Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I rather fancy Ursula vdL. She might charm BJ to drop his Calvins. Then what?

I rather fancy Ursula vdL. She might charm BJ to drop his Calvins. Then what?
🤣 🤣 🤣
A lot of sick bags filled up?
It wouldn't be the 1st time the dirty rascal has played the field. Probably due soon going by his previous.

All gone ominously quiet on the Brexit front. How long before the globalist Boris Johnson makes the worst deal in history with the EU under the cover of Covid?

Has to be done this month so it can be ratified by EU member states.

Long live Europe! Long live Big Brother!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: AW8
Why would a 'bad' trade deal subjugate us to the EU? It's only money. We're out, and so a bad trade deal simply means that we will be a somewhat less well-off than we otherwise would have been.

And, at any rate, if we don't like the trade deal we signed, we can always just tear it up 'Trump-style', after-all Boris Johnson has already signalled that he has no qualm to do this sort of thing.

I voted to leave & also voted for Boris despite having significant concerns & reservations. Boris should not underestimate the back bench, the opposition, fragmented national views, (or the toll of his life to date & pressures in his role).

My current political views are very mixed. I have my own strong views but am also open to considering and being swayed by well reasoned sensible views of others.

I don't like spongers, greed, planet neglect, muted pubic speech, bad maths, self-entitlement, hostile protest, tax abuse, benefit cheating, racism, supremacy, lies, weak law & order, hypocrisy, chaos or corruption...... In principal I am pro proportional representation.

I genuinely have no idea how I will vote in the future !:wallbash:

Last edited:
Why would a 'bad' trade deal subjugate us to the EU? It's only money. We're out, and so a bad trade deal simply means that we will be a somewhat less well-off than we otherwise would have been.

I think the problem is that the EU assumes that with the UK it needs (and is entitled to?) something rather more complicated than a straightforward 'trade deal' and that it is looking to impose conditions and leverage concessions and where possible maintain jurisdiction.

I think BREXIT will be what it will be and hopefully our import will not prove too expensive

I think BREXIT will be what it will be and hopefully our import will not prove too expensive

Well certain categories of imports will need to have a Tariff levied on them to protect local manufacturing (where applicable), which is something we were unable to do while in the EU. The effect that the increase in consumer prices will have on the economy will be more than compensated-for by the protection of local jobs. But it may require a Left wing government to successfully implement a protectionist economy.

A left wing G'ment is the last thing the economy needs. They've recently demonstrated the inability why they should govern and why they should not be in power.

I think some people actually want Tony Blair back as PM. :D

(left wing government being code for pro EU government.)

All gone ominously quiet on the Brexit front. How long before the globalist Boris Johnson makes the worst deal in history with the EU under the cover of Covid?

Has to be done this month so it can be ratified by EU member states.

Long live Europe! Long live Big Brother!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was under the impression that the only people who listened to the Council was the translators 🤣

That would be awesome ...... for the Tories. Blair is so tarnished I'm surprised the media wheel him out at times. Although each time they do it probably reinforces peoples thoughts to think the other way to him. He's the gift that keeps on giving.

A left wing G'ment is the last thing the economy needs. They've recently demonstrated the inability why they should govern and why they should not be in power.

I'm not so sure that what the UK need is - or isn't - 'left wing' or 'right wing'.

It needs some sort of competence and trust.

We seem to have a mix of politicians across all parties with less intellect, objectivity, and practical experience while at the same time they carry more in the way of entanglements and odd personalities.

Well that perhaps says a lot about current offerings than Mr. Blair.

Wow.

It's that long since I saw a post by @glojo that I had forgotten the perfection of match between the avatar and the content of the posts.

Glad to see you back in these parts!

I said 'Left wing government'. I did not say 'Labour'.

Looking at Tony Blair's track record, he did many things that a Tory government would have done (including the decision to join the US in the second Gulf War).

And looking at Rishi Sunak during the current COVID-19 crisis, you could easily mistake him for a Corbynite.

A protectionist economy is indeed a typical (if not classic) Left-wing policy. But it does not mean that only the Labour party can implement it.

The issue is that if there's no trade deal, and the EU puts-up import Tariffs their end, then we would not be able to protect our economy without reciprocating. If we did not put-up Tariffs, then British firms will be better-off manufacturing goods the EU and then bringing them over to Britain (as well as selling them locally), than the other way around.

In this scenario, an import Tariff in the UK is a must to protect local jobs. The price increase for imported goods from the EU will be another factor that drives local production (where possible).

But inevitably this is leading us to a Left-wing economy of high imports Tariffs and protection of local jobs, as opposed to the typical free-market economy of the political Right.

My point was that it will take a Left-wing government to implement the protectionist economy that will inevitably have to be developed in the UK in the event of a no-deal.

It needs some sort of competence and trust.

We seem to have a mix of politicians across all parties with less intellect, objectivity, and practical experience while at the same time they carry more in the way of entanglements and odd personalities.
We do seem to have wandered into a strange situation with our politicians whereby an Oxford PPE degree, a legal background, or no qualifications + zero real work experience seem to be the primary attributes of most of them.

We do seem to have wandered into a strange situation with our politicians whereby an Oxford PPE degree, a legal background, or no qualifications + zero real work experience seem to be the primary attributes of most of them.
Exactly, and we wonder why they are clueless about the lives of the common man. The two best preconditions fire being an MP should be nobody under the age of 40 (so you have to go earn a living first) and nobody who was educated at Eton.

Didn't realise Labour were right wing ...

Anyway.

This must be the level playing field the EU are on about? Good for one nation but not another?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom