The XF-R: Jekyll & Hyde in the metal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad you're having fun with the Jaaaag, Lee :thumb:

It's always struck me that in many respects the XF-R and the E63 Biturbo are similar animals: luxury cruiser one minute and luxury cruise missile the next :D
I've seen them Dave, I was adamant that I was going to get some exhaust work done because of how quiet the cabin is, the problem being it's quite loud outside (certainly louder than my E55K with Kleeman manifolds and rear cats gutted). So I think the problem would be that I'd have to get it that loud to hear it inside that it would be monstrous on the out.
Obvious solution is to cut a hole in the floor ;) :D

Glad you're having fun with the Jaaaag, Lee :thumb:
Thanks Phil, I did set the budget at up to £30k, this fell just shy of a good facelift E63, and the XF-R fell perfectly (well under) budget and because of that means that when I do come to replace it'll hopefully be either a CLS63 estate or a facelift E63.
Obvious solution is to cut a hole in the floor ;) :D

Or do as lesser cars do and pump it through the speakers...:D

Thanks for the update Lee. This is definitely on my list for the next move. Seems to me it's a natural progression from the E55K, in that it delivers the power but also delivers a more modern surroundings to enjoy.

Having owned a S Type R you can tell any old man jokes wouldn't bother me. Do you know how well the motor responds to mild tuning like a remap?

It's not like the E55 is a young man's car either is it.

I don't care about the old man thing. I nearly am one anyway.

If the worse cuss someone can come up with is it is an old man's car - it's not a cuss anyway.

You'd feel a right diik driving some of the youngsters cars anyway. :D

I'd rather look like a young (ish!) man driving an old mans car than an old man driving a young man's car!

Yup, that's how I've always seen it.

Although I bought my E at 35, that XJR in turquoise I considered in my later 20s was tempting and a later V8 XJR in black when I was around 29/30 similarly appealing.

I do like the XFR still.

I imagine I will get around to trying one one day.

My trouble is parting with the E. I don't really want to so even though I would like to move on sometimes and as you know - I've considered many many things, my heart is just not in getting rid of the 55.

Perhaps I am waiting for divine intervention to decide.

I'd rather look like a young (ish!) man driving an old mans car than an old man driving a young man's car!

Lee, drive whatever gives you pleasure, you work hard so enjoy the rewards that go with it old boy!:D

Absolutely love this car but the small tank is driving me nuts! I've opened an office up in Northampton and I'm filling the car up every other day :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Absolutely love this car but the small tank is driving me nuts! I've opened an office up in Northampton and I'm filling the car up every other day :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Bl00dy hell, that's some commute :crazy:.

Bl00dy hell, that's some commute :crazy:.

Only until things are up and running smoothly then it'll be once, maybe twice a week I go. Should be about three months, quicker the better because I fecking hate the M1 with a passion!

I'm closer than you - do you want me to run it (into the ground) for you :D.

XJ or S Class diesel would be a better bet for that journey.

Haha, you're more than welcome John, you know me I'm not one to knock a gift horse in the mouth!

Going to have a look at an XJ this week, the interior is a cut above my XF, it's just if I can give this up because just the thought of doing so brings me out in cold sweats!

Tank size is 70L (15Gal)...so not that small and pretty average for a saloon, its the mpg that kills tank range, although the V8 soundtrack makes up for it surely:D

XFR fuel tank capacity
69.5 litres15.3 UK Gal18.4 US Gal

Just checked and it's actually 64 litres, the most I've ever put it has been 60 litres so even when showing 5 miles left on the OBD it's got another gallon to go!

Just double checked it's 64 litres until the tank shows empty with 5.5 litres reserve.

Took these a short while ago, thought I'd posted them on the thread but I was mistaken:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom