Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well it is interesting that the real people who run our schools are the board of governors,they are all legally responsible portfolio holders,they employ all the teachers including the head teacher,thankfully teachers have a contract,and I would be surprised if the governors are not saying they expect all the teachers to make the opening in two weeks a success,this is the right time of the year with contracts up for renewal,I am also sure most teachers will be doing just that,there are more would be teachers around than teaching posts.

The NEU are clearly not on the same page as the vast majority of their membership. The majority of teachers, students and parents want the schools open.

The NEU are clearly not on the same page as the vast majority of their membership. The majority of teachers, students and parents want the schools open.

That would be my impression too, there were few politically active teachers when I worked in a school. Schools have been kept open for key workers children during lock down by teachers volunteering to work on a rota basis.

What puzzles me is why the moderate members put up with a union leader who is so obviously a nasty piece of work. Who here would join a union led by a person like that.

a calm, interesting and measured opinion/analysis on the lockdown release plans

Watch from 38mins 45 secs

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

a calm, interesting and measured opinion/analysis on the lockdown release plans

Watch from 38mins 45 secs

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Prof Dingwall makes fair points. It’s my feeling that the government has had its fingers burned with past decisions to ease lockdown and at this stage will be over-cautious so as not to throw away the political goodwill it has earned with the vaccines success.

Are we allowed to mention the ‘c’ word in this thread? ;)

Well, Salmond's appearance at the inquiry yesterday was pretty explosive. Is he telling the truth? I don't know, but it's essential that he has the opportunity to speak out - something that Sturgeon and her apparatchiks in the SNP have gone to extraordinary lengths to prevent.

There is rich irony in the (indisputable) fact that Sturgeon has responded to accusations of an establishment stitch-up with - you guessed it - an establishment stitch-up. Despite the High Court ruling that Salmond's allegations could be heard without compromising the anonymity of his accusers in his sex pest trial and the Scottish Parliament eventually, after lots of shenanigans, publishing it, the Scottish Crown Office (the equivalent of the CPS in England) insisted on parts of it being redacted. But a key part of the redaction was nothing to do with protecting Salmond's accusers: it was a direct statement accusing Sturgeon of dishonesty and misleading Parliament. I suspect this was no coincidence as the Crown Office, far from being independent (a key tenet in any functioning democracy) is headed by a man who is a member of Sturgeon's cabinet.

Sturgeon and the SNP are looking increasingly corrupt. As someone commented, they've turned Scotland in to a banana republic, but without the bananas.

If Salmond is being untruthful then any untruths deserve to, and should, be exposed. Sturgeon and the SNP's efforts to keep things hidden are shameful.

Last edited:
Sturgeon and the SNP are looking increasingly corrupt. As someone commented, they've turned Scotland in to a banana republic, but without the bananas.

Prior to the 2014 indyref I can recall varous people in business staying quiet. They were concerned about how vindictive the SNP would be if there was a vote for independence.

The SNP is toxic to Scotland. It underperforms in its represenation of the electorate. It underperforms in its handling of the economy. It is over-obsessed in navel gazing legislation that has no tangible value to the public. Its understanding of real personal freedom is questionable. It is highly prejudiced.

It's a an unnerving irony that Mr Salmond who is no statesman and is highly questionable is doing it more than any of its political opponents or Scottish media to expose it.

Problem in Scotland is that there a lot of people disgusted (and I mean really disgusted) but feel that they have no one to turn to.

Mr Blair unwittingly set up a situation where Scotland is turning into a failed state.

Salmond has a right to be heard, but I suggest a nay guilty verdict doesn't necessarily mean innocent.

Will we ever learn who is guilty of what, innocent and honourable, or anywhere in between?

Salmond is one cause of the SNP's success, although there being little viable choice in Scotland can be much of the credit there.
He was, and still says, an independent Scotland is close to his heart, but all this can only set that back decades if not centuries.

Independence is reliant on a leadership that could to win the votes.
So far the questions that are still hanging over Salmond raise serious questions as to his credibility when he was in the position that could have resulted in that.

Now the questions he is raising over the Scottish governance is raising serious questions as to the credibility of the SNP in its entirety to lead an independent Scotland.

And there are a few more relevant concerns regarding that w/o all this.

Boris couldn't have designed this better himself, assuming he didn't of course.

The SNP is toxic to Scotland.
Fixed that for you ;)

Salmond is an odious creature, but as the former FM and head of the SNP he does know where the bodies are buried and he seems more than willing to throw a spotlight onto them. Sturgeon is being shown to be the devious, manipulative plotter that she really is. The one sadness I have regarding the Salmond / Sturgeon spat is that they can't both lose.

The one sadness I have regarding the Salmond / Sturgeon spat is that they can't both lose.
Just a personal opinion but I think Salmond has and Sturgeon will follow. If there were a viable alternative to SNP that would be next.

If Blackford made leader he could finish it though.

If Blackford made leader he could finish it though.

Mr Blackford is symptomatic of how poor quality the SNP are. Bear in mind when you see him performing that this is their leader in Westminster.

Right now the only figures of stature that the SNP have are Ms Sturgeon, Mr Salmond, and Mr Swinney. So with Mr Salmond tainted and Ms Sturgeon being tainted ... that leaves Mr Swinney. They have a president Dr Mike Russell who seems to have some standing in the party - my weary observation is that he's a actually a vacuum masquerading as a political dilletant and only has standing because he's in the SNP.

Scotland needs a political reboot.

Scotland needs a political reboot.
In the general run of things -British, what's good for Scotland is good for the British onion. Versa visa too.

Scotland have produced some notable politicians. Although maybe not all fantastic, the one's that favoured being English MP's seemed to be preferable to the SNP that is.
Although in truth I think both Salmond and Sturgeon would be reasonable forces within the overall British arena if they weren't so anti English. Too much wasted effort there.
Anyways the point being that if those with loud voices for Scotland weren't so anti Westminster and within the Onion they could actually work toward a common goal, or two, the future might be a damn site more orange.

I think there is too much emphasis on 'they've got more on their plate down there'. The more intelligent politicians that wanted some of that went down there.

But to sort of echo your sentiment Dyce, the whole bloody UK wants a political reboot. Much being a big boot up many a jacksie out the flippin' door.
The dreaded C thing has disguised the political ineptitude within Westminster for a while now.

I am delighted that, despite Sturgeon and her gang's best efforts, slowly and gradually, the despotic nature of SNP rule in Scotland is being revealed, discussed and analysed

Right now the only figures of stature that the SNP have are Ms Sturgeon, Mr Salmond, and Mr Swinney. So with Mr Salmond tainted and Ms Sturgeon being tainted ... that leaves Mr Swinney.
Joanna Cherry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom