Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
absolutely, completely and utterly different

one was deliberate act of threatening to sabotage NI food supplies

the other a demand to help itself to other people's vaccines; and also, now, interfering with others' supply arrangement, with vaccines export bans, stopping the supply of other people's pre ordered vaccines from another producer

the high handedness, arrogance and duplicity is quite breathtaking in its scale
If the EU are unhappy with the supply why don't they cancel their order! ;)

The world is watching, the EU may find future contracts hard to come by.

Reactions: m80
While the contract does, indeed, contain "binding orders" as stated by von der Leyen, in the EU's briefings she's missed out the critical bit that it is "binding orders to use best effort" - which has a very specific meaning and legal opinion is that its hard to see how the EU could make out a case against AZ on that basis.
Van der Leyen employing Trump tactics .. make it sound much better for you by ignoring other inconvenient facts

So AZ has been approved, for under 60's.
A bit of a scale down as now it says that there isn't enough evidence to deicide how it affects them, less negative than previous statements.

Member states now decide if to allow export of the vaccine, that's clever, or sly, as the eu don't have to make the call and get the blame.
It isn't difficult to understand how other states will follow Hungary's lead and prioritise their own populations following the eu's failure to do so.

As already said,
AZ fail to deliver as expected by the eu, and they have an issue to work out.

If AZ redirect supplies to the eu rather than for the UK then we have an issue to work out with AZ. Assuming the stuff can cross the border with the essential bureaucracy that is now required.

For me though the true nature of the eu politics has shown itself, again.

It gets better...

The EU escalated its dispute with AstraZeneca by publishing this morning its vaccine purchase contract with the company online, redacted, of course.

Except in the original version published (now pulled) the document included a series of pdf ‘bookmarks’ which revealed the opening lines of almost every paragraph in the document – even the redacted material such as the ‘confidential’ price the EU paid for its 300 million doses, price caps, termination periods and late payment information. Oops.

So the EU have now freely distributed sensitive commercial information online.
Vaccine prices to the EU have been in the public domain for months.

The EU has invoked Article 16 of the Northern Ireland Protocol which allows parts of the deal to be unilaterally overridden.

This will be messy.

evidently its a subcontract job-- NOVASEP

This will be messy.
I was absolutely certain that the EU would happily throw Ireland under the bus as soon as they ceased to be a useful stick with which to beat the UK government, but even I didn’t anticipate it would happen after less than 30 days...

Just to add: I wonder how Simon Coveney's evening is going?

Where does all this leave people that have had a first Pfizer jab if export of the second vaccine to the UK is blocked? Is the AZ vaccine compatible? Maybe it`s time for the UK to ban large "divorce" payments to the EU .

Agreed, though only as an observation - and, I would also point-out that once we have left the EU, it is no longer for us to have a say on how they manage their leadership arrangements. As a nation, we deal with all sorts, from Iran to the Taliban.
We most certainly have a say when the actions of another country, organisation, etc has a direct impact on us.

Where does all this leave people that have had a first Pfizer jab if export of the second vaccine to the UK is blocked? Is the AZ vaccine compatible? Maybe it`s time for the UK to ban large "divorce" payments to the EU .
NHS should conserve or use Pfizer doses for 2nd doses for those given 1st Pfizer jab

Just to add: I wonder how Simon Coveney's evening is going?
he was an unimportant politician of Ireland who had his brief moments in the sun when the EU was hiding behind Ireland in their "good faith" negotiations of the Brexit FTA. He was Barnier's puppet.

NHS should conserve or use Pfizer doses for 2nd doses for those given 1st Pfizer jab
But is the 2nd dose the same as the first dose or is it a different composition ? If it is the same why not give a larger dose as a one off jab? Anyone know why it is in two stages?

But is the 2nd dose the same as the first dose or is it a different composition ? If it is the same why not give a larger dose as a one off jab? Anyone know why it is in two stages?

It would be the same... otherwise it would have made no sense taking the reserved 2nd shots and giving them to people as their 1st shot, which is what the NHS is currently doing.

It would be the same... otherwise it would have made no sense taking the reserved 2nd shots and giving them to people as their 1st shot, which is what the NHS is currently doing.
In which case I must bow to your superior knowledge . But as the vaccine was formulated before the Government decided to maximize the number of people getting a jab ( which I understand ) , why is it necessary to have two jabs of the same product , rather than one larger volume jab? There must be a clinical reason surely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom