Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Independents will soon be forgotten IMO considering who it consists of. I know most, maybe all were due for deselection? By the by and forgetting brexit for a a moment, they literally are, same 5hit, different bucket and probably the biggest pain in the ar5e from both parties. How long did it take for one to come out with a racist remark which if it was anyone else they'd rip them from breakfast till a55holes.

Although you do need to ask the question why they've set up as a private company and not a political party and ask who is bank rolling them and I'm sure I read somewhere since yesterday that it's registered abroad, although I've not looked into that to verify it.

Going back to the motor industry. It was only a matter of time before sales slumped and especially in the UK who seem to be the most car conscious snobby country in Europe and if not the world. How many cars can you fit in the island bearing in mind we have a Government along with most of Europe, who make a hell of a lot of money from motors and motorists, which includes the cars themselves, duty, other associated taxes, RFL (or whatever they call it now), IPT on insurance, etc. Then on top of that there is fines for doing things wrong like speeding, parking, etc. Then congestion charges, etc. Just simply cash cows. Then include the manufacturing costs side of motors, parts, etc. The cull that has funnelled down that diesel is satans children then you have to ask why didn't the Uk G'ment along with the EU make a proper and decisive plan before culling the motoring industry that then have no option to change to EV's.

How much money do they really need from us?

If you've ever seen a dog having a crap then this is what has happened to the industry in reverse and then they wonder why it doesn't work properly, hurts and gets messy.

Do you drive a taxi for a living?

Yep, she wants a second referendum 'cos she says voters didn't know what they were voting for and they know better now.

Just like her constituents, then. She could set the example for us all by resigning her seat and putting the vote to the people in her constituency.

About time the ERG members left the comfort of the Conservative Party and tested public support for their extreme vision of Brexit.

About time the ERG members left the comfort of the Conservative Party and tested public support for their extreme vision of Brexit.

I agree with you on this. Although if your point is testing MP's on Brexit the vast majority of MP's voted for A50 along with a manifesto to leave.

Leaving without a deal simply will not happen. Leaving with May's deal will not happen either.

As the majority of Anna Soubrey's constituents voted to leave I suspect she will be at the Job Centre shortly

As the majority of Anna Soubrey's constituents voted to leave I suspect she will be at the Job Centre shortly

The Chairman of her local CA initiated proceedings to call her to account and potentially get her deselected. This was around 3/4 months ago, possibly more?

Conservative HQ was quickly on the 'phone and he abandoned it. Perhaps that view may have changed.

Funny how the 3 stooges slag off the far right of the Tory party as being evil ..... when Carswell and Reckless crossed the floor to UKIP (2014?) they resigned and fought by-elections .... no such honour from the current lot ... no people's vote for them.

For an ex Tory who 'still' is representing a constituency that voted fairly convincingly for leave to state the voters didn't know (hints at them being too stupid to know) what they voted for is just plain arrogance, as a minimum.

I don't see any reference to voter stupidity in her statements and her constituents voted for her knowing that she is strongly pro-EU and anti-Brexit. The 2017 election took place a full year after the referendum and they chose to retain her as their MP.

I don't see any reference to voter stupidity in her statements and her constituents voted for her knowing that she is strongly pro-EU and anti-Brexit. The 2017 election took place a full year after the referendum and they chose to retain her as their MP.
They voted for her because she stood with a manifesto stating that she would deliver Brexit.

I heard her say as much yesterday, after I had made that post. I've no reason to disblieve her.
It still stands that her constituency voted 'out' with a majority of 9.5% so it's presumptuos of her to beleive she is speaking for them. She is demonstrating her personal beliefs.
True enough that her personal manifesto wasn't / isn't in line with the Tory manifesto so they had the choice not to back her at the last GE.

With a 1.5% majority Sourb in particular can't assume that she is right to keep her seat w/o giving her constituency the opportunity to demonstrate their choice.

I agree with you on this. Although if your point is testing MP's on Brexit the vast majority of MP's voted for A50 along with a manifesto to leave.

Leaving without a deal simply will not happen. Leaving with May's deal will not happen either.
Do tell.

I heard her say as much yesterday, after I had made that post. I've no reason to disblieve her.
It still stands that her constituency voted 'out' with a majority of 9.5% so it's presumptuos of her to beleive she is speaking for them. She is demonstrating her personal beliefs.
True enough that her personal manifesto wasn't / isn't in line with the Tory manifesto so they had the choice not to back her at the last GE.

With a 1.5% majority Sourb in particular can't assume that she is right to keep her seat w/o giving her constituency the opportunity to demonstrate their choice.
Trump and the DUP also give people nasty nicknames.

Last edited:
How do you why her constituents voted for her?
I think it is clear, to me anyway, that if someone stands as a Conservative party candidate in a general election and the manifesto states they will deliver Brexit but if that person doesn't intend to deliver the manifesto then they should declare as such and stand as an independant, a Libdem or something other than a Conservative candidate. If I was voting in Anna Soubry's constituency I would have taken the manifesto into account as I am sure most people would.

I think it is clear, to me anyway, that if someone stands as a Conservative party candidate in a general election and the manifesto states they will deliver Brexit but if that person doesn't intend to deliver the manifesto then they should declare as such and stand as an independant, a Libdem or something other than a Conservative candidate. If I was voting in Anna Soubry's constituency I would have taken the manifesto into account as I am sure most people would.
Yep...tell that to the leadership of the DUP who stood as Ulster Unionists and then defected to the DUP...without by-elections.

Yep...tell that to the leadership of the DUP who stood as Ulster Unionists and then defected to the DUP...without by-elections.
That's wrong too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom