The Word "Chap"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petef

Car
Mercedes 200C
Anyone hear about the homosexual eskimo who put his bare bum out of his iglooo and caught a "chap"...anyone else understand the meaning of the word "chap" ..........:)

If this turns out to be motoring related let me know and I'll move it back to General......

petef said:
Anyone hear about the homosexual eskimo who put his bare bum out of his iglooo and caught a "chap"...anyone else understand the meaning of the word "chap" ..........:)

And today Matthew, I have been drinking......

:bannana: :D

petef said:

nurse he's out of bed again :D

petef said:
Up the doseage nurse;)

With regard to the meaning of 'lad' or 'fellow', it derives from Chapman, a 16th century word for 'customer', itself derived from ceap, meaning to purchase, and originating in ceapian, a Germanic (from Latin) word for 'trade'.

In another respect, chap (from Scotland or N England) means to 'crack', and the meaning of a skin irritation is from middle english chappes with the same etymology.

Chap also means the fleshy part of the face, the jaw; and is also the abbreviation for Chapter.

Nothing car-related, Graham...

PJ

imadoofus said:
Nothing car-related, Graham...

PJ
No, no..

He was talking about a Mercedes-Benz designed by Colin Chap.... Man :D :D

Merry Christmas everyone
Regards,
John the defender

Tally-ho old chap ...... ;)

Poop poop ....