewarding terrorism. I have no doubt that the 'success' of 7th Oct (as it will now be seen by many) will be an encouragement to others.
Chicken & egg.
It was naive when I suggested the rest of the world should keep out. The many agenda's of multiple players hasn't simplified any of the deep rotted (that was a typo, but appropriate) grievances.

The Biden administration on Friday 10th May 2024 said Israel's use of U.S.-supplied weapons may have violated international humanitarian law during its military operation in Gaza, in its strongest criticism to date of Israel. But the administration stopped short of a definitive assessment, saying that due to the chaos of the war in Gaza it could not verify specific instances where use of those weapons might have been involved in alleged breaches.

Hardly surprising the young are taking an anti israeli position.

Strange that this piousness didn’t surface when multiple fund raising events for the IRA were held in the land of the free. Did they think the Irish were just buying shillelaghs?

Biden is also wary of the large Muslim vote in key states, according to the TV Montana being one of them

As for the young protesters; has anyone asked if they object to the UK supplying defensive weapons to the Israelis?

As for the young protesters; has anyone asked if they object to the UK supplying defensive weapons to the Israelis?
They will. The simplistic view is Palestinians are oppressed and the cruel Israeli settlers are bullies and deserve what the Palestinians are calling for. What ever that was. What was it again?

They will. The simplistic view is Palestinians are oppressed and the cruel Israeli settlers are bullies and deserve what the Palestinians are calling for. What ever that was. What was it again?
For Abraham to admit that their God didn't say they could have it all,
I think.

Strange that this piousness didn’t surface when multiple fund raising events for the IRA were held in the land of the free. Did they think the Irish were just buying shillelaghs?

Biden is also wary of the large Muslim vote in key states, according to the TV Montana being one of them

Did the US state department not publicly state some degree of concern during the times of the 'troubles'?

Did the US state department not publicly state some degree of concern during the times of the 'troubles'?
Oh yes, the US State department frequently stated some concern during the "The Troubles."

And assisted with covert funding and assistance both directly (from Government) and indirectly through substantial fund-raising, particularly around New England. I, myself, bumped into three different fundraisers "for the Boys," at small scale events. (Although, as with all fund raising, it's hard to tell how much money gets diverted between the donation box and the destination.

Those guns and explosives didn't reach Ireland from Argos, and likewise the money stolen from banks and businesses didn't simply stay in Ireland.

Clinton, bless his little womanising soul, changed the US Government stance from his arrival in 1992, which led to the Peace process which achieved so much, and then didn't.

Oh yes, the US State department frequently stated some concern during the "The Troubles."

And assisted with covert funding and assistance both directly (from Government) and indirectly through substantial fund-raising, particularly around New England. I, myself, bumped into three different fundraisers "for the Boys," at small scale events. (Although, as with all fund raising, it's hard to tell how much money gets diverted between the donation box and the destination.

Those guns and explosives didn't reach Ireland from Argos, and likewise the money stolen from banks and businesses didn't simply stay in Ireland.

Clinton, bless his little womanising soul, changed the US Government stance from his arrival in 1992, which led to the Peace process which achieved so much, and then didn't.
Feelings still exist as proven in the contempt shown by Biden in his visit to Ireland

I don't watch nor vote in Eurocrap, but I will vote this year.

No prizes for guessing who for. 😉

Interestingly, several newspapers shunned the Swiss singer today, and opted to put the Israeli singer on their front page:

Screenshot-20240512-160551.jpg

Interestingly, several newspapers shunned the Swiss singer today, and opted to put the Israeli singer on their front page:

Screenshot-20240512-160551.jpg
Imho,
it was a better song, and more interesting to watch.

If that matters at a song contest.

It's good to see the Civil Servce are getting rid of their diversity roles. As they rarely get rid of people, I suppose they'll just move on to other non-jobs.
Believe those roles will be gone, when they've actually gone.

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 16.30.33.png

It's good to see the Civil Servce are getting rid of their diversity roles. As they rarely get rid of people, I suppose they'll just move on to other non-jobs.

I understand they are to be merged with central HR roles, so not cancelled, but "diversified".

Let's wait and see if the colonial and white privilege workshops continue.

I understand they are to be merged with central HR roles, so not cancelled, but "diversified".

Yes, but once their job is no longer classified under the 'Diversity' silo/tower, but under HR, they can move laterally or get promoted into generic HR roles, which means that in future less new recruits will be required to replace employees in HR who retire or otherwise leave, and so over a period of time it will eventually have the desired effect of 'getting rid' of the 'Diversity' roles, without having to make anyone redundant.

Yes, but once their job is no longer classified under the 'Diversity' silo/tower, but under HR, they can move laterally or get promoted into generic HR roles, which means that in future less new recruits will be required to replace employees in HR who retire or otherwise leave, and so over a period of time it will eventually have the desired effect of 'getting rid' of the 'Diversity' roles, without having to make anyone redundant.

Hopefully so, but could just be obfuscation. Time will tell.

If that matters at a song contest.

It's a long time since it was a real song contest.

Every year it gets more like a contest of who can create the most striking and outrageous visual performance. Throw in the inevitable geopolitical bias and the actual songs are distinctly secondary. I haven't the faintest idea why the UK enters as there is zero chance of winning.

I haven't the faintest idea why the UK enters as there is zero chance of winning.
Since we are supporting Ukraine in a significant way I would have thought that would up our score considerably.
I get that supporting Israel isn't so popular, but to finish 13 places behind them is a surprise.

Surly Brexit isn't still marking us down.

In this song contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom