Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
imgo_0.jpg

I raise you:

upload_2019-10-31_6-10-52.jpegupload_2019-10-31_6-10-52.jpeg upload_2019-10-31_6-10-52.jpeg upload_2019-10-31_6-10-52.jpeg upload_2019-10-31_6-10-52.jpeg

Happy Halloween everyone...that was close, imagine having to celebrate Brexit on this day every year...would have been much more scary!!

Happy Halloween everyone...that was close, imagine having to celebrate Brexit on this day every year...would have been much more scary!!

When we leave on WTO terms, it will have to be at a time that coincides with an American celebration. 28th November?

In fairness that’s a really restrained jibe.

If I were a remainer I’d be properly rubbing it in. :)

Coloured...hmmm...white is a colour, are you sure they are happy to be referred to in that way.

I think you are in danger of wandering into snowflake virtue-signalling territory.

I think you are in danger of wandering into snowflake virtue-signalling territory.

What would you prefer? That he hides his respect for all of humanity and instead trumpets the 'values' of white supremacists?

Yes...remember, don't eat yellow snow.

and definitely don’t eat brown snow

(can I say that or have I crossed the line?)

Baldbloke banned until we deem fit.

Personal attacks and antiquated racist views will not be tolerated on this forum.

A few other of you need to reel it and also.

Check the very first post on this thread. Any more of this and the thread will be removed.

Last edited:
What would you prefer? That he hides his respect for all of humanity and instead trumpets the 'values' of white supremacists?
I think the culture of "calling out" and the knee-jerk response suggesting that anyone who wishes to open up a debate about the merits and demerits of immigration and/or multiculturalism is "racist" or "a Nazi" is unhelpful in the extreme, and has lead to real problems being ignored and totally off limits for rational discussion. This is far from healthy.

If anyone wants to see where this sort of suppression of discussion will likely lead, I suggest that they pay a visit to a country not far from the UK and talk with the people who feel ignored, marginalised and belittled by a vocal group who have held power for decades and consider their views "more enlightened": Germany.

The rise of AfD is not because Germans are somehow more predisposed to far-right views, it's because immigration and multiculturalism has a range of benefits and dis-benefits that don't apply evenly to all sectors of society nor across all demographics. If you're one of those who really is disadvantaged by it, being told that you're a racist or a Nazi or a white supremacist (or some other form of "verboten life-form") by someone else who is experiencing things differently is unlikely to be a persuasive argument for reconciliation.

All the time open and honest discussion is shouted down with cries of "racist!", "Nazi!" and worse, problems will continue to foment. And there's a rich irony in those who claim to have the most liberal and enlightened views being the ones who are doing the shouting and preventing the dialogue that's so obviously needed.

I think the culture of "calling out" and the knee-jerk response suggesting that anyone who wishes to open up a debate about the merits and demerits of immigration and/or multiculturalism is "racist" or "a Nazi" is unhelpful in the extreme, and has lead to real problems being ignored and totally off limits for rational discussion. This is far from healthy.

If anyone wants to see where this sort of suppression of discussion will likely lead, I suggest that they pay a visit to a country not far from the UK and talk with the people who feel ignored, marginalised and belittled by a vocal group who have held power for decades and consider their views "more enlightened": Germany.

The rise of AfD is not because Germans are somehow more predisposed to far-right views, it's because immigration and multiculturalism has a range of benefits and dis-benefits that don't apply evenly to all sectors of society nor across all demographics. If you're one of those who really is disadvantaged by it, being told that you're a racist or a Nazi or a white supremacist (or some other form of "verboten life-form") by someone else who is experiencing things differently is unlikely to be a persuasive argument for reconciliation.

All the time open and honest discussion is shouted down with cries of "racist!", "Nazi!" and worse, problems will continue to foment. And there's a rich irony in those who claim to have the most liberal and enlightened views being the ones who are doing the shouting and preventing the dialogue that's so obviously needed.

You have quoted my post which was a response to a post that accused someone of 'virtue signalling' when they challenged racism.
Yes, debates that need to be had can be shut down by fear of broaching racism, but castigating someone for challenging racism is not something I'll witness without calling it out.

To the main thrust of your post. Marginalised people will not be best served by shifting their allegiance to parties of the far right. Were it not for Godwin (the stifler) we could make them more aware of where support for those parties leads. Anyone supporting a party with Nazi sympathies deserves to be called a Nazi. There is no sitting on the fence with racism or facism.
Germany, in any case, is unique in that it paid an economic cost for re-unifying East and West Germany. That that has influenced attitudes to further immigration is unique to Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom