The Wife was Going to "Hoover" her Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
So the wife says yesterday she was going to "hoover" her car.

What is it with some women, I get shouted at if I put the lid back on the tea caddie at the wrong angle.
You would honestly think I had just slept with her best friend.
The house seems to be a different domain from the car, car just seems to be a method of getting from A to B.

Anyway she comes back in from shops and I get shouted at again for not having my "work" clothes in the wash and why have I got them on.
I explain that I would hoover the car for her and I get a nice cup f tea as soon as I go out.

Now I started on the drivers side, didn't take any pictures before but have of the passenger side to give you an idea.

20200208_145131.jpg

20200208_145116.jpg

In the end I just couldn't get in to all the little gaps so it was out with the drivers seat.

20200208_145037.jpg

20200208_145103.jpg

20200208_145052.jpg

I ran out of time and only managed the driver side, will finish (start and take seat out) the passenger side on Monday weather permitting.

Going to the pub this afternoon. ;)

What? No shoes, items of opened (and unopened) mail, spoons (both plastic and metal) or make up?

My experience is that many women seem to treat the interior of their car as an extension of their handbag, with limitless capacity.

My wife decided she was going to "weed" the driveway , six months ago. She purchased some weed killer from her work and left it behind the drivers seat which is where it remained for five months until we purchased a new car a month ago. On the handover day we transferred all "her" stuff from the old car to the new one including the weed killer which was put behind the drivers seat where it has remained since and will do until either I move it or she takes it out because she needs the rear seats for passengers.

In her car at present is , 5L of weedkiller , new memory foam pillows x 2 , her mums wheelchair , two re-useable coffee cups , 16 Charles Dickens novels (1930`s) that were destined for her English teacher nephew months ago, numerous bags for life etc. etc.

I leave a pair of socks lying around the house and it is WW3 :wallbash:

K

That’s nothing to what my sons’ partners nice Audi was like a few weeks back.
All started with a request to drive her into work as she had a puncture.
Feeling sorry for her I asked if she would like me get the puncture repaired and she was fine with that.

Back home I inflated the tyre (slow puncture) enough for the short drive to my local tyre company but as soon as I drove off a warning flashed up, no not for a puncture but “ fuel car immediately” Oh bother I then had to practically coast all the way and put £15 of diesel into the car then a further £10 for the puncture. Just to “make her day” now back home I then decided to give the car a thorough wash and valet.

I was well into the next day before I had managed to scrub up all the carpets and interior seating. Fortunately I have a Karcher carpet cleaner which is great for cars.
Sheree was delighted with her “new” car but I did give her a telling off about the condition and to try and keep it that way.
I did eventually get my £25 back though. loL

I bet the windscreen is filthy on the inside too, women just can’t put the blowers on and wait, they have to find something to wipe the window with, a sleeve will do if a dirty snot rag cannot be located.

All of them.

What? No shoes, items of opened (and unopened) mail, spoons (both plastic and metal) or make up?

My experience is that many women seem to treat the interior of their car as an extension of their handbag, with limitless capacity.

The clean out was another thing altogether, even found a plate in the car.

Of course all the kids used sweet papers, empty cans and bottles and all sorts, that' why they don't get such things in my car.

I think its a Woman thing, my wifes car and my Daughters car are minging inside lol

I think you are right, had a conversation with my daughter in law yesterday about cleaning under the arches etc. of her little Fiat to prolong it's life and prevent corrosion. Then again best to start inside and the MPG will increase.

My wife decided she was going to "weed" the driveway , six months ago. She purchased some weed killer from her work and left it behind the drivers seat which is where it remained for five months until we purchased a new car a month ago. On the handover day we transferred all "her" stuff from the old car to the new one including the weed killer which was put behind the drivers seat where it has remained since and will do until either I move it or she takes it out because she needs the rear seats for passengers.

In her car at present is , 5L of weedkiller , new memory foam pillows x 2 , her mums wheelchair , two re-useable coffee cups , 16 Charles Dickens novels (1930`s) that were destined for her English teacher nephew months ago, numerous bags for life etc. etc.

I leave a pair of socks lying around the house and it is WW3 :wallbash:

Your wife must go to the same club as mine. :)

I bet the windscreen is filthy on the inside too, women just can’t put the blowers on and wait, they have to find something to wipe the window with, a sleeve will do if a dirty snot rag cannot be located.

All of them.

Yes, it is also minging, will need a good clean when finished.

Guys, this isn't the 1970s. We have a number of Woman on the forum and posts like this are not going to encourage more to join & make the existing ones feel welcome!

Good point, it's not just a wife thing.

One of my mates seems to think his car should be used to store all his tools and rubbish.
If you ask him for a lift to the airport there is no way you can even get a carry on case in the boot.

I think in fairness most of the people on here both male and female are a bit more attentive to their pride and joys.

This is absolutely not a women, young women, or any specific group thing. It think people either treat their car like a transit van/taxi, or they tend to look after it. There's not much middle ground. Ipersonally like a clean interior as I find it more relaxing.
My wife won't clean the inside of the windscreen, and I end up doing it if I need to drive at night because it's dangerous, but she keeps the outside in reasonably good nick.
My mate round the corner treats the inside and outside of his car really badly. He picked me up from the airport one evening, and on opening the passenger door, dozens of cans and food wrappers and CD cases and goodness knows what else all fell out on the car park floor. Having hurriedly picked it all up and put back in the car, the journey back was very rustly and noisy, with my shoes pressing on about 6 inches of rubbish.

Guys, this isn't the 1970s. We have a number of Woman on the forum and posts like this are not going to encourage more to join & make the existing ones feel welcome!

Karl, I think you are forgetting that all these guys are awesomely perfect husbands in every possible way. :rolleyes:

(it’d be interesting to hear Some of their wife’s pet hates about them eh? :))

It may not be the 1970's, but this is how it is with some owners. (I say owners, not women specifically)

When my wife was given a low mileage 2011 Kia Rio last year, first thing I did was wash, polish and wax it.
Despite me asking her to clean it, its seen the local car wash once since last April. The inside is disgusting and I've told her so.
I do my share of cleaning the house and clean my own car and I'm not doing hers again and have told her I will not buy her another car until she starts looking after what she has. It falls on deaf ears, so I don't mention it anymore.

It may not be the 1970's...........and have told her I will not buy her another car until she starts looking after what she has......

Are you sure it’s not the 70’s Roger??? :D

This is my take on it. I love cleaning the car (Hers) and my van. I enjoy it, like many here do. So, when I think about all the things (there are many) she does day in day out, all year round, for me, our daughter and us as a family I’d say keeping the car clean is the least I can do, and as said, I do enjoy it so no big deal. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom