The world we live in today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarriedBlonde

Car
C63 AMG Coupe/ML350 Cdi Sport/69 vw Bus
I was driving from my house today back to my flat (long story but my wife and I are seperated) I live in quite a nice part of hampshire, quite peaceful and picturesque. Driving through a village in a line of traffic I spoty what appears to be a couple arguing. As I get close (we are only doing about 15mph as someone up ahead is turning right) I notice that they are properly getting into it.

All the other other cars slow down but ignore the bloke who at this point has hold of the girls hair and is proceeding to punch her in the head. I was the only one that pulled over and stopped and got out.

I ran accross the road explaining in no uncertain terms what is going to happen unless he stops.

I get hold of the fella who still has hold of the girls hair who attention now is focused ony me, I let him kick off in my direction before using any force and sure enough he feels the need to punch me in the face.

I manage to calm the situation down, get the girl sat in my car, the bloke is pinned on the ground and is slowly calming down.

I move him to sit on the floor about 5 feet away (sligh lapse when he thinks it will be a good idea to go the girl in my car. Hello. My cars not even a month old you pikey mother this will not end well if you scratch my baby)

While I have the guy pinned down on the ground I called the police and they arrive shorly after.

While waiting for the polce the fella is being a big old baby and expaining he loves her, doesn't want to hurt her etc and the pair are sort of taling.

When the police turn up I gave them my details and left them to it.

So come on tell me, how can about 20 cars (in both directions) just slowly drive past and watch a young girl being beaten around her head by some ****. I was the only one that stopped. No one else even opened their window to check everything was ok, not if I was ok but if the young gril was alright.

Credit to the police the officer that took my details, he phoned me tonight to thank me for stepping in and give me an update and to let me know the girl was ok. I don't have the gretest respect for the law but it appears there are still some good ones out there.

The saddest thing about the hole incident (and I am not talking about my busted lip ) is that I bet any amount of money she goes back to him.

Rant over. Please before anyone feels the need to have a go at me this is not a I am bigger and harder than you post. Just a rant about the world we live in today.

I'll get off my soap box now and have a drink.

J.

Well done MarriedBlonde you deserve that drink.

I would probably have drove past too. (Waits for incoming) Why. All the negative stuff that comes along with having a go now and you can so easily end up on the wrong side of the law yourself. You saw, you acted and did well. Heres mud in your eye fella.

Sad but yes,it happens a lot now day`s but people just don`t know what to expect
You`ve done the right thing,I would have done the same.Maybe I could not pin him as I`m only skiny lol,but would have had a go none the less

PS:You`re a He?!!!!!!!How did you come up with that user name lol

As you say, a sad state of affairs. Well done for stepping up to the plate and sorry to hear you got lamped for your trouble.

Have a large one and relax.. I think you did the right thing. I hope I'd do the same in your situation.

Cheers,

Gaz

To be honest, I was half expecting your story to end with the girl attacking you, because that's how these things tend to play out. (Well in my years of experience in watching The Bill and Eastenders.) This is why most people don't get involved, I suppose, but good on you sir, for doing so.

I think for some of us it is natural. The Mrs will pile into any sort of domestic and I have to catch up quick.

I think I am a bit slower than her because I stepped into a barney a good few years ago and the woman who was being slapped about punched me in the eye.

You have to laugh.

Anyway thanks for intervening.

editlooks like my little story is run of the mill
shucks.

Last edited:
Good on ya. I think many people would be scared of stopping because quite a few people carry a weapon in their car. You would not believe what we find in the drivers door pocket/side of the seat. Coshes, knives, cables, chains etc.

Where in hants do you live?

To be honest, I was half expecting your story to end with the girl attacking you, because that's how these things tend to play out. (Well in my years of experience in watching The Bill and Eastenders.) This is why most people don't get involved, I suppose, but good on you sir, for doing so.

Eastenders isn't real life, you know:)

I would have stopped, and at least phoned the police and tried to look menacing, while failing miserably. Hopefully he'd wear himself out laughing while his victim escaped.

Credit to the OP for having the right values.

PS:You`re a He?!!!!!!!How did you come up with that user name lol

LOL...Yep definately a he :) 6'2" and 18.5 stone of he (I used to box and still attempt to power lift for a pass time even though I am getting alittle old ( iam only a year from the big 4-0). But I can still bench over 225kgs ;-) ) The username is one I have had for a long long time, someone many years ago tried to spoof me via email so I create the marriedblonde to have a little fun and get my own back :)

My Mrs needs her ML serviced so you'll get to put a face to the name soon (as soon as I get round to booking it in)

I think for some of us it is natural. The Mrs will pile into any sort of domestic and I have to catch up quick.

And my Mirs is the exact opposite!!!!! But to be fair I am not opposed to a bit of confrontation. I am hoping, so are my friends, that I grow out of it.

Good on ya. I think many people would be scared of stopping because quite a few people carry a weapon in their car. You would not believe what we find in the drivers door pocket/side of the seat. Coshes, knives, cables, chains etc.

Where in hants do you live?

My family home is in Curdridge, not a million miles away from silver lakes yard.

But My flat is in the new part of hedge end :-(

Last edited:
quite a few people carry a weapon in their car. You would not believe what we find in the drivers door pocket/side of the seat. Coshes, knives, cables, chains etc.

Well, you will service porsches.

I might not have got directly involved myself ( depending on how big the other guy was ) , but I would at the very least have called the police .

I have to say reading that is a sign of someone with conviction, a sense of right and wrong and courage. Well done.

Well Done. Pleasing to know that there are still people out there with an innate sense of Right & Wrong & are prepared to act on on it.

Would that there be more out there like you, acting on your principles. :thumb:

The others passing by & gawking, spineless drones.

Thank you.

You definitely did the right thing. Are you pressing assault charges for when they guy punched you? I feel another sad fact about this day and age is often you end up being the one in trouble when you step in,luckily not on this occasion.

No I'm not pressing charges. A split lip doesn't warrant the agro I would have to go through giving statements etc for him to be let off with it in the long run (or having to give evidence if he didn't) I was happy that the girl was ok and got home safe and that the fella had been taken down the station.

Whilst I applaud the OP for his heroic actions and are extremely glad that everything got resolved in a seemingly amicable way - personally I would be very wary about getting involved in any type of similar situation.
Not because of my own personal safety but purely because of the potential for getting sued. Sad I know, but its something you do have to consider nowadays.
What would have happened if you intervened and one of the parties got seriously injured? Perhaps not directly your fault but the blame could still end up on your shoulders.
You could end up with a very, very large large dent in your wallet.
Its a great shame that we have even think along these lines before trying to be the good guy, but its the way things are nowadays.

However - still a big "well done" from me.

Well done you for having the courage and conviction to sort out what could have been another horrendous crime. :thumb:

Having done the same type of thing many moons ago when quite a bit younger then having a bottle smashed on the back of the head by the girl I'd just stepped in to help, I'm less liable to step in nowadays but will alway pick up the phone to the Old Bill.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom