Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So there is a delay ...

I wonder just what the EU are scared of losing ?

An option of no deal which is better than the May capitulation deal whereby we rejoin the EU via stealth but with reduced benefits.

Theresa May couldn't get her WA through Parliament.

Had she stayed on power, we would have had a no-deal by default... one year ago.

So we booted her out, and got Boris in, to give us the same, except now we're winning, while before we would have been losing?

Theresa May couldn't get her WA through Parliament.

Had she stayed on power, we would have had a no-deal by default... one year ago.

So we booted her out, and got Boris in, to give us the same, except now we're winning, while before we would have been losing?
May's WA was so toxic she could not have stayed on.

I have never believed that we could find a deal that both parties would be truly happy with.

May's WA was so toxic she could not have stayed on.

I have never believed that we could find a deal that both parties would be truly happy with.

Fair enough, so what was the point of dragging it on for another year with Boris?

Fair enough, so what was the point of dragging it on for another year with Boris?
Unsure of the point of the question Mark?

Whilst my view is that an acceptable deal would not be possible the Government had a duty to try to negotiate one.

Borrowed from another site:-

“The UK economy is bigger than the smallest 11 EU economies combined”, says the editor of German newspaper Bild, “in effect the EU is shrinking from 27 members to 16” by the UK leaving.
That’s a good perspective that many media types in the UK need to start appreciating.
Germany exports £73bn a year to the UK - they really can not afford for there to be tariffs imposed by us on their goods.

We will most probably leave without a deal, as there’s simply no time left to get it signed off, but we will have a deal in place before long as that economic reality about their biggest single economy (by some margin after we’re out of the picture) suffers and the reality hits the Francophile part of the EU.”

I’m not the author of this, but I think it provides some interesting food for thought?

Borrowed from another site:-

“The UK economy is bigger than the smallest 11 EU economies combined”, says the editor of German newspaper Bild, “in effect the EU is shrinking from 27 members to 16” by the UK leaving.
That’s a good perspective that many media types in the UK need to start appreciating.
Germany exports £73bn a year to the UK - they really can not afford for there to be tariffs imposed by us on their goods.

We will most probably leave without a deal, as there’s simply no time left to get it signed off, but we will have a deal in place before long as that economic reality about their biggest single economy (by some margin after we’re out of the picture) suffers and the reality hits the Francophile part of the EU.”

I’m not the author of this, but I think it provides some interesting food for thought?
He also said that UK is 20% of the German car market. Their largest customer in the world.

It also appears that Germany have started putting pressure on France to stop attempting to punish the UK with unreasonable demands in the trade negotiations.

He also said that UK is 20% of the German car market. Their largest customer in the world.

It also appears that Germany have started putting pressure on France to stop attempting to punish the UK with unreasonable demands in the trade negotiations.
Precisely! Is this perhaps why Mrs Von Der Leyen has taken charge?

Sounds like the people who told you in 2016 that they can get a new trade deal and it would be easy are full of it and the people who told you that it won't were right.

If the UK rejoins, I hope they force a switch to LHD cars. I have a bunch of rust free classics that I'd love to bring back with me if I decide to move back.

George Orwell’s “All animals are equal but some are more equal than others” will alway come to the fore eventually

Sounds like the people who told you in 2016 that they can get a new trade deal and it would be easy are full of it and the people who told you that it won't were right.

If the UK rejoins, I hope they force a switch to LHD cars. I have a bunch of rust free classics that I'd love to bring back with me if I decide to move back.
Along with the remain side who forecast financial disaster from day one. None of which happened.

The Bank of England also predicted disasters in the years to follow.. The economy actually improved.

All of this shows how futile projections are.

No one with a modicum of intellect would wish to predict any outcome without time and data to base an opinion on.

The UK voted (regardless of the margin) to leave the EU and I strongly support that because the EU has morphed into an organisation with the avowed aim of creating a single European state within which the member states are subordinate in terns of financial policy etc.

If, by some miracle the EU rejected all of its stated aims of full integration and went back to being the trading organisation many voted for then I would happily rejoin.

Along with the remain side who forecast financial disaster from day one. None of which happened.

The Bank of England also predicted disasters in the years to follow.. The economy actually improved.

As of now, the UK is still trading freely with Europe and the world is dealing with a bigger financial disaster than the one predicted so there's certainly something that remains to be seen. It is what it is I agree. But has the man that promised you a new deal that would be better delivered? Well, he's trying to spin his failure to get a new, better deal into an Australian deal and all I'm wondering is why he's not been run out of town.

I would imagine the French car exports to the UK must be somewhere near with Citroen, Renault, Peugeot and of course Bugatti

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom