Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Because people are gradually beginning to wake up to the fact the death throws of Margaret Thatchers's b*st*rd political child of now discredited neo-liberalism is still conspiring to drag us over an economic precipice.
The poor unfortunates in Grenville Tower found that out last week.

*Grenfell*. It's only been 6 days!

The current attempts to link the fire to the political system are frankly pathetic.

There are extensive Building Regulations regarding Fire Regulations - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...chment_data/file/441669/BR_PDF_AD_B2_2013.pdf. The update of these is not a 'political' decision, but made by experts in that arena.

It seem's that the cladding in this fire was lethal. I'm not sure how it can have complied with Building Regs with no fire breaks installed - I'm sure that it will be investigated.

As ever there will be a number of people in a chain. The manufacturer, the architect/designer, the project manager, the flat's management committee, the Housing Association, Building reg's department, etc...

Pointing the finger is too easy

Isn't it more that it exposes the entire flawed political system?

Huge gulf between haves and have nots.

Ministers had a report about the risks and sat on it.

Local council leaving the victims to their own devices.

Tower clad to make it look pretty - gentrification.

etc?

The current attempts to link the fire to the political system are frankly pathetic.

There are extensive Building Regulations regarding Fire Regulations - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...chment_data/file/441669/BR_PDF_AD_B2_2013.pdf. The update of these is not a 'political' decision, but made by experts in that arena.

It seem's that the cladding in this fire was lethal. I'm not sure how it can have complied with Building Regs with no fire breaks installed - I'm sure that it will be investigated.

As ever there will be a number of people in a chain. The manufacturer, the architect/designer, the project manager, the flat's management committee, the Housing Association, Building reg's department, etc...

Naaahh, waste of money, no need for an investigation, it will just give jobs to another bunch of useless Tory officials, we all know that the fire is the fault of them rich folk, just read some of the posts on mbclub and you'll know all you need to know, case closed.

Naaahh, waste of money, no need for an investigation, it will just give jobs to another bunch of useless Tory officials, we all know that the fire is the fault of them rich folk, just read some of the posts on mbclub and you'll know all you need to know, case closed.

Yes, come the Revolution brother we will no longer need a Judicial system.

Everything is obvious, the rich are always the problem so all we need to arrange are the firing squads :D:D:D

Yes, come the Revolution brother we will no longer need a Judicial system...

Yes we will. Though it will consist of local Justice Committees on each street corner, with a firing squad on standby.

I don't care however... they will start with the rich so I figured I will have a couple of months before they get down to my income bracket :thumb:

....he has repeatedly REFUSED to unequivocally condemn IRA terrorists....

...He said: “I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA.”...

When asked earlier today on Radio 4 if he condemns the Finsbury Park Mosque attack, Corbyn replied that he "condemns all violence, on all sides". When asked again if he will unequivocally condemn the Finsbury Park Mosque attack, he said "There have been attacks by ISIS, attacks by far-right organisations, all attacks on civilians are wrong, of course I condemn them."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The above never happens, and never will........ and rightly so.

But it does give some perceptive to Corbyn's responses to the IRA questions, and also tells you all you need to know about Corbyn's support of the IRA.

Last edited:
But it does give some perceptive to Corbyn's responses to the IRA questions, and also tells you all you need to know about Corbyn's support of the IRA.

"of course I condemn them"

Must the right continue to pretend that Corbyn somehow supports these attacks?

No food banks in the town I live in.

Doubt there are any in many towns across the country.

Went to see the Pink Floyd exhibition at the V&A on Saturday. There was a track playing from Dark side of the Moon that made me think of someone here.

"of course I condemn them"

Must the right continue to pretend that Corbyn somehow supports these attacks?

Of course Corbyn does no support the Finsbury Mosque attack, which is why he would never say what I posted above.

But he DID say that on the IRA bombings.... draw your own conclusions from this disparity.

The proof is that Corbyn would not survived politically if he applied same answer to the Finsbury Mosque attack as he did to the IRA bombings.

Last edited:
No food banks in the town I live in.

Doubt there are any in many towns across the country.

Went to see the Pink Floyd exhibition at the V&A on Saturday. There was a track playing from Dark side of the Moon that made me think of someone here.

I haven't seen any in London either. Not ever. Not a single one.

I have no doubt that they do exist, it is just that I have never seen one myself.

So either there are not too many of them around, or perhaps I don't get out much :D

Here's the full list:

https://www.peabody.org.uk/resident-services/benefits-and-budgeting/food-banks

Apparently there are 22 in greater London. Given that the population is £8.5m, that's one food bank for every 386,363 residents.

And this is what they look like:

food-bank-2015.png

Just to give some perspective.

Last edited:
But he DID say that on the IRA bombings.... draw your own conclusions from this disparity.

But he has condemned IRA bombings.

How come the right wing parties and their supporters in this country have to lie about Corbyn and the left?

Meanwhile in the world of politics:

"British negotiators have capitulated to key European demands for a phased approach to Brexit talks, agreeing to park discussions on free trade until they have thrashed out the cost of the multibillion-euro UK divorce settlement."

Germany 1 UK 0?

Strong and stable tories wilt at the first sign of trouble?

I can't for the life of me get my head around these unpatriotic rants, reports and the support they receive.

I remember a recollection from the late, great Sir Bobby Robson whilst under pressure as the England manager. England were flying to Egypt to play a friendly prior a World Cup Tournament ( 1986 I think).

He remarked how he looked at all the journalists on the plane and couldn't believe that they wanted their country, England, to fail miserably so they could get a good story. He was absolutely astounded that fellow countrymen could behave in such a way.

I get the same feeling about a lot of people in this country with regards the Brexit negotiations, seems like patriotism is a thing of the past

Meanwhile in the world of politics:

"British negotiators have capitulated to key European demands for a phased approach to Brexit talks, agreeing to park discussions on free trade until they have thrashed out the cost of the multibillion-euro UK divorce settlement."

Germany 1 UK 0?

Same as 1966 world cup and we won 4-2 at the end, have patience

I can't for the life of me get my head around these unpatriotic rants, reports and the support they receive.

Hang on a minute, we were all told by Mrs May that she needed to win another election so that she could be strong and stable down the brexit talks.

Turns out first sign of trouble and the strong and stable party u turned and ran up the white flag.

Mrs May is a fibber, innit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom