The Worlds Heaviest Wave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Teahupo'o ( pronounced T'Choo-Poo ) , Tahiti.

Crazy stuff :crazy:

[YOUTUBE]tWdeuXVTpfY[/YOUTUBE]

Those waves looked like monsters rising from the deep, very impressive.

A contender for the largest wave ever ridden.

A huge swell hit Portugal the other day , and coupled with the bathymetry of the area around Nazare , someone is laying claim to riding a 90 footer. :crazy:

Video is on page 2

Surfing News - Nazare Up To 11

Nazere is where I go for some sea and sand when I'm over,hard to imagine waves that big there, brave stuff!

OK then soooooo, at the risk of looking a fool 'though let face it, thats never stopped a post before', at 2:45 in the left hand part of the wave is it just me or is that a shark inside?

Probably just a clump of seaweed sucked off the reef by the wave.

Sharks are hardcore , but not that hardcore !

And a contender for 'wipeout of the year' ..

Gotta hurt ...

[YOUTUBE]0-5hNM25G3g[/YOUTUBE]

this is a good wave but their are bigger and harder waves out their i have a surf buddy that was their on a small day and he said it was still mad

i have been surfing 10 years my self and i still could not see myself surfing that wave one mistake its all over

Laird Hamilton takes on Teahupoo - YouTube

a clip from riding giants

just a quick list of the top ten

The Top 10 Deadliest Waves || Transworld Surf

Well , i follow a lot of surfing , and used to do an awful lot of it before i grew up and got a mortgage and kids and Teahupoo is the heaviest without a doubt , no contest.

There is a difference between heaviest and largest .... Teahupoo is the thickest wave by far .... sure there are larger , Jaws , Outer Log Cabins , The Cortez Bank ( 100+ miles offshore , its where they reckon the first 100ft wave will be ridden ) , Mavericks etc etc .... the lip on Lairds video is nothing like the double code red day .

Last edited:
it is a great wave a if you look at the clip you showed you can see it suck the reef nearly dry in front as she forms

great post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom