Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So on the day that the SPCB decides that Salmond's submission to the inquiry will be published despite the SNP's objections, thus opening the way for Salmond to refer to it if & when he gives evidence and to air his assertion that Sturgeon mislead parliament, it's announced that she's instructed that the Union Jack should now only be flown from Scottish government buildings on Remembrance Sunday, and for the remaining 364 days of the year it is to be replaced by the EU flag.

Judging by the story that has been reported in the media (guess which one?) it looks like the diversion tactic has worked.

She really does have a non-stick coating.

So on the day that the SPCB decides that Salmond's submission to the inquiry will be published despite the SNP's objections, thus opening the way for Salmond to refer to it if & when he gives evidence and to air his assertion that Sturgeon mislead parliament, it's announced that she's instructed that the Union Jack should now only be flown from Scottish government buildings on Remembrance Sunday, and for the remaining 364 days of the year it is to be replaced by the EU flag.

Judging by the story that has been reported in the media (guess which one?) it looks like the diversion tactic has worked.

Perhaps it will be flown at half-mast?

Desperate times for Sturgeon need desperate diversions.

Unsurprising as she has no real loyalty to the people of Scotland and none to the UK, just her self-aggrandisement and pathetically blind adoration of anything EU-related even if it was to the detriment of "her" country as a whole.

If the Scottish population vote positively for independence at some point then I wish them well, although I strongly believe that it will make them overall weaker but many seem to accept that premise just to be "free of the (supposed) oppressors". A dangerously thin piece of jingoistic nonsense on which to base a future!

My advice to the nationalists is to think very carefully about the direction in which a very small number of the SNP are directing them (I would not call her style leadership) and how these people will represent Scotland on the world stage.

it's announced that she's instructed that the Union Jack should now only be flown from Scottish government buildings on Remembrance Sunday, and for the remaining 364 days of the year it is to be replaced by the EU flag.

So no Onion Jack but the Saltire remains alongside the eu flag.

If it were the Saltire alone I believe there would be sympathy and even approval from a fair number. Nowt wrong with national pride.
Although removal of the Jack is more serious than petty as it demonstrates the hatred of Westminster influence, and so England in general. Bigotry I call it.

To choose the eu flag over the Onion Jack is going to result in a negative effect for her in my view. It will be seen for what it is, pathetic, narrow minded, and an unwillingness (and feasibly acceptance of an inability) to improve the lot of Scotland by diplomatic means, as if they haven't been given much already.

... vote positively for independence at some point then I wish them well, although I strongly believe that it will make them overall weaker but many seem to accept that premise just to be "free of the (supposed) oppressors". A dangerously thin piece of jingoistic nonsense on which to base a future!

Hmm. Reminds me of some other vote in recent times... 🤔

So no Onion Jack but the Saltire remains alongside the eu flag.

If it were the Saltire alone I believe there would be sympathy and even approval from a fair number. Nowt wrong with national pride.
Although removal of the Jack is more serious than petty as it demonstrates the hatred of Westminster influence, and so England in general. Bigotry I call it.

To choose the eu flag over the Onion Jack is going to result in a negative effect for her in my view. It will be seen for what it is, pathetic, narrow minded, and an unwillingness (and feasibly acceptance of an inability) to improve the lot of Scotland by diplomatic means, as if they haven't been given much already.
I don’t have a problem with the Saltire being flown by Scottish people wherever they fly it. As you say nowt wrong with national pride. I don’t have a big problem with the absence of the Union Flag 🇬🇧 from Holyrood House, though right now it is relevant as Scotland is still part of the UK. I do however, have a problem with the presence of the EU flag at Holyrood as the UK (and therefore Scotland) are no longer in the EU.

Hmm. Reminds me of some other vote in recent times... 🤔
If you are referring to the EU referendum then I see no parallels?

That vote went (democratically) against the views of all of the main political party leaders at the time and has shown that the dire forecasts of remoaners have proven to be utterly false.

That vote went (democratically) against the views of all of the main political party leaders at the time and has shown that the dire forecasts of remoaners have proven to be utterly false.
I was being a little flippant, it was the words:

‘"free of the (supposed) oppressors". A dangerously thin piece of jingoistic nonsense on which to base a future!’

that got me making the cheeky comment. But you are right of course; the difference was that the vote went the opposite way to what the government hoped.

Maybe Lizzy II should send her a single red rose. That one called the Union Rose.

I was being a little flippant, it was the words:

‘"free of the (supposed) oppressors". A dangerously thin piece of jingoistic nonsense on which to base a future!’

that got me making the cheeky comment. But you are right of course; the difference was that the vote went the opposite way to what the government hoped.
My error in interpreting your post.:)

I feel another Ground hog Day, or several, approaching

announced that she's instructed that the Union Jack should now only be flown from Scottish government buildings on Remembrance Sunday, and for the remaining 364 days of the year it is to be replaced by the EU flag.
I hope someone takes her to Court for this utter nonsense.

This is blatantly a political act, and Scottish Government buildings are not SNP buildings.

I feel another Ground hog Day, or several, approaching
Certain it will be in Scotland if they have another vote and lose that one!

Rees-Mogg asked in parliament if the Scottish Nationalists were confused about the "once in a generation" term and pondered on if they thought it may refer to Fruit flies? :D

This blatantly a political act, and Scottish Government buildings are not SNP buildings.
Correct.

But you're forgetting that Sturgeon is the Undisputed Dear Leader of her personal fiefdom - well, in her own mind anyway ;)

Time to remove the devolved power

The Scottish Parliament has done nothing for the people of Scotland or the country since it’s creation.

It has simply become the SNP’s Trojan Horse to manipulate their separatist agenda on the masses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom