Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For how long we will have to listen these candidate pitches before they finally decide which one will be next to be stabbed in the back and kicked out of the office?

^ Boris is in the driving seat after todays round of votes. I'm surprised he has so much backing compared to the next hopefuls.

Boris 114
Hunt 43
Gove 37

Another vote next week.

^ Boris is in the driving seat after todays round of votes. I'm surprised he has so much backing compared to the next hopefuls.

Boris 114
Hunt 43
Gove 37

Another vote next week.

World politics seem totally messed up, we might as well push Boris into the arena for the entertainment factor.

I've never thought Boris was prime minister material but are any of the others. At least Boris has a personality and if they can stop him doing stupid things he could be the only one of them capable of winning a general election. Beats me why his team let Boris announce this higher tax rate thing. He didn't need to do it with the lead he has.

I've never thought Boris was prime minister material but are any of the others. At least Boris has a personality and if they can stop him doing stupid things he could be the only one of them capable of winning a general election. Beats me why his team let Boris announce this higher tax rate thing. He didn't need to do it with the lead he has.

Boris as PM worries me. He is like Trump in that he speaks without thinking. A diplomat, he is not.

World politics seem totally messed up, we might as well push Boris into the arena for the entertainment factor.
People have become so enraged by being fed bullshit by politicians for so long that they’re happy to cling to anyone who is an anti-politician and with Boris it’s precisely BECAUSE he isn't careful about what he says, because he sounds like he's being blunt and honest even when he's talking shite that people love him.

It's how Trump got elected, it's how Farage forced a score on EU membership, and still nobody gets it.

Much, much more likely is that he doesn't want to go head to head with Rory Stewart and hence favours the BBC's Tuesday debate by which time he hopes that RS will be out of the running.

Hanging his swerving (doing a Theresa?) scrutiny on the abominable attack those two women suffered is plain lame.

It is indeed a very sad state of affairs if same-sex couples can't hold hands and kiss on a bus in London in 2019 and be safe. So the victims have my unreserved and full sympathy.

Said that, their comment about Boris did initially had me baffled... Boris may or may not be what he has been accused of, but the idea that anything that Boris says or does resonates well among teenage thugs is... outlandish.

I could understand the rationale if Tommy Robinson was (rightly or wrongly) accused of influencing right-wing militants into Islamophobic attacks etc etc, but Boris and teenage thugs...?

The link above does explain their comment though. When the couple were first interviewed about the attack (before the arrests were made) there was no mention of Boris, this only crept into their comments on the second news report when the couple were interviewed again after police charged the suspects.

It is indeed a very sad state of affairs if same-sex couples can't hold hands and kiss on a bus in London in 2019 and be safe. So the victims have my unreserved and full sympathy.

Said that, their comment about Boris did initially had me baffled... Boris may or may not be what he has been accused of, but the idea that anything that Boris says or does resonates well among teenage thugs is... outlandish.

I could understand the rationale if Tommy Robinson was (rightly or wrongly) accused of influencing right-wing militants into Islamophobic attacks etc etc, but Boris and teenage thugs...?

The link above does explain their comment though. When the couple were first interviewed about the attack (before the arrests were made) there was no mention of Boris, this only crept into their comments on the second news report when the couple were interviewed again after police charged the suspects.

Or for some balance.....................

Benjamin Cohen on Twitter

Having seen the piece as it was aired... the context was more of an 'in the round' view of where the country is heading in its behaviour toward minorities. And BJ is unquestionably a populist who will stir up prejudices for his own benefit. Recent example is his attack on women wearing burqas and niquabs - which also serves to demonstrate just how out of touch with the bulk of the public he is. He claims he can 'unite the country'. He doesn't even know the country. It is several years ahead of him.
Still, we'll discuss this and ignore that he hasn't the bottle to go head to head with Rory Stewart.....

Having seen the piece as it was aired... the context was more of an 'in the round' view of where the country is heading in its behaviour toward minorities. And BJ is unquestionably a populist who will stir up prejudices for his own benefit. Recent example is his attack on women wearing burqas and niquabs - which also serves to demonstrate just how out of touch with the bulk of the public he is. He claims he can 'unite the country'. He doesn't even know the country. It is several years ahead of him.
Still, we'll discuss this and ignore that he hasn't the bottle to go head to head with Rory Stewart.....

I am not a fan of Boris (long list of reasons...) BUT it does seem that he will become the next Tory leader AND it does seem that voting for Boris may be the only chance we have of stopping the suicidal trio that is Corbyn-Abbott-McDonnell from taking control of the helm...... :(

The views of Noel Gallagher on Brexit: "There's only f***ing one thing worse than a fool who voted for Brexit. That's the rise of the c*** trying to get the vote overturned."

On Jeremy Corbyn: "F***ng student debater, f***ing captain fishy craggy old f***ing donkey, f*** off"

...and on Diane Abbott: "'the face of f***ing buffoonery"

:D :D :D

Full interview here: Noel Gallagher told us what he thinks of Brexit, Jeremy Corbyn, Nigel Farage, his brother Liam and Morrissey
I read that this morning, this is the part that chimed the most with me:

“The two extremes are the Labour Party don't respect people who are aspirational, and the Conservative Party don't protect the vulnerable.

"But somewhere in the middle is where New Labour danced, and they kind of had it f***ing right”

IMO Gallagher is an imbecile! Has he ever said anything of note? No. He is a Cretin!

I would argue that he's a well balanced chap.
Being a Northerner he likes his chips, one on each shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom