Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyway....next year will reveal everything

I doubt that it will.

If things go well, Brexiters will say "we told you so", and remainers will say "yes, but thing would have been much better had we stayed in".

If things go south, Remainers will say "we told you so", and Brexiters will say "yes, but thing would have been much worse had we stayed in".

If the EU collapses.... Brexiters will say "we left in time", and Remainers will say "had we not left, it would not have collapsed".

And so it goes.

I think that the Brexit debate will never be decided. Each side will continue to believe that they were right, and will always find 'proof' to support their views.

I doubt that it will.

If things go well, Brexiters will say "we told you so", and remainers will say "yes, but thing would have been much better had we stayed in".

If things go south, Remainers will say "we told you so", and Brexiters will say "yes, but thing would have been much worse had we stayed in".

If the EU collapses.... Brexiters will say "we left in time", and Remainers will say "had we not left, it would not have collapsed".

And so it goes.

I think that the Brexit debate will never be decided. Each side will continue to believe that they were right, and will always find 'proof' to support their views.
Yep, beyond the basic disentanglement of the UK from the EU, there is no clear success criteria for Brexit. So either side will be able to support their own arguments indefinitely. Similarly the various factions with interest in IndyRef will be able to whinge about it forever irrespective.

Well guys , I enjoyed the conversation , at the end of the day , everyone have their own opinion.
I d like to believe in what you say,
But to compete with what?
No manufacturing left.
Only services and most are here to serve EU customers...
Productivity is very low , You wont convince me that Brits are more productive than Germans or Swedish.
Anyway....next year will reveal everything

I’ve read all your posts on this topic and I have to say you must reading the Guardian and listening to the BBC in isolation. You couldn’t be more incorrect on most of your ‘facts’. Read without blinkers.

Morning.

Shall I go and read the Express then?

Could you name the benefits of Brexit till now , what happened to the currency , purchasing power , economy , and UK place in the world...

I admit this a divisive subject for all of the British people , the leavers ,the remainers the in-betweeners , I just doubt Boris will sort this mess out , only few months to find out[/QUOTE]

Morning.

Shall I go and read the Express then?

Could you name the benefits of Brexit till now , what happened to the currency , purchasing power , economy , and UK place in the world...

I admit this a divisive subject for all of the British people , the leavers ,the remainers the in-betweeners , I just doubt Boris will sort this mess out , only few months to find out
[/QUOTE]

It is not a divisive subject at all.

Some choose to make it seem that way because it suits their agenda and keeps a dead argument alive.

The majority in the UK voted to leave. The vast majority who voted to remain accept that result. It is called democracy.

People who continue to not accept a democratic decision four years after it was made need to wake up. You lost.

What you describe as a mess is very simple now that no further extensions are possible.

What a blow for the all powerful EU. How does Barnier still have his job? He failed. But then again the EU failed in there negotiation tactics from day one when they demanded to talk only about the so called divorce deal (i.e. how much money can we screw out of the UK) and not about a future UK/ EU relationship. Losers.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

It is not a divisive subject at all.

Some choose to make it seem that way because it suits their agenda and keeps a dead argument alive.

The majority in the UK voted to leave. The vast majority who voted to remain accept that result. It is called democracy.

People who continue to not accept a democratic decision four years after it was made need to wake up. You lost.

What you describe as a mess is very simple now that no further extensions are possible.

What a blow for the all powerful EU. How does Barnier still have his job? He failed. But then again the EU failed in there negotiation tactics from day one when they demanded to talk only about the so called divorce deal (i.e. how much money can we screw out of the UK) and not about a future UK/ EU relationship. Losers.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
[/QUOTE]

EU is a superpower , You are not..
Now you are lonely island in Mid Atlantic waiting for US charity.... But Trump wont be there to save you...He wont anyway even if He wins the election... America First innit?

I dont need to make a case , Next year will show that you have been sold a puppy..

Well that's quite a retreat from the supposed 'facts' you were claiming.

So what you really mean is "You'll be sorry" but you can't back it substantially. A sort of damp squib left over from the Project Fear firework display of 2016.

Right now things happening in the economy due to the virus far outstrip the EU issue. So anything you assert might or might not happen economically due to Brexit are going to be eclipsed by the impact of that over the next few years.

And your ephemeral example of queues ? Well there are bigger travel issues that will need to be addressed that tower above your concerns - whether the travel sector will recover, what quarantine / medical rules will be in place, cost of flights , and travel insurance cover and cost.

Now you are lonely island in Mid Atlantic waiting for US charity.... But Trump wont be there to save you...He wont anyway even if He wins the election... America First innit?

Bizarre .....

And since when was the UK in the mid-Atlantic? We're about 1000 miles too far to the right for that description to hold.

Yeah , Boris will sort it out with his Fantasy airports , ports , customs facilities that are mostly just on paper.

The virus is a blessing for Bozo really , It will mask off some of his disastrous no deal consequences.

Anyway , I am still waiting for a comprehensive list of the benefits of Brexit? Anyone?

Yeah , Boris will sort it out with his Fantasy airports , ports , customs facilities that are mostly just on paper.

The virus is a blessing for Bozo really , It will mask off some of his disastrous no deal consequences.

Anyway , I am still waiting for a comprehensive list of the benefits of Brexit? Anyone?

'Cos it p*sses you off and you can do bugger all about it except moan?

Am' man even if you are right, in some parallel universe, come a time you can say "told you so" no one will give a toss what you told us.

Where's the point of any of this?

There is a thing I will do , Is get loads popcorn ready for next year and watch Brexiteers self destruct , Best show ever... And Boris will hide or flee back to USA where He was a citizen

There is a thing I will do , Is get loads popcorn ready for next year and watch Brexiteers self destruct , Best show ever... And Boris will hide or flee back to USA where He was a citizen

Where is it you don't go drinking these days.
I'll make a note to not go there as well.

A conclusion I could draw from this is that you are not from the UK and are in fact based in the EU?
If that is the case, good luck post Brexit.

Our country decided (rightly or wrongly) to leave what is becoming an increasingly federal organisation that has more takers than givers. Your potential triumphalism in the event the UK does not thrive post-Brexit is noted. Not sure what you have to gain from our (potential) failures. But hey whatever floats your boat I guess. Jog on mate, jog on...

A conclusion I could draw from this is that you are not from the UK and are in fact based in the EU?
If that is the case, good luck post Brexit.

Our country decided (rightly or wrongly) to leave what is becoming an increasingly federal organisation that has more takers than givers. Your potential triumphalism in the event the UK does not thrive post-Brexit is noted. Not sure what you have to gain from our (potential) failures. But hey whatever floats your boat I guess. Jog on mate, jog on...

I live in The UK , everyone who opposes your brexsh*t is a traitor , EU citizen living somewhere , collaborator....
, You jog on sunshine

I live in The UK , everyone who opposes your brexsh*t is a traitor , EU citizen living somewhere , collaborator....

Ironically - your language and vocabulary say more about what *you* think of others rather than what they think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom