Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Time to remove the devolved power

The Scottish Parliament has done nothing for the people of Scotland or the country since it’s creation.

It has simply become the SNP’s Trojan Horse to manipulate their separatist agenda on the masses.
Re the flag issue.

Perhaps it is a cynical move by the Wee Krankie calculated to stir up a protest at Westminster leading to her "being forced" to fly the Union Flag once more and thereby adding to her "argument" of Westminster repression.

Re the flag issue.

Perhaps it is a cynical move by the Wee Krankie calculated to stir up a protest at Westminster leading to her "being forced" to fly the Union Flag once more and thereby adding to her "argument" of Westminster repression.
Yep, reckon you be right.

Time to remove the devolved power

The Scottish Parliament has done nothing for the people of Scotland or the country since it’s creation.

It has simply become the SNP’s Trojan Horse to manipulate their separatist agenda on the masses.
One has to remember that devolution in its current form was the brainchild(!) of Blair & Broon who naively thought it would be a way to keep Labour as the dominant force in Scottish politics. Instead, it allowed the SNP to wipe out Labour in Scotland while providing them a vehicle to extend their political control into government institutions and a platform for their divisive agenda. In the ultimate irony, it has also made it highly unlikely that Labour will ever again govern from Westminster.

The Lassie just needs a holiday,
Fotherighay is nice this time of century.
:D

Standing next to her with an axe might prove to be a bit of a struggle on a windy day like today - but worth it.
Fotheringhay-6762.jpg

Reactions: m80
One has to remember that devolution in its current form was the brainchild(!) of Blair & Broon who naively thought it would be a way to keep Labour as the dominant force in Scottish politics. Instead, it allowed the SNP to wipe out Labour in Scotland while providing them a vehicle to extend their political control into government institutions and a platform for their divisive agenda. In the ultimate irony, it has also made it highly unlikely that Labour will ever again govern from Westminster.
So devolution works well for the Tories.
It could be argued that a long term strategy would be to let the SNP continually undermine their own standing,
occasional sexual indiscretions,
financial failings,
***** with flags so as to only keep extremist's on side,
and occasionally allow for an Indy Ref.

The SNP can create the arguments against them being good for Scotland, shooting their own feet sort of thing, thereby ensuring an independence will not be voted for.

Even in England Labour fail to show themselves to be viable.

We continue as a one party state with the Tories undermining any up and coming wannabe entity.

So devolution works well for the Tories.
It could be argued that a long term strategy would be to let the SNP continually undermine their own standing,
occasional sexual indiscretions,
financial failings,
***** with flags so as to only keep extremist's on side,
and occasionally allow for an Indy Ref.

The SNP can create the arguments against them being good for Scotland, shooting their own feet sort of thing, thereby ensuring an independence will not be voted for.

Even in England Labour fail to show themselves to be viable.

We continue as a one party state with the Tories undermining any up and coming wannabe entity.
I don’t think Labour or the Lib Dems need any help from the Tories. They seem perfectly capable of scuppering their respective canoes all by themselves.

I don’t think Labour or the Lib Dems need any help from the Tories. They seem perfectly capable of scuppering their respective canoes all by themselves.

Regardless of their competence, Labour will always get airtime just for being the opposition but I thought Jo Swinson and the Liberals voting to ignore the will of the people and reverse Brexit was political suicide. They couldn't have come up with a more cast iron guaranteed way to scupper their canoe and send themselves into long term obscurity. Has anyone heard of them since, I don't even know who their leader is.

Regardless of their competence, Labour will always get airtime just for being the opposition but I thought Jo Swinson and the Liberals voting to ignore the will of the people and reverse Brexit was political suicide. They couldn't have come up with a more cast iron guaranteed way to scupper their canoe and send themselves into long term obscurity. Has anyone heard of them since, I don't even know who their leader is.
I’ve no idea who the Lib Dem leader is either and wonder if they know themselves.

Gotta love Kier Starmer at the moment. He simply has a guess at what Boris is about to do and then tells the country what Boris should do.

Gotta love Kier Starmer at the moment. He simply has a guess at what Boris is about to do and then tells the country what Boris should do.
Kier ‘flip-flop’ Starmer... I thought/hoped he would bring some real leadership to Labour, alas not the case. Only slightly less feeble than Comrade Corbyn.

What cars do SNP voters drive? Presumably not Mercs as there does not appear to be any support for that party on this thread .
Are there two countries called Scotland in the UK? The one I visited a few years ago was not only a beautiful country , the natives were , by and large very friendly ( as long as you didn`t try to pinch their glass of Scotch ) . Scottish members on this forum gave me much helpful advice when I owned my 450 SL . I have worked with and for Scots and found the vast majority of them to be warm, courteous , often self -deprecating and great company . At least I think they were because I couldn`t understand a bloody word they were saying half the time!
I have always regarded the Scots, Welsh and Irish as being patriotic towards their mother countries , but find it rather grating that being proud to be English seems frequently interpreted as being a racist. I prefer to see Scotland remain in the U.K. but if push comes to shove and they go their own way , so be it. Ironically , having asked a few of the Scots that I still have contact with about independence , their patriotism does not direct them towards the SNP in the slightest.

''Stopping Cheltenham would have been both costly and deeply unpopular among all racegoers, including senior Tory party ministers and donors, as well as its rural grassroots. No sport had more powerful political patrons. One of the seven Jockey Club directors was Dido Harding, a close friend of David Cameron, soon to be made director of the government’s £12bn Covid-19 test-and-trace programme,''

''Richard Horton, editor-in-chief of the Lancet medical journal, argues that these committees were neither independent enough, nor experienced enough in public health. “Our advisers appeared to be utterly ignorant,” he says now. “They did not look at the evidence, or they did not believe it. It was a case of British exceptionalism – that China didn’t know how to handle a pandemic like this, but we did. What planet were they on? There was no risk assessment done for Cheltenham. The only advice from Boris Johnson was a generic statement about the need for ‘business as usual’.”''

''NHS data analysts Edge Health have calculated the impact of the Cheltenham festival, along with the two big football matches played in Manchester and Liverpool that same week, and found that together they caused over 100 deaths, 500 hospitalisations and 17,000 infections.''

''By the time the UK went into lockdown on 23 March, there had been 12,648 confirmed UK cases and more than 1,000 deaths; the virus was out of control. Nearly a year later, we remain the country with the highest number of Covid cases and deaths in Europe, and the fifth worst-affected country in the world. “Allowing Cheltenham, and the Liverpool football match with Madrid that week, to go ahead is an indication of the thinking that was leading us into a disastrous situation,” Sir David King says. “I believe they did not appreciate the severity of the disease. I don’t believe anyone who did understand its severity would have allowed them to go ahead.”''

''Stopping Cheltenham would have been both costly and deeply unpopular among all racegoers, including senior Tory party ministers and donors, as well as its rural grassroots. No sport had more powerful political patrons. One of the seven Jockey Club directors was Dido Harding, a close friend of David Cameron, soon to be made director of the government’s £12bn Covid-19 test-and-trace programme,''

''Richard Horton, editor-in-chief of the Lancet medical journal, argues that these committees were neither independent enough, nor experienced enough in public health. “Our advisers appeared to be utterly ignorant,” he says now. “They did not look at the evidence, or they did not believe it. It was a case of British exceptionalism – that China didn’t know how to handle a pandemic like this, but we did. What planet were they on? There was no risk assessment done for Cheltenham. The only advice from Boris Johnson was a generic statement about the need for ‘business as usual’.”''

''NHS data analysts Edge Health have calculated the impact of the Cheltenham festival, along with the two big football matches played in Manchester and Liverpool that same week, and found that together they caused over 100 deaths, 500 hospitalisations and 17,000 infections.''

''By the time the UK went into lockdown on 23 March, there had been 12,648 confirmed UK cases and more than 1,000 deaths; the virus was out of control. Nearly a year later, we remain the country with the highest number of Covid cases and deaths in Europe, and the fifth worst-affected country in the world. “Allowing Cheltenham, and the Liverpool football match with Madrid that week, to go ahead is an indication of the thinking that was leading us into a disastrous situation,” Sir David King says. “I believe they did not appreciate the severity of the disease. I don’t believe anyone who did understand its severity would have allowed them to go ahead.”''
Historical hindsight is clever isn’t it? We also need to remind ourselves of Harold’s decision to rush his exhausted troops from winning the Battle of Stamford Bridge against Norwegian invaders, to meet William the Conqueror at Hastings in 1066. He should have rested them in a less hasty rush south and allowed time to gather reinforcements. What a fool.

This isn't going away for Nicola Sturgeon. As much as I dislike Alex Salmond, I hope his account of what went on between him and Sturgeon is correct.

Love the way the BBC frame the Sturgeon V Salmond allegations as a conspiracy. No surprise that the BBC side with the globalist pro EU Sturgeon. Freedom! Is whatever the unelected EU commission say eh Nicola. My A**e.

Last edited:
Love the way the BBC frame the Sturgeon V Salmond allegations as a conspiracy. No surprise that the BBC side with the globalist pro EU Sturgeon. Freedom! My A**e

The term conspiracy has been applied by other media sources over the last few weeks.

Alexi Salmonedski [ he of R T or Putin-vision as it is affectionately known in Russia] despite legal judgements in his favour, is inevitably adopting the mantle of a man desperately trying to rewrite history---- this unfortunately puts him in the same camp as a recent president of the USA who was also found not guilty recently. Despite protestations of a desire to clear his name and reveal conspiracies, such actions often end up smacking of a vindictive nature more than anything else.:( He might do well to heed the words of Scotland's national poet "O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

this unfortunately puts him in the same camp as a recent president of the USA who was also found not guilty recently.
not at all the same, not even remotely similar

Salmond was found not guilty by an independent tribunal, a centuries old established Court of Law; Trump was judged by a highly political bunch voting mostly along partisan lines - not a real Court at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom