Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Petition: Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.

For anyone who feels so inclined and hasn't already signed it.
Signing the petition is a waste of time. Theresa May has already said she wont revoke article 50 and besides even with 4 million signatures that's only roughly 7% of the population so I presume the other 93% are happy to continue with Brexit.

Only London, Scotland and NI voted to remain all other regions voted to leave, I thought it would be closer than that.
I can see a potential issue with establishing territorial continuity between London and NI/Scotland, but I am sure Boris can come-up with some 'smart tunnel' technological solution to this problem. So lets form the United Staydom, shall we?

Signing the petition is a waste of time. Theresa May has already said she wont revoke article 50 and besides even with 4 million signatures that's only roughly 7% of the population so I presume the other 93% are happy to continue with Brexit.

Dream on :D

If enough people want one the 'will of the people' cannot be ignored inconvenient as that would be for the idealists.

Dream on :D

If enough people want one the 'will of the people' cannot be ignored inconvenient as that would be for the idealists.
The will of 7% of the people out ways the 93%? That would be inconvenient! :)

The will of 7% of the people out ways the 93%? That would be inconvenient! :)

How dare you make sense :D

Remainers like to quote there strength in numbers. What with the few people walking about London with placards along with some forged signature on an internet website. They don't like the numbers quoted back at them.

Only London, Scotland and NI voted to remain all other regions voted to leave, I thought it would be closer than that.

Of the 381 voting areas in Great Britain and Gibraltar and the 18 Northern Ireland parliamentary constituencies, a total of 270 returned majority votes in favour of "Leave the European Union", while 129 returned majority votes in favour of "Remain a member of the European Union", including all 32 voting areas in Scotland.

Bit of a landslide really if you apply the first past the post in a normal parliamentary election. The 52%-48% rather distorts the actual results area wise

No matter what number they quote it will not defeat over 17 million ...

Well one might think 17.000001 million might make a valid argument.

Though there are some complications with justifying the measurement of the real numbers with any informal internet based poll.

Well one might think 17.000001 million might make a valid argument.

Though there are some complications with justifying the measurement of the real numbers with any informal internet based poll.
Agreed although my reference was of course the original and verified figures

Not quite.

The referendum was not open to the entire UK population of 67m, but only to 46m registered voters. Of which, only 34m actually took part in the referendum.

The e-petition is open to all 67m UK resident AND to the (estimated) 5.5m UK Citizens living overseas.

So in the Brexit referendum we had:

- 26% of the UK population voted for Brexit

- 38% of UK registered voters voted for Brexit

- 51% of actual voters, voted for Brexit

While in the e-Petition we have:

- 0.05% of those eligible to sign, 'voted' against Brexit

The rest is speciation....

Despite all the front-of-house shenanigans, the Elite are still trying to manipulate their preferred outcome behind the scenes.

Which is to prevent a true Brexit.

Meanwhile, in Toulouse and Paris, the French President - parachuted in to take over from Mutti - has put tanks on the street of a country which already has a phalanx of Riot Police trained and dedicated to carry out civil "control".

Welcome to the real EU ... except France is not the UK and the Govt. here cannot win. Unless Macron backs down, he will be toast.

Despite all the front-of-house shenanigans, the Elite are still trying to manipulate their preferred outcome behind the scenes.

Which is to prevent a true Brexit.

Meanwhile, in Toulouse and Paris, the French President - parachuted in to take over from Mutti - has put tanks on the street of a country which already has a phalanx of Riot Police trained and dedicated to carry out civil "control".

Welcome to the real EU ... except France is not the UK and the Govt. here cannot win. Unless Macron backs down, he will be toast.

Who are the Elite as I thought they wanted a no deal

As for riots they are usually formed by a minority.

93% :D

Where did you pluck that from? :rolleyes:
Only 4 million have signed the stop Brexit petition, that's roughly 7% of the population which leaves roughly 93% of the population that either wants to continue with Brexit or doesn't care enough either way to bother signing a petition. I don't know what is actually in the minds of the 93% but neither do you.

Depends who the elite are that youre referring to.

It shouldn't "depend" .. you clearly have a definition of the Elite in your mind, as you say you "thought they wanted a no deal".

For the avoidance of doubt, mine is the global Elite. You have to know when you're being played. ;)

Only 4 million have signed the stop Brexit petition, that's roughly 7% of the population which leaves roughly 93% of the population that either wants to continue with Brexit or doesn't care enough either way to bother signing a petition. I don't know what is actually in the minds of the 93% but neither do you.

I didn't assume that 93% would be against it though. As I said, dream on if you think they are. This whole ridiculous fiasco is coming down like a house of cards as people want real jobs and prosperity more than a chance that they might get these but looking less likely by the day that they will materialise.

I think it is clear that the leave campaign attracts the worst of the right wing extremists who have to resort the death threats against the 77 year old woman who started the petition.
Choose your side wisely.

Last edited:
Its a proper old boys coupe, pre-lining their corded pockets with power. They may as well circle round the pizza, last one to finish eats it.. disgusting behaviour....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom