The Venom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have a guy who lives at the end of out street and parks his car so anyone leaving is on the wrong side of the road a pain but you just take it easy coming and going. No accidents yet but we are close to a school so most people drive carefully. Now you generally turn left into out street so you pass him then have to move to the other side of the road as usually 6-8 cars parked on the left side of the road so to get past you are on the wrong side of the road. I came in one Sunday towing a caravan, got past the first car and the past the next 3 driving on the wrong side of the road. I see some woman heading straight for me so I slow down expecting her to stop and let me past as this is what we all do. No of course not she pushes on and nearly hits me I stopped 2 cars from the end and she starts waving at me to reverse and sticks her head out the window and say hurry up I need past why aren't you moving. To this I turn off the engine, this really pisses her off and starts shouting abuse at me and reving her engine. I turned to my wife who like me is also in shock at this out burst. Now I've not said word to her or responded in any way so she gets out and threatened to call the police if I didn't move. I politely (still don't know how I kept my cool) asked her to back up as it is only 2 cars for her and it's very difficult to reverse a caravan round the parked cars. She then goes off on one that I should learn to drive if I'm towing a caravan so up goes my window and the radio volume until she finally gave in and reversed back and let me past. 5 mins of my life ill never get back after a lovely weekend away and left me really stressed out.

Just wondering how driverless technology will deal with incidents like this. I guess one will start the car and select driving mode.

Aggressive. Polite. Pushover. Etc.

Just wondering how driverless technology will deal with incidents like this. I guess one will start the car and select driving mode.

Aggressive. Polite. Pushover. Etc.
Good point especially if one has an OS by Apple the other Android by Google and both refuse to cooperate with each other [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Good point especially if one has an OS by Apple the other Android by Google and both refuse to cooperate with each other [emoji23]

Exactly! We jest, but how very likely that is. We've already seen Tesla blame sensor manufacturers for failing to detect ... er..., people in the road. How ridiculous.

And another thing, how will filtering work on motorways? One by one? Or BMWs won't let Audis in? And what about junctions? Aside from brand wars, how would a car ever join a main road unless it was governed by a 3rd party authority. AKA traffic lights, or equivalent.

I know, you and I are both in software or similar no? Let's develop a:

Direct Response Independent Vector Equipped Robot

oh ****, someone has already done it, it's called a:

Driver

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom