Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I live in The UK , everyone who opposes your brexsh*t is a traitor , EU citizen living somewhere , collaborator....
, You jog on sunshine
I would not have got that from what you have written. It’s not ‘my’ Brexit.

Suggest you read #16,788 again.

Last edited:
Boris Johnson appoints his Brexit negotiator, David Frost, as the new National Security Adviser.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Boris Johnson appoints his Brexit negotiator, David Frost, as the new National Security Adviser.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's Mario!!!! :ban:

Well, well, well...

Looks like the antics of the political journo's during the Covid-19 briefings and the public's plummeting trust in them has provided the government with an opportunity to act:

Have the lobby journo's managed to cook their own goose in terms of restricted access giving them the opportunity to spin stories?

Well...
My friend who is a US citizen told me last summer that the British immigration didn't stamp his passport upon entry , apparently they dont stamp Americans anymore , Wonder if British passport holders are treated same way when they go to USA.

Sovreignty and Border control at its finest with Bozo and Co
Sorry, I'm very late joining in here. TBH I very rarely check the stamps in my passport but this post made me look at mine, which I renewed four years ago. Stamps for Vietnam, the Maldives and New Zealand - but nothing for the other countries I've visited in that time, including Australia, Hong Kong, Spain and the USA. The relevance of any of that I neither know nor care about.

Sorry, I'm very late joining in here. TBH I very rarely check the stamps in my passport but this post made me look at mine, which I renewed four years ago. Stamps for Vietnam, the Maldives and New Zealand - but nothing for the other countries I've visited in that time, including Australia, Hong Kong, Spain and the USA. The relevance of any of that I neither know nor care about.

I think that some countries have replaced stamps with digital data storage for certain types of travelers from certain countries. The details are provided automatically via the airline booking.

I think that some countries have replaced stamps with digital data storage for certain types of travelers from certain countries. The details are provided automatically via the airline booking.
This is the answer. When I was young and selling the ammo I filled an old style passport with visas and stamps and had to get a new one before it expired. It's a nice reminder of some trips. These days its all electronic. More efficient but tres boring.

This is the answer. When I was young and selling the ammo I filled an old style passport with visas and stamps and had to get a new one before it expired. It's a nice reminder of some trips. These days its all electronic. More efficient but tres boring.

I used to collect stamps of letters sent from overseas.... nowadays it's all done by email... not same thing :D

I'm not sure this is relevant to Covid anymore but the awards our Gov't are giving to some astound me.

I couldn't get my head around a £2 Billion gift to a company that will rent electric scooters for that other world place called London.
The rest of the UK will pay for this and have to accept it is a just allocation of our money.
Does this look any more excessive when written as £2,000,000,000. Possibly not as I can't get my head around that either but it looks much more than a 2 with a B after it.

We have also gifted £1,570,000,000 to profit making organisations called theatres. Not a loan. Again we must accept that this allocation of funds is deserved and will go to the deserving, and not line the pockets of the already well heeled because they have the advantage of being able to bend the ear of those with the power to gift our money.

Now the Universities want their gift. Never mind that they make massive profits in normal times while miss selling products to the young and naive. It really wound me up some years ago at the step sons graduation ceremony at M/cr Uni, and that is an industry in itself. The Chancellor stands to give a speech and ends with "we are building a science block at a cost of £9,000,000 and ask you to contribute toward this cost", one off payments accepted but we prefer direct debit for 3 years.
There is a self important git who is earning money I can only dream of. And after paying his profits for 4 years he wants more off me, unbelievable.

Most of us recognise that our future is going to be heavily loaded with very significant tax rises due to Covid effects., Much of the initiatives are of value for various reasons.

But what is happening now reeks of corruption and feeding the wealthy at the future expense of the taxable public.

We have been anaesthetised to the occasional £1B,
or £100,000 x 10,000
or £1,000,000 x 1,000

Maybe it doesn't seem so much when it is written as £1B being £33 per UK tax payer (not including their dependants and the unemployed).
Without future compounding interest.
Without the thought that it is added to the £1,821 Billion (as of March 2019 and equated to over £60k to each tax payer), and the recent additional debt of Covid.

We haven't used 'em yet, but I'm glad the pubs have reopened so I can contribute toward paying off the debt again, via booze tax that is.

Vent not over.

Now this sounds like it could generate some employment,
an investment by us through the Gov't sort of thing.

Years ago there was similar.
Applying insulation to properties isn't rocket science so I thought I can set up to do this.
Nope selected contractors registered to local authorities only. The selected few 'only' will get a look in.The rest of us might get opportunity to work for those contractors if we are lucky.
The inspection of the install prior to payment isn't difficult so why restricted, there is no valid reason?
These companies self regulate. A tenant in N Wales authorised for this on my properties, w/o my consent, because he enjoyed commission. The bloody properties already had insulation so the materials became available to others.

Still it's only £66 to each tax payer.

Applying insulation to properties isn't rocket science so I thought I can set up to do this.
Nope selected contractors registered to local authorities only. The selected few 'only' will get a look in.The rest of us might get opportunity to work for those contractors if we are lucky.
The inspection of the install prior to payment isn't difficult so why restricted, there is no valid reason?
These companies self regulate. A tenant in N Wales authorised for this on my properties, w/o my consent, because he enjoyed commission. The bloody properties already had insulation so the materials became available to others.

Sustainable Development.

By 1997 70% of UK local authorities had commited to Agenda 21.

Last edited:

We did extensive work to improve the insulation in our flat.

'Saving' does not come into it, though.... the savings in our energy bill will cover the cost somewhere in 2045 or thereabouts.

Still, we did it... because it was the right thing to do. But let's not kid ourselves... it can (in most cases, I suspect) be cheaper to just pay the energy bill than to invest in various clever energy-efficient home improvements (even with a government grant).

I thought there were ongoing compensation claims for people who had cavity wall insulation under previous schemes that are causing damp ?

I know a couple of rouges - they used to drink in my local , but are not my 'pub mates' - who (somehow) got in on the insulating of cavity walls on council houses by blowing in millions of tiny polystyrene balls through holes drilled in the walls from outside. A questionable method in my opinion.

The holes were drilled and patched (very badly) but the main problem was getting the cavity filled quick enough on enough houses to make it pay (well enough for this pair) . As I remember it they went to the depot to re stock on polystyrene as required and these amounts were measured out and calculated per house they had done along with a 'drive by' site inspection where all the inspector did was note that the holes had been patched and there were a few 'rouge' poly balls blowing around the garden !

Long story short many very large bags of polystyrene balls were either burned or fly tipped by these morons over the next few months . All the holes were drilled and a 'token' amount of poly blown it . Box ticked...on to the next house.

Ironically most of the houses they 'did' are now privately owned and they probably did the new owners a favour , stopping damp tracking over.

PS One of the reasons I remember this so well is that the council had spent a fortune repairing render and painting all of these houses.....just a few short months BEFORE drilling them full of holes :doh:

Reactions: m80
PS One of the reasons I remember this so well is that the council had spent a fortune repairing render and painting all of these houses.....just a few short months BEFORE drilling them full of holes

So the mortar joint to drill through couldn't be seen.

Listening to Rishi Sunak taking a leaf out of Labour's book (again).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom