Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Listening to Rishi Sunak taking a leaf out of Labour's book (again).

George Osborne will have his head in his hands after all those years of penny pinching austerity:)
Rishi Sunak is certainly dishing out the money left right and centre.
But giveaway budgets have gone for the forseeable future. Someone has to pay for this borrowing and I expect the motorist will bear some of it.

Giving money in times of economic distress to able-bodied people who do not do any work, is a sensible move to prevent social unrest. But it also creates economic stagnation because nothing is being produced by those who do not work.

Giving money in times of an economic downturn to employers who employ people is a sensible move because it invigorates the economy. But it is also an unpopular move because workers don't trust the employers.

Huawei or the Highway?
_106623221_hi053454493.jpg

US issues fresh warning to UK over Huawei
Huawei tech would put UK-US intelligence ties at risk, official says
Vodafone admits finding hidden backdoors in Huawei equipment
Its taken more than a year, a crackdown on Hong Kong civil liberties and a global pandemic but eventually

Eurosceptic MEP Gunnar Beck celebrates Brexit as a move that has saved Britain £72 billion pounds on the European Union's coronavirus recovery fund. :banana:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Remember all those cries of the lies on the side of the Brexit red bus? £350 million a week for the NHS.

Well all NHS hospital debts are now written off. Cost £13.4 billion. Paid for by savings like the above, due to the UK leaving the EU.

Last edited:
Eurosceptic MEP Gunnar Beck celebrates Brexit as a move that has saved Britain £72 billion pounds on the European Union's coronavirus recovery fund. :banana:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Remember all those cries of the lies on the side of the Brexit red bus? £350 million a week for the NHS.

Well all NHS hospital debts are now written off. Cost £13.4 billion. Paid for by savings like the above, due to the UK leaving the EU.

We may well recognise an advantage in offering aid to the eu as trading associates to reduce the knock of their deterioration on us.

Maybe the eu is going toward splat, but a more gentle splat is better for us, imho.

We may well recognise an advantage in offering aid to the eu as trading associates to reduce the knock of their deterioration on us.

Maybe the eu is going toward splat, but a more gentle splat is better for us, imho.
Completely agree with you. It would be good to help our friends in Europe if we are able to but on our own terms, and preferably not through the EU.

Completely agree with you. It would be good to help our friends in Europe if we are able to but on our own terms, and preferably not through the EU.

We're on the same page,
but the eu is the obvious organisation to offer any help through.

That of course is secondary to our own immediate needs. This thing is far from over, in my view, so really we've to reach whatever the new normal will be first.

Being sure that any aid isn't corrupted, toward the German car industry or French fishing (only examples) is another matter. But our own corruption might be a barrier to that.

So far the UK thought that it's in the UK's best interest to stay out of the EU. Far enough.

But is it really in our best interest to undermine the EU? Will the UK (and the West) really be better with a disparate Europe, similar to how things were in the run-up to WW2?

I am sure that both Russia and China will be delighted to see the EU crumble and disintegrate, as will Trump's administration. But is it really a good thing? I wonder.

The alternative policy of course will be for the UK to help the EU to the extent it can on the premise that it is always good to have a strong ally next door.

So far the UK thought that it's in the UK's best interest to stay out of the EU. Far enough.

But is it really in our best interest to undermine the EU? Will the UK (and the West) really be better with a disparate Europe, similar to how things were in the run-up to WW2?

I am sure that both Russia and China will be delighted to see the EU crumble and disintegrate, as will Trump's administration. But is it really a good thing? I wonder.

The alternative policy of course will be for the UK to help the EU to the extent it can on the premise that it is always good to have a strong ally next door.

Undermine the EU ... or the UK?

The EU is determined to ensure the UK cannot succeed as a sovereign entity. Brexit threatens the economic stability of the EU. Germany benefits tremendously from a weak euro, so the obvious solution is a 2-tier euro. On the one hand, not the best outcome for the German economy; on the other hand, it survives.

The NWO will ensure the EU does not collapse, but it will be a bit like the Black Knight from MP and The Holy Grail, if you pardon the pun.

Undermine the EU ... or the UK?

The EU is determined to ensure the UK cannot succeed as a sovereign entity. Brexit threatens the economic stability of the EU. Germany benefits tremendously from a weak euro, so the obvious solution is a 2-tier euro. On the one hand, not the best outcome for the German economy; on the other hand, it survives.

The NWO will ensure the EU does not collapse, but it will be a bit like the Black Knight from MP and The Holy Grail, if you pardon the pun.
To my mind, the question isn't what the EU thinks of the UK... instead, the question is whether the UK's position in the world (NWO or not) will actually benefit from a weak or non-existent EU?

To my mind, the question isn't what the EU thinks of the UK... instead, the question is whether the UK's position in the world (NWO or not) will actually benefit from a weak or non-existent EU?

The issue now for the EU is the euro. It cannot continue as the currency for both the Med Countries and the frugal north, let alone Germany, for whom the euro was the "get rich quick" scheme (France's pay-off being the CAP, of course).

The EU has a trade surplus of around 80 billion euros with the UK. The UK has a trade surplus of over 50 billion euros with non-EU countries. Apart from Soros propping up the euro, how do you think world financial markets are going to respond in the event of no deal?

The euro is artificially inflated. It will fall badly at some stage.

The issue now for the EU is the euro. It cannot continue as the currency for both the Med Countries and the frugal north, let alone Germany, for whom the euro was the "get rich quick" scheme (France's pay-off being the CAP, of course).

The EU has a trade surplus of around 80 billion euros with the UK. The UK has a trade surplus of over 50 billion euros with non-EU countries. Apart from Soros propping up the euro, how do you think world financial markets are going to respond in the event of no deal?

The euro is artificially inflated. It will fall badly at some stage.
Tommorow the Eurozone Quarter 2 GDP figures are going to be released. They will be historically bad ( -14.5% is predicted).

Last edited:
Oi, You lot, I havent seen anything on here in a Political Sense that has wound me up for EFFING AGES, please get a grip (Something scandalous about Dabbot would do) 😏 ;):rolleyes:

Oi, You lot, I havent seen anything on here in a Political Sense that has wound me up for EFFING AGES, please get a grip (Something scandalous about Dabbot would do) 😏 ;):rolleyes:
I’m guessing then that you missed the announcement on BBC this evening. Ms Abbott and Ms Sturgeon have jointly come out and ‘formed an alliance’.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom