The workers are revolting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeremytaylor

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280CDI Sport Est., CLK 200k Cab., VW T5 174, Citroen C8, and a 2CV!
Story in Autocar this week.

Mercedes has uncovered a scam where factory workers are sabotaging cars so that warranty repairs are needed at the local garage, under warranty. The local garage was in on the scam apparently. Doesn't say which plant.

Please form an orderly queue of jokes about build quality below:

Mercedes has uncovered a scam where factory workers are sabotaging cars so that warranty repairs are needed at the local garage, under warranty. The local garage was in on the scam apparently. Doesn't say which plant.

That would explain a lot of things :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Serioulsy though, I've often wondered if this sort of thing goes on but for UK destined cars?. We always get caned in the Eurovision and everybody hates us etc.

Portzy.

My garage supervisor said on Tuesday, when I took my car in for a recall. That they were trying to ensure customer satisfaction. This goes against the above report. They were recalling the V6 and some V8 for the crankshaft sensor problem to ensure NO failures, not because they were failing. Although it would be a good item to sabotage.:eek:

My garage supervisor said on Tuesday, when I took my car in for a recall. That they were trying to ensure customer satisfaction. This goes against the above report. They were recalling the V6 and some V8 for the crankshaft sensor problem to ensure NO failures, not because they were failing. Although it would be a good item to sabotage.:eek:

The V6 diesels are suffering with CPS problems. Loads of them being done at dealers.

The scam started in 1996 with the paint and rust-proofing on the W210 E class :D

Sound like something we'd read about on Snopes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom