Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can roll your eyes all you like, it's a fact that we haven't left yet. All you have right now is sentiment.
There was plenty of doom and gloom predictions based on just the 2016 vote to leave which were then further argued just before the Withdrawal Agreement was voted through the Commons. We will just have to see what happens after 31st Jan but as it is now a done deal that we are leaving I am pleased that we now have a much more positive outlook being predicted and, in the case of employment and wages, we have actual results.

There was plenty of doom and gloom predictions based on just the 2016 vote to leave which were then further argued just before the Withdrawal Agreement was voted through the Commons. We will just have to see what happens after 31st Jan but as it is now a done deal that we are leaving I am pleased that we now have a much more positive outlook being predicted and, in the case of employment and wages, we have actual results.
Meh, more sentiment.

I just cannot buy into the spin that all is rosy, it's simply too early to tell. I'm sort of glad that Brexit looks like it's going to happen but don't ask me to be sucked in by hype.

Meh, more sentiment.

I just cannot buy into the spin that all is rosy, it's simply too early to tell. I'm sort of glad that Brexit looks like it's going to happen but don't ask me to be sucked in by hype.
I bet your cup is half empty ;), I'm a half full guy :)

Meh, more sentiment.

That's progress in itself. I do think its not hype but at least some now have a more positive outlook than before. When all is said and done, as you say it is going to happen, we should all get on with it and make it a success. Those others (not yourself) who seem hell bent on trying to make it fail just so they can say 'Ha ha told you so' are to be pitied.

We haven't left yet and I hear the House of Lords have rejected the Brexit Bill and made several amendments for the HoC to vote on. The Lords didn't want us to leave and seem to be making it clear.

We haven't left yet and I hear the House of Lords have rejected the Brexit Bill and made several amendments for the HoC to vote on. The Lords didn't want us to leave and seem to be making it clear.
Yes but that will be by passed by the HOC. Doesnt need the lords to approve it.

How stupid can they be? Their future is in the balance and they continue to stick their heads above the wall. I do not believe they have any support from the general public.

Sack them all. They serve no useful purpose. They will not be missed.

Says all we need to know about you.

Ad hominem attacks seems to be your go-to responses.

Play the man= lose the argument
How stupid can they be? Their future is in the balance and they continue to stick their heads above the wall. I do not believe they have any support from the general public.

Sack them all. They serve no useful purpose. They will not be missed.

Send them to York ...

.... or Coventry ...

... or the Outer Hebrides?

Ad hominem attacks seems to be your go-to responses.

Play the man= lose the argument

That is gloriously ironic, look at your mocking names that you have made up for politicians that you don't agree with.

Send them to York ...

.... or Coventry ...

... or the Outer Hebrides?

I’m not sure the planet Mars would be far enough.

The HoL are just expensive noise. Their objections have been voted down today in the Commons. The Conservative majority can simply slap the Lords back down. On this basis alone they serve no useful purpose.

I’m not sure the planet Mars would be far enough.

The HoL are just expensive noise. Their objections have been voted down today in the Commons. The Conservative majority can simply slap the Lords back down. On this basis alone they serve no useful purpose.

Indeed they (HoC) have just done so. The WA has been passed and is reportedly going for Royal assent tomorrow.

Oh it’s all gone quiet over there. Oh it’s all gone quiet over there. Oh it’s all gone quiet. All gone quiet. All gone quiet over there. Who are ya? Who are ya? Etc

For the benefit of our remainer chums. :):):):):):):):)

Oh it’s all gone quiet over there. Oh it’s all gone quiet over there. Oh it’s all gone quiet. All gone quiet. All gone quiet over there. Who are ya? Who are ya? Etc

For the benefit of our remainer chums. :):):):):):):):)

I want to apologise for this post. It was extremely childish and a result of too much beer.

PS. You’re not singing any more. :)

20d26fe6-ffd6-4e22-9656-beaab55bcbc2.jpg

EU apparatchiks sign the Book of Condolence for the UK Remainers who fell in the fight against democracy.

(Shamelessly and gleefully copied from the Guido website)

Anti-Semitism claims 'used to undermine Corbyn'

A series of lame excuses made by McCluskey.

The bottom line is that Corbyn's Labour had a flawed product that the British public just didn't buy into.

Labour's ideology was militant and divisive, and their top team amateurish and incompetent.

But McCluskey is deeply entrenched in Momentum's ideology and refuses to accept that their brand of near-Communism will never sell.

History already thought us that Communism can only be brought-about via a violent revolution and dictatroship - no democracy has ever seen its voters willingly vote-in a Communist regime.

The appointment of a 'continuity Corbyn' candidate as Labour's new leader will be great news for the Conservatives.

The hard left in Labour will continue to deny any blame for the loss, will try to point the finger elsewhere and deny responsibility in any way for the appalling performance at the election. Now Brexit is all but settled where will they find a scapegoat to blame future defeats on?

The arrogance and stupidity being displayed rolls on to the detriment of politics overall. The Labour party have one chance left in choosing a leader who can indeed lead and rebuild or they will be in continuing decline as a party possibly to the point of no return as the electorate see them as an irrelevant, marginalised, embittered and extremist collective that does not come close to representing the views of the majority.

The hard left in Labour will continue to deny any blame for the loss, will try to point the finger elsewhere and deny responsibility in any way for the appalling performance at the election. Now Brexit is all but settled where will they find a scapegoat to blame future defeats on?

The arrogance and stupidity being displayed rolls on to the detriment of politics overall. The Labour party have one chance left in choosing a leader who can indeed lead and rebuild or they will be in continuing decline as a party possibly to the point of no return as the electorate see them as an irrelevant, marginalised, embittered and extremist collective that does not come close to representing the views of the majority.
Nice one Alan.

lets hope they dont succeed in choosing a leader then and remain in the wilderness for years and years and years...........

lets hope they dont succeed in choosing a leader then and remain in the wilderness for years and years and years...........
That is not good for our political system, we need checks and balances.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom