Theft From Locked Vehicles x2 - how?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Or alternatively apply to drug users what we apply to other areas of the law - the notion that illegal consumers create the demand and create the market and trade, and therefore they are just as guilty as the dealers.

If there were no drug users, there would be no drug-relared crimes, no drug barrons, and far less beheadings in Mexico.

But for some reason people who use illegal drugs are generally considered victims, not criminals. Odd, that.

I cannot follow your argument here regarding those that use illegal drugs being considered "victims not criminals".

The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 clearly lays out the 3 categories of illegal drugs, the law then defines penalties for each classification both for possession and supply, possession or supply of any of these drugs is a criminal offence.

I cannot follow your argument here regarding those that use illegal drugs being considered "victims not criminals".

The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 clearly lays out the 3 categories of illegal drugs, the law then defines penalties for each classification both for possession and supply, possession or supply of any of these drugs is a criminal offence.

Correct, and there is indeed nothing wrong with the legislation, however I was referring to how the law is actually applied. With great leniency for users.

If one of your children, another family member or a close friend fell into the trap of addiction you wouldn't make such a glib statement.

There is no trap its a choice, you take them or you dont the choice is yours, anyone stupid enough to take them knows the consequences so why do it.

I would legalize drugs and pull all funding for rehabilitation or medical care due to drug abuse and spend it on people thst deserve it, people who have worked all their lives, contributed to society and now cant get prompt medical treatment due to lack of funding, yet we continue to support people who contribute nothing, go figure.

No danger of my children, family or friends doing drugs, we were all brought up correctly and taught the difference between right and wrong, maybe if some parents today cared more and brought up their offsprings to show care and respect in society, taught them right from wrong and good from bad, we might not be in this mess. Just a thought !

There is no trap its a choice, you take them or you dont the choice is yours, anyone stupid enough to take them knows the consequences so why do it.

I would legalize drugs and pull all funding for rehabilitation or medical care due to drug abuse and spend it on people thst deserve it, people who have worked all their lives, contributed to society and now cant get prompt medical treatment due to lack of funding, yet we continue to support people who contribute nothing, go figure.

No danger of my children, family or friends doing drugs, we were all brought up correctly and taught the difference between right and wrong, maybe if some parents today cared more and brought up their offsprings to show care and respect in society, taught them right from wrong and good from bad, we might not be in this mess. Just a thought !

Yes it is a choice. But unfortunately, too many people make too many poor choices and they, their family and society as a whole suffer the consequences of their addiction.

And contrary to what you seem to think, many of these people were also "brought up correctly" by families who can't believe that it's happening to them.

Your understanding of all the complex problems associated with addiction is negligible.

Yes it is a choice. But unfortunately, too many people make too many poor choices and they, their family and society as a whole suffer the consequences of their addiction.

And contrary to what you seem to think, many of these people were also "brought up correctly".

Your understanding of all the complex problems associated with addiction is negligible.

I agree it is poor choice but why should the rest of a law abiding society have to suffer or pay for those poor choices?

My view is simple if you are brought up correctly you dont do drugs, how can you possibly know these people were brought up correctly? Now that is a glib ststement.

I couldn't give a toss about the complex problems associated with addiction as it will never affect me my friends my family or anyone who I associate with, I've better things to do with my life than try and understand people who do drugs and create their own problems.

Its really simple, drugs are illegal so dont take them or if you do accept the consequences.

My views and intolerance to drug addicts and dealers is well known and they won't change, sympathy for anything drugs related is something I just don't do.

I agree it is poor choice but why should the rest of a law abiding society have to suffer or pay for those poor choices?.

In an ideal world the rest of society wouldn't suffer or pay. However, what you fail to understand is that your idea of removing all support would simply lead to a huge in increase in acquisitive crime by those who will do anything to feed their habit. So thanks to you we'd all end up paying more.

My view is simple if you are brought up correctly you dont do drugs...
A simple view indeed....

I couldn't give a toss about the complex problems associated with addiction as it will never affect me my friends my family or anyone who I associate with......
.....and another one.

My views and intolerance to drug addicts and dealers is well known and they won't change, sympathy for anything drugs related is something I just don't do.

Your intolerance to a lot of things is well known. I seem to remember you volunteering for the role of hangman if the death penalty were re-introduced. Therefore, comments that you post on any aspect of the criminal justice system should be viewed in this context and not taken too seriously.

Yep I do not tolerate, druggies, scroungers, scammers, do gooders, environmental lobby groups, illegal immigrants and people who have a lack of respect for society. I'm sure the list is longer than that but it will do for a start.

I would still volunteer to be a hangman in an instant and I know my views are outspoken but its a free country and I'm entitled to them but I'm also smart enough to realize not everyone or possibly no one agrees with them. Then thats where my other trait kicks in, I really could not care what people think about me, they may think I'm the biggest tosser on the planet, that's thier opinion and they are entitled to it makes no difference to me whatsoever, skin as thick as a rhino and shoulders as broad as the oceans, I learnt a long time ago life is not a popularity contest :)

Why not just hang drug dealers and users?

You would be surprised how quickly the others would give them up.

Yep I do not tolerate, druggies, scroungers, scammers, do gooders, environmental lobby groups, illegal immigrants and people who have a lack of respect for society. I'm sure the list is longer than that but it will do for a start.

So how was The Mail on Sunday today ?

So how was The Mail on Sunday today ?

If you really wish to have a debate on this then why resort to such silly and childish comments so early on?

You both have valid points as there is no black and white here as there rarely is in any aspect of life.

If you really wish to have a debate on this then why resort to such silly and childish comments so early on?

You both have valid points as there is no black and white here as there rarely is in any aspect of life.

Set within the context of the post about scroungers, do gooders, illegal immigrants etc. my comment was extremely valid.

Set within the context of the post about scroungers, do gooders, illegal immigrants etc. my comment was extremely valid.

So was Ian's, within the context of the thread,

So was Ian's, within the context of the thread,

Only to a certain type of mentality with no understanding of the causes of the problems highlighted and therefore always unable to offer any sort of solution.

Only to a certain type of mentality with no understanding of the causes of the problems highlighted and therefore always unable to offer any sort of solution.

I categorically told you I have no desire to understand the causes and it's not up to me to offer a solution, if it were I would be a social worker or government minister :doh:

I thought DM offered the solution in post #28 :dk:

Soooooo, how did the thieves get in the cars again?

They blame their misfortune on society, turn to drugs because thats how their "good" parents brought them up, lose their jobs, need to feed their habit, turn on the society they benefited from and rob them blind by breaking into cars stealing possessions and then selling them down the pub for a quick fix.

I think thats the gist of this thread :dk:

*understand the causes*

I thought DM offered the solution in post #28 :dk:

There is only 1 cause, weak individuals, as you said earlier flango at some point we are all faced with choices and a simple yes or no normally will suffice for such choices.

I have been down on my luck before now, but didn't turn to drugs + was offered drugs while I was growing up I simply + politely said no thank you, choice made I am not an addict :thumb: it really is that simple.

Now I am not without sin and realise that people make bad choices and mistakes but it is the measure of the person to admit those errors and turn it around whether in personnel life, business or both, but for those that don't I have no sympathy.

As DM said in post #28 +1

Last edited:
That's the why(maybe) The question was, 'how'?

Probably a rolling code RF transmitter. Once a few thousand codes have been tried, the right one will open the car. Takes a minute or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom