Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seriously?

You jibe, jab etc to provoke comment and then are seemingly alarmed when you get one?

Where is the Snowflake symbol? :)

Not alarmed but surprised, I have friends of all political persuasions and it does surprise me that you don't. Or maybe it doesn't in hindsight.

Snowflake??

As if.

Not so.
Johnson got his WA through the house on first reading with a circa 30 vote majority. What then ensued (pulling the bill and calling the GE) was his choice. Choice is not paralysis.
If you think it a good idea for the opposition parties to have collectively forced a minority government to remain in office while being unable to enact any policies, you have a strange definition of paralysis (and government, for that matter).

And if you honestly think the WA bill would have completed its passage through the House without being amended to the point that it didn't resemble what it started out as (and would therefore be worthless), you're deluded too.

Not so.
Johnson got his WA through the house on first reading with a circa 30 vote majority. What then ensued (pulling the bill and calling the GE) was his choice. Choice is not paralysis.
We all know that getting the bill through was a prelude to even more "remainer" antics in Parliament. Without a majority the government can not govern. That is why a GE was needed but it will have been for nothing if we still end up with a hung parliament.

Not alarmed but surprised, I have friends of all political persuasions and it does surprise me that you don't. Or maybe it doesn't in hindsight.

Snowflake??

As if.
"In hindsight"....................hmmm. No possibility that you might be guilty of letting your assumptions based on zero knowledge get the better of you ?

Sooo...:

From here:
John McDonnell's Finally Making Sense – For A Marxist | Continental Telegraph

'Shadow chancellor John McDonnell will claim that a Labour government would save families an average of £6,700 a year by “putting a stop to rip-off Britain” '

A worthy cause in itself, no doubt.

But 'Average'? If you look at it closer, it isn't an average, it's a best-case scenario, that not very many families will fit into. It assumes that both adults in the household use Season Train Tickets, that they take advantage of the proposed Labour initiative to insulate their home and make it more energy efficient, etc etc. Very very few families will actually reach the full £6,700 amount (or £6,716 to be precise - Labour made it sound like it was very carefully calculated to the Pound) that Labour says they could potentially save as result of the various Labour initiatives.

But this is not the issue - after all it's elections time, and everyone is telling porkies, from all sides of the political map. It would be unfair to hold it against only one political party.

The real issue here is that Corbyn's Labour was never good with figures... the amount they quoted isn't an average, it's a maximum.

A Labour spokeswoman on Radio 4 this morning first insisted it was an average, then said it was a median (does she know the difference between the two?), and by the end of the interview she agreed that in fact it was 'up to £6,716'.

Average, Median, Maximum... not same things. They cannot be used interchangeably.

Anyone know what has happened to Diane Abbott, Lady Emily Thornbury and Sir Kier Starmer?

All standing again, in very safe seats.
Abbott got 75% of the votes last time out, go figure. Mind she might have done the maths on that one herself.

Anyone know what has happened to Diane Abbott, Lady Emily Thornbury and Sir Kier Starmer?

Nope.
But I have Jacob Rees-Mogg searching for them. When he reports back....
(Don't hold your breath. Rees-Mogg couldn't find his own ****hole with a flashlight in both hands and the shiny end pointing backwards).

Now if Labour could also keep Corbyn, McDonnell, Long-Bailey and Rayner out of the lime light they might get somewhere.

Having the most annoying members in their cabinet is one contest in which they beat the other parties hands down on.

Now if Labour could also keep Corbyn, McDonnell, Long-Bailey and Rayner out of the lime light they might get somewhere.

Having the most annoying members in their cabinet is one contest in which they beat the other parties hands down on.

I have to agree,
But hearing "Let's get Brexit done" is annoying the hell out of me now. He's worn it out.

Watched the under-30’s QT special last night and what a shitshow that turned into; at one point I thought Angela Rayner (who I’ve always liked as a Labour politician) was going to swing for Farage - she was an absolute disgrace!

And the old “I was too young to vote” schtick got bandied about plenty too - well, I was too young to vote when Thatcher was stiffing my community; life’s a bitch - get over it!

There is still the "Labour can't be clear what they want", when it is clear their policy is now a remain policy, clear but they try to muddy it.

Farage was the only one that hinted at too many people being the cause for excess pollution etc, etc.

Swinson wouldn't want to cause SNP to gain independance but she's now in bed with Plaid Cymru, "working together in an adult fashion", and guess what they want.

Yep, Angel Rayner did come across as very angry and aggressive, very UKIPish.
I thought she might get physical there too.

"I wasn't old enough to vote in the referndum, and I will be most affected by it". Reduce the voting age to 10 then, or younger.

"It was ridiculous that eu nationals couldn't vote", if they could be assed to become UK citizens they could have.

Last nights QT was something of a mess but I did enjoy Gobby Rayner failing to put one over on Farage. I'm not the greatest fan of his but I have to admit he is very good in these situations and Rayner was never going to win. What I do like about Farage is he is willing to attempt the complex explanations when others won't. Much of the TV discussions is one side trying to score over the other knowing that the point being made is a gross simplification that can't be easily refuted. Well Farage is prepared to try and I do admire him for that.

Last edited:
Watched the under-30’s QT special last night and what a shitshow that turned into; at one point I thought Angela Rayner (who I’ve always liked as a Labour politician) was going to swing for Farage - she was an absolute disgrace!

And the old “I was too young to vote” schtick got bandied about plenty too - well, I was too young to vote when Thatcher was stiffing my community; life’s a bitch - get over it!
I decided last week not to watch anymore debates, QT's or leader interviews, they were all so disgraceful the way politicians speak to each other and the terrible intervening techniques used by the hosts.

Reactions: m80
I decided last week not to watch anymore debates, QT's or leader interviews, they were all so disgraceful the way politicians speak to each other and the terrible intervening techniques used by the hosts.

I agree. Its a waste of time to watch them. Nothing learnt we don't already know and highly unlikely to change anyone from one camp to another.

It's a real shame as the debates and interviews are meant to be there to help us decide but all the politicians behaviour turns me off and the interviewers seem to think the show is all about them. They ask question after question interrupting every answer and make snide remarks before moving on. Channel 4 have been exposed by their own journalists as poltitically biased so I never watch the channel.

Question, at all GE's the same old same old Health Service rises to the fore. It is accepted there is 31000 vacancies for nurses each earning £22928 pa, so where is the £710 million? Or would the Health Service be even in more trouble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom