The World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
'She that must be obeyed' very kindly walked up the avenue to take this picture.

It is the cruise ship 'The World' Unlike any of ship though you actually buy your suite. I am told that prices are in access of one million pounds per suite!

At present there are just 120 passengers onboard and she sails at midnight to go up to the pool of London.

Now where's my cheque book?

Regards,
John the dreamer

Fantastic.

I'm sooooooooo jealous of where you live John!

Mr Paul Allen's newest toy the biggest yacht in the world by a clear 100ft.

from this website http://www.yachtcrew-cv.com/paulallen.htm theres a sild show link on the site.

In 2003, the launch of Paul Allen's 127m (416ft) "Octopus" secured its number one position as the world's largest yacht.
Microsoft's "accidental billionaire" Paul Allen - worth US$20 billion according to Forbes, the third richest man in America and 7th in the world - owns two other monsters yachts such as Tatoosh ranked 3rd in the World in 2003.
Octopus cost Allen over US$200 million and has Permanent crew of 60, including several former Navy Seals.It has two helicopters, seven boats, a 10 man submarine and a remote controlled vehicle for crawling on the Ocean floor. The submarine has the capacity to sleep eight for up to two weeks underwater.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not into boats, so The World is not Enough....
Sorry, couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

zooman said:
Mr Paul Allen's newest toy the biggest yacht in the world by a clear 100ft..

All that wealth, but he still has not received an invite for the South-West GTG :D :D

Regards,
John

glojo said:
All that wealth, but he still has not received an invite for the South-West GTG :D :D

Regards,
John
No Merc, no invite. :D

Interesting that both Paul Allens' Yaht and Roman Abrabovich's yaht are both flying the Royal Ensign.

Were they both built in the UK does anyone know?

Sp!ke said:
Interesting that both Paul Allens' Yaht and Roman Abrabovich's yaht are both flying the Royal Ensign.

They were both built by Lürssen shipyards in Bremen.
I assume that as they fly the Royal Ensign they must both be British registered but I'll probably be corrected.

Sp!ke said:

Since when did we build any new boats?? :crazy:

We even buy our battleships from abroad. :devil:

To fly the Red Ensign the vessel has to be registered in Great Britain, place of build is not important.

If anyone is interested in buying a 'room with a view'. :cool: :) Then here is the link.

http://www.aboardtheworld.com/

John

glojo said:
If anyone is interested in buying a 'room with a view'. :cool: :) Then here is the link.

http://www.aboardtheworld.com/

John

I wouldn't, most of the owners are reported to be very unhappy and are taking the management company to court.

RichardM said:
I wouldn't, most of the owners are reported to be very unhappy and are taking the management company to court.

I have also read that buyers are having difficulty selling their properties. The vessel is a nice size, not to big, and it clearly takes advantage of this by going to less accessible places. (I am certainly not including Torbay in this statement)

John

big yachts
Top 100 yachts
All Russians are not equal
3664_06.jpg

Last edited:
Dear glojo

I received call today from home to say that the VERY SAME had just moored up opposite my apartment balcony :D

Rgds
Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom