The XF-R: Jekyll & Hyde in the metal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I haven't sold the XJ yet so couldn't even think about your XFR until that had gone.
I knew it was a good car so I wasn't worried about getting what I wanted for it, I was just surprised at how quick it sold because although it was slightly up on the miles at 87k, it had full documented history from Jaguar and I'd just serviced it at the dealer.

In fact, the bloke who bought it said that the health check I had carried out before sale was possibly the biggest reason why he bought mine. Oh and the fact it was black outside and very light interior...
When your development project is done you'll be able to justify something really silly!
It'll be back to either an XFR-S, a facelift E63 S or a Quattroporte 4.7 S, more than likely in the new year.

Got to be the Maser surely ;)

I liked them so much I bought a second!

Noted you sold it on fleabay, trade sale I presume? I find there a total waste of time when selling cars, only ever sold the one on there site...Autotrader always works for me:bannana:

Yes, was a private sale to a fellow enthusiast.

On eBay I would say it varies massively on what you're selling; "petrolhead" cars are usually stress free but you do come across the odd types who will either try and keep you on the phone for hours giving you their life story or those who just want to have a look at the car, have a chat about it, yet have no real intention to buy.

Spill the beans then!

It is a little rough round the edges project kind of thing I can hopefully add some value to. Mainly so I can enjoy a Maser more often as the garage queen doesn't get out much!

My original 4200 is a CC F1 box. This is a manual 4200 but with a Gransport cosmetic conversion if you like.

Will take some pics and post up a couple of original one and the project one.

A couple of the old one I bought about 2 years ago:

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

A couple of the new one:

guestaccess.aspx

Last edited:
Still getting the hang of uploading pics on here! I can only edit for the first 30 mins apparently.

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

Beautiful.

Although if you swapped interiors that blue with cream interior would be my perfect combination.

I have a spare 4200 cream/tan interior that I might put in the workshop for seating. It could find its way into the Blue car but I only have the 4 seats so still a lot more trim to change so not much of an option I guess ;)

Which model is the one with the banana shaped rear lights?

Previous model...the 3200. Brave man to take one of those on although I do prefer the iconic boomerangs. They have a issues/flaws as were the last model Maserati made before they're taken over by Ferrari. It is a 3.2 V8 with twin turbos.

The 4200 us a much easier to live with car & the first model produced after Ferrari bought them. It has the same n/a Ferrari 4.2 V8 & F1 gearbox as the 360.

Benny on the SM forum has a 4200 Spyder with a custom 3200 back-end with the boomerangs. It was a complex project!

I love Maseratis and looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom