The Walk, Hilton, Dubai

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gurd63

Car
G63 19, 190e AMG, C36/43, E55, Countach, RS Cosworth, S350, CLA45, SL55 F1, 997 Turbo, RRS SVR 19
Off to Dubai this Friday. Previously stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel, which was very nice. This time round we fancied a change of location, choosing Hilton, The Walk.

Does anyone have any experiences with this particular hotel?

Seems to have good reviews online but was just wondering if any members had been?

I did see on their website that they charge extra for wifi? :crazy: i thought times had moved on from high end hotels charging for wifi? :dk:

Regards

Sorry, just recently come back from there (Dubai) but stayed with my son very close to there. Can recommend Bateel on the Walk for lovely iced tea and cakes though.

Hi,
We are not big fans of the Hilton hotels in the UAE.
The rooms tend to be small, food average and expensive extras.
Rotana and Jumeirah are both excellent local brands with a range of hotels throughout the UAE.
The Walk is an amazing area of Dubai and has really improved the amenities and restaurants in that part of town.
If you like gaming - then try the Hub Zero at Citywalk - it's amazing.
A few new theme parks opened in the past few weeks - IMG worlds of adventure (largest indoor theme park in the world) opened in August - we are going there on Friday and Legoland Dubai opened on Monday.
Cheers
Steve

I stayed there a couple years ago, it was a nice hotel. Just had breakfast inc in our package as the walk has so many offerings.

We loved it, didn't spend much time on the private section of beach though as it was a bit too busy for our liking compared to the open public beach area on the left.

Hi we came back from an 8 night stay at Hilton Jumeirah Beach/Walk 4 weeks ago. Stayed Executive and was very relaxing. As above things are a bit pricey in the hotel example 23Dhs for a 1.5 litre bottle of water. There is an allday minimart which is just a 2 minute walk past the cinema The area is well developed with plenty of restaurants and some shopping. They have just started to build next to the hotel and our suite was on the 9th floor in the main hotel facing the site but didn't have an issue with noise. Hope this helps and enjoy!!

The Walk is a good area, as is the Marina not far away. Lots of great restaurants n bars in hotels.

You can go to Ferrari World, about an hour away in Ahu Dhabi.
:)

Stay in hilton the walk twice in the last year.

I have diamond status, and thus get executive lounge access. The exec lounge on the top floor (43?) has a great balcony with marvelous views. Nice range of snacks and drinks too.

Our room was a decent size the first time, the 2nd time I was upgraded to a two bedroom 3-bathroom suite with a separate kitchen. Far too big for the two of us, but quite impressive none-the-less.

Breakfast was fine. In keeping with most places in the UAE the sausage and bacon don't come from a Pig.

I'm off to Dubai later this month for just over a week.
Staying at this place
http://www.westinminaseyahi.com/

Going to Ferrari world, trip to the top of the Khalifa, and a James bond exhibition in there also.
Still toying with the idea of a drive round the Yasmarina circuit - half day in an SLS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom