Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here here,
and well done that self serving, baby producing scumbag.
Churchill he most certainly wasn't, but a benefit to us eventually getting Brexit done, he was.

Now, how do we stop tother self serving scumbags taking us back in ???????????????????/
Encourage the scumbags down south to stop opposing Scotland rejoining ; stay out at your peril .

Don't get me wrong...I'm a remainer and leaving was the wrong thing to do without a doubt......but by the time BJ got in, like many, I was really past caring and just wanted it over and the deal done.
But nothing good has come out of leaving, the hard of thinking, largely racist were sold a pack of lies and believed it. If it was voted for tomorrow, now we know the facts, rather than years ago, I suspect the vote would be a landslide remain no matter what side of the house you vote for. Nothing is better since Brexit.... nothing at all....and lots is rather worse.
Exactly. And the European Parliament elections in two weeks time will reflect that as furious voters go to the polls and throw out incumbent MEP’s, replacing them with Eurosceptic “right wing” (but really nationalist) replacements.

Because nothing’s better after Brexit.

And then five months later in November, the Yanks will do the same, kicking out Biden on his Harris, bringing back Trump as “47.”

Because Americans too think that everything’s worse after Brexit.

It’s a nightmare: unemployment’s down, salaries are up, house prices are up, people have gone exercise crazy, pubs are closing because people don’t drink, immigration’s up, and motors are being replaced with silent EV’s. And we still don’t win Eurovision. Bloody Brexit.

Last edited:
So they claim , but if three member nations demand it , the constitution would mandate that their wishes be acceded to . What happens when two members support something and the other two don't is yet to be determined .
I don't think that this is a claim. Legal authority for this only lies with Westminster.

I have no idea how this came about historically, is it part of the constitution that all member states signed up to?

Don't get me wrong...I'm a remainer and leaving was the wrong thing to do without a doubt......but by the time BJ got in, like many, I was really past caring and just wanted it over and the deal done.
But nothing good has come out of leaving, the hard of thinking, largely racist were sold a pack of lies and believed it. If it was voted for tomorrow, now we know the facts, rather than years ago, I suspect the vote would be a landslide remain no matter what side of the house you vote for. Nothing is better since Brexit.... nothing at all....and lots is rather worse.
"Hard of thinking, mostly racist" is the typical ad hominem and intellectually weak cover all retort of those who wished to remain .

The outcome of the vote was predicated on many other factors such as the the decades of the increasingly
autocrstic attitude and approach of the EU

The UK are not unique in having a significant number of disillusioned people that see the EU as undemocratic, unweildy and being driven in a direction well beyond that of its original mandate. There are many, many millions within Europe that would also vote to leave.

Macron admitted recently that he thought, given the chance, that the French may well vote to leave.

It's done, we all need to move on. 👍

"Hard of thinking, mostly racist" is the typical ad hominem and intellectually weak cover all retort of those who wished to remain .

The outcome of the vote was predicated on many other factors such as the the decades of the increasingly
autocrstic attitude and approach of the EU

The UK are not unique in having a significant number of disillusioned people that see the EU as undemocratic, unweildy and being driven in a direction well beyond that of its original mandate. There are many, many millions within Europe that would also vote to leave.

Macron admitted recently that he thought, given the chance, that the French may well vote to leave.

It's done, we all need to move on. 👍
I could never figure out why people who wanted to leave were called racists.

Really?... well it's pretty obvious.. lots of people could not see further than the promised less immigrants and less Europeans ( mainly Polish) stealing our jobs. The first didn't happen...in fact it worse... and the second did happen....but leaves crops in the ground rotting, around here, and not enough lorry drivers.

Really?... well it's pretty obvious.. lots of people could not see further than the promised less immigrants and less Europeans ( mainly Polish) stealing our jobs. The first didn't happen...in fact it worse... and the second did happen....but leaves crops in the ground rotting, around here, and not enough lorry drivers.
Talk us through. How did Brexit cause the pan-European shortage of young lorry drivers? (Nearly three quarters of a million, allegedly). Is that what also caused the young truck driver shortage in the States?

is it because Brexit also caused the pan-European shortage of doctors and nurses?

Last edited:
But nothing good has come out of leaving, the hard of thinking, largely racist were sold a pack of lies and believed it. If it was voted for tomorrow, now we know the facts, rather than years ago, I suspect the vote would be a landslide remain no matter what side of the house you vote for.
Firstly I think this is done and dusted and we should move on having had the vote. Labour rejoining the EU (without a referendum?) would be much worse than what we had as we will be seen to be begging to be let in. I think it should be left as it is and move forward with unity making the best of whatever we have.

Secondly, at the time of the vote I thought it shouldn't even be put to the public because people (including me) don't/didn't understand the subject enough beyond cheaper wine and easier travel to the Med.

Thirdly, I voted remain. And boy am I now glad we ended up out. I would vote to stay out in a heart beat, and if I knew then what I know now I would have voted leave. As others have commented, the authoritarian increasing control over member states and encroachment into what I view and support as 'old school liberal' letting people live and have some control over their lives is getting out of control. A recent example of this is the EU/WHO 'pandemic' (or other health emergency) preparedness treaty, where the WHO gets to decide in things like vaccine mandates and lockdowns, with essentially no oversight. Now, whether our self-serving and corrupt MPs actually keep us out of that is another matter, but at least with Brexit we theoretically have the ability to not be controlled by an organisation funded by the pharmaceutical industry who might have a conflict of interest in vaccine mandates.

Last edited:
I suppose you also consider Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and Sweden to also be "largely racist" countries populated by the "hard of thinking"?

All of these current EU member states (18 out of 27) are predicted to vote in anti EU parties in the 2024 european parliament elections in just under a fortnights time.

Last edited:
That makes them racist does it?

Crops rotting in the ground and a shortage of lorry drivers is down to Brexit?? 🤣🤣

I thought the Act of Union covered Scotland and England; I didn't realise that it also gave rights to Wales and Northern Ireland back in 1706.
Me too…

Maybe if the vote for Scottish independence had been extended to English voters, Scotland may well already be independent?

Me too…

Maybe if the vote for Scottish independence had been extended to English voters, Scotland may well already be independent?
Tbh, I wouldn't like to see Scotland split from us,
even though I wish we in Derbyshire could split from Westminster.

That makes them racist does it?

Crops rotting in the ground and a shortage of lorry drivers is down to Brexit?? 🤣🤣
Yes....a direct result. The massive market garden and supermarket producers around Chichester left crops to rot because the European and Eastern European workers who harvested them did/could not stay after Brexit. And the Brits don't want those physically hard low paid jobs.... and when they take the job they don't last long. At one point Langmead farms where offering an hourly rate to pick crops, significantly higher than I get as a sales manager....just to get some of the labour they needed.

I'm not suggesting that everyone who voted Brexit is racist...far from it.....but it certainly affected the result. As said above.....which ever way you voted ....most people just did not really know what they were voting for and just voted on one or two points they agreed with... not the bigger picture.
I'm far from alone in this view.... backed up by the fact that most surveys say lots regret us leaving.... and that number grows by the month. Anyway....its just my view and that's what political discussion is all about.

Your view. Kindly do not apply that to others who took a different view to your self

My reasons for voting leave were never about free movement.

As I have said here several times , just before the vote took place we sat around having a meal with a large group of friends discussing the referendum.

All well educated, all in senior positions in their own respective careers. Not racists!

Only one was a remain voter.

The rest of us are very much wished to be part of the original trading community that we initially signed up for but did not support nor wished to be part of the continued centralisatiom of powers and the increasing dimunition of EU member states sovereign powers.

Me too…

“Maybe?”

If English voters had any say, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland would all be independent.

Passports, hard borders, quotas, tariffs, and the disappearance of the Labour Party majority in Westminster: what’s not to like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom