The weather does the funniest things!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harrythedog

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GLC 250 Sport Premium+
We had an almighty thunder storm yesterday with heavy bursts of rain and hail. When my brother went out to his BMW X5 later on he found all 4 windows had decided to open themselves half way leaving a bit of mopping up to do. Anyone heard of similar tales?

Thankfully not as expensive but...

I parked up at a friends a couple of weeks ago. Lovely wooded drive, a nice day, so left the sunroof open (car was never more than 20ft away, in full view, locked) for the half hour I was there for my cuppa and biscuit.

It didn't rain, no birds scored a lucky hit, and no sun drenched idiots threw anything in.

I was alarmed to find the exterior and interior covered of tiny bits of colourful foliage. Back seats, front seats, carpets, dash. Everywhere. My friend called them 'catkins', and found it very amusing. I don't know what they were, but gather they came from the tree under which I'd parked.

Missed my hour's pub-pass hoovering it all out :doh:

There is a picture on the forum of a chap driving an E36 BMW while it was snowing
Nothing wrong with it you`d say but it was a cabriolet and the roof was open

Thankfully not as expensive but...

I parked up at a friends a couple of weeks ago. Lovely wooded drive, a nice day, so left the sunroof open (car was never more than 20ft away, in full view, locked) for the half hour I was there for my cuppa and biscuit.

It didn't rain, no birds scored a lucky hit, and no sun drenched idiots threw anything in.

I was alarmed to find the exterior and interior covered of tiny bits of colourful foliage. Back seats, front seats, carpets, dash. Everywhere. My friend called them 'catkins', and found it very amusing. I don't know what they were, but gather they came from the tree under which I'd parked.

Missed my hour's pub-pass hoovering it all out :doh:

Do not forget to check your rain channels as the catkins will block them too if you let them accumulate !
Regards
John

They wouldnt have opened themselves, maybe someone messed with the remote key as they most likely have some convenience feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom