Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's Corbin down the Job Centre then!!!!What a Muppet!

Your posts on this seem rather bizarre.

There are no allegations, no suggestions of corruption, no talk of bribes, no mention of convictions and you don't need to rest your case.

Although you haven't watched the program, it presented a compelling case that the US pharmaceutical industry is doing what it has done elsewhere by flexing its immense financial muscle to ensure that Washington puts their interests to the fore in any trade deal. It also provided clear primary evidence that this process has already started.

No deal had yet been reached but if that is one of the tenets of any agreement it is both hugely damaging and contradicts the funding promises of Vote Leave. Whatever terms are settled upon, no one gets a good deal from Trump and the US negotiators, funded by hundreds of millions of lobbyist dollars, will run rings around ours.
I still don't understand why you seem to think that the UK will just give its NHS away to US Pharma (or otherwise buy more-expensively from them).

You keep reiterating that various newspapers and documentaries say it will be so.

My question to you is - very simply - why, in your opinion, the UK will agree for this to happen?

A common argument for a 2nd ref is that so many kiddies that would be affected by the result weren't able to vote.....

What a splendid idea. Instead of reducing the voting age, which is obviously ridiculous, why not have a rolling referendum?

I.e. a referendum every 4 years, thus giving all young adults an opportunity to participate in the referendum as soon as they turn voting age.

To put things in perspective... last we checked, 48% of voters were in favour of remaining in the EU.

Yes they've lost the vote, and anyone who refuses to accept the results deserves all the criticism they get, because they put our democracy at risk.

But for Leavers to be ridiculing Remainers because of their views on our membership of the EU is an equally slippery slope.

Democracy is about majority vote, yes, but at the same time it is not about silencing or ridiculing a very large group that disagrees with the majority.

I still don't understand why you seem to think that the UK will just give its NHS away to US Pharma (or otherwise buy more-expensively from them).

You keep reiterating that various newspapers and documentaries say it will be so.

My question to you is - very simply - why, in your opinion, the UK will agree for this to happen?

Mark

He has nothing to give here apart from badly chosen headlines that have so real substance.

The NHS have always worked with foreign suppliers of drugs, services etc, it is a global market and private healthcare providers can and do add to the overall effectiveness of the NHS, to deny this is just facile and typical left wing bias based on prejudice and, in this case crass ignorance.

What a splendid idea. Instead of reducing the voting age, which is obviously ridiculous, why not have a rolling referendum?

I.e. a referendum every 4 years, thus giving all young adults an opportunity to participate in the referendum as soon as they turn voting age.

Did anyone seek the opinions of teenagers (or anyone) when we were taken into the EU ?

To put things in perspective... last we checked, 48% of voters were in favour of remaining in the EU.

Yes they've lost the vote, and anyone who refuses to accept the results deserves all the criticism they get, because they put our democracy at risk.

But for Leavers to be ridiculing Remainers because of their views on our membership of the EU is an equally slippery slope.

Democracy is about majority vote, yes, but at the same time it is not about silencing or ridiculing a very large group that disagrees with the majority.
Indeed but it works both ways and Remain has taken some supposed moral and intellectual high ground since before the referendum and heaped ridicule on anyone daring to oppose that position.

But all of that, whilst being true also works in reverse:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom