The XF-R: Jekyll & Hyde in the metal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I test drove an A7 BiTurbo and found it was like most Audi's a bit boring. Nice car but a little dull. Found the XJ to be a better drive & better to own. Seems like only the R8 breaks the trend completely.

RWD all the way baby...I'm a convert from years of FWD!

Fair enough....you found the replacement car already?

Fair enough....you found the replacement car already?

I haven't done a final deal yet, a few options open yes, but nothing definite; no deposits given. I go away tomorrow on holiday for a fortnight so there was no point in buying something before I went.

Why? You'd look good in this Jag. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds very sensible!

The Jag would suit me but I need to see if the XJ goes or stays yet. If it goes in the next 2 weeks I might be paying you a visit when you get back. If not I'll be keeping the XJ.

Where you off to?

Holiday...thats a nice idea! Enjoy ;)

Not buying an XFR-S or E63 now...Bought another house instead...So it's back in the L200 for the foreseeable future...:D

Not buying an XFR-S or E63 now...Bought another house instead...So it's back in the L200 for the foreseeable future...:D

Not a bad choice, post referendum there is some great buys around my way. Commercial property is even more nuts seems like your spoilt fir choice.

You could always get a nice W211 to wade around in short term.

I meant to say, after looking at the house on Rightmove yesterday, there is a plot of land with outline pp in Doncaster.

Commutable - keep the Jaaaaaaaaag :thumb:.

I meant to say, after looking at the house on Rightmove yesterday, there is a plot of land with outline pp in Doncaster.

It's always easier spending g other people's money! ;)

I've already come to the conclusion that I'll still sell the XF-R and then buy something ridiculously fast early next year (you'll be due a change by then, won't you John?)

It's always easier spending g other people's money! ;)

I've already come to the conclusion that I'll still sell the XF-R and then buy something ridiculously fast early next year (you'll be due a change by then, won't you John?)

Anything is possible - you won't get a better one :thumb:.

You could always get a nice W211 to wade around in short term.

That would take me into double figures W211 ownership!

I'll keep my powder dry for a big buy next year, I'm sure my old mate John will look after me with his E63...:D

I'll keep my powder dry for a big buy next year, I'm sure my old mate John will look after me with his E63...:D

I've had it 18 months now - time flies.

You won't find a better cared for example that's for sure.

Sad day today, the Jaaaaag has been sold...

Been a tumultuous last few days of ownership, really struggled to come to terms with selling it which was made worse by passing two teenage lads stood on the kerb nudging each other saying "f*ck me, look at that!" (I am assuming they were on about the car and not my ugly mush)

It's only a piece of metal Lee...plenty more fish in the sea ;)

I haven't sold the XJ yet so couldn't even think about your XFR until that had gone.

When your development project is done you'll be able to justify something really silly!

Onwards and upwards:thumb:

Noted you sold it on fleabay, trade sale I presume? I find there a total waste of time when selling cars, only ever sold the one on there site...Autotrader always works for me:bannana:

Sad day today, the Jaaaaag has been sold...

Been a tumultuous last few days of ownership, really struggled to come to terms with selling it which was made worse by passing two teenage lads stood on the kerb nudging each other saying "f*ck me, look at that!" (I am assuming they were on about the car and not my ugly mush)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom