Them worthless reputation points...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonsMerc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Merc S212 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport 256bhp, Suzuki GSX-650F, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic
Folks,

As a matter of courtesy, if you're going to leave me negative reputation points, could you plesae sign them so that I at least know who they're from? A comment as to why would also be nice. I mean, I know they don't actually mean anything, but this is just common courtesy surely?

These were clearly left for me stating my opinions; someone disagreed with my opinion, and decided that I deserve negative points because I disagree with their opinion. Fine. But as I say, common courtesy. I guess giving anonymous negative reputation points means you're not confident that your opinion is correct?

They're pointless anyway, but it'd be nice to know!

-simon

Didnt even know it could be done, but I agree - I dont actually think it should be available never mind anonymously with no comment

Posted in wrong section, don't make me give out bad rep points! ;)

Which posting did the other person object to ?

Who worries about reputation on a forum?

Reputation points are very important...

I have a limited supply of good reputation points to be sold on a first come first served basis.

Each point comes complete with a certificate of authenticity and can be yours for £9.95. Get yours now!

Paypal accepted.

PS: Designo reputation points available too.

Reactions: PJH
Tigger said:
Reputation points are very important...

I have a limited supply of good reputation points to be sold on a first come first served basis.

Each point comes complete with a certificate of authenticity and can be yours for £9.95. Get yours now!

Paypal accepted.

PS: Designo reputation points available too.

Do we get discount for bulk orders :p

Most car forums have ditched these for the very reasons stated. If they must exist at all they should be positive only with no negative available (the gold stars approach)

As for not naming yourself or explaining, that's just cowardice

Aswall said:
As for not naming yourself or explaining, that's just cowardice

I have no opinion on the rights and wrongs on the actual topic, but agree with your last remark.

I suppose though that it might get like the E-bay feedback system...... You give someone a very deserved bad feedback report, and they simply give one back out of spite?

Well said,
John

That's why I said that positive points only should be available i.e. you can add to a posters rep but there is no facility to post negative rep points

Aswall said:
That's why I said that positive points only should be available i.e. you can add to a posters rep but there is no facility to post negative rep points

I knew that is why I agreed with you.

Superbikes is distracting me

Well said again ;)
John

Sorry John, too early on a Sun for my brain to be working :D

Also watching Superbikes, but about to set off for Elland Road :bannana:

Mozzer said:
A bit off topic, but why is one of mine grey and the rest are green ?
I've often wondered that! :confused:

Will said:
I've often wondered that! :confused:

I thought maybe someone had given me a half point - and I was going to contact them to say, thanks but why bother ? :D

the grey ones are points which were intended for you by a user who has not gained sufficient reputation "power" i.e. points for anything they leave to count towards your total.

Worse than the reputation points themselves the power thing is crazy. You could in theory spend your whole day helping new users and each of them being grateful could attempt with no avail to give you positive points. You could then make one comment on the wrong forum or that a user with a lot of feedback (therefore more power) disagrees with and end up getting anything up to -50 points (which i think is the maximum that the system goes to although it can be manually overriden) for that one post.

Administrators have the ability (if they can be bothered) to filter and remove feedback that they think is unjust. By checking in the Vbulletin admin control panel under feedback a list can be created of every piece of feedback showing which post it relates to, who it was for and who left it.

I've said before the feedback system causes grief, last time this subject reared it's head we had a poll and the results although in favour of scrapping the system were in the opinion of the mods and admin too close to call.

It takes a few seconds to disable this useless feature, perhaps if enough people express their dislike of it then some action will be taken.

Oh, and last time I suggested a poll about scrapping the feedback system some halfwit left me "anonymous" negative feedback :)

Andy

andy_k said:
Oh, and last time I suggested a poll about scrapping the feedback system some halfwit left me "anonymous" negative feedback :)
Andy

Thank you for explaining the grey +ive points - didn't realise some people were only semi-citizens - I wonder when I became a full citizen :eek:

I'm not against the feedback thang, I think its quite nice to check every now and then and see that someone agreed with your point of view enough to make a vote, but because you are winning so many of the daily quizzes, I'm going to log -ive feedback for you RIGHT NOW !!! :p

Tigger said:

Good reputation points are so common, some have thousands, quite worthless. Now the red jobbies are rare and I have some! No doubt my supply will be boosted by this post so I can confidently offer them at a £5 each....form an orderly queue! :D :D

Hey Bob - How's Languedoc? Nice n sunny I bet :mad:

Nice to see you chuck ;) :D

pammy said:
Hey Bob - How's Languedoc? Nice n sunny I bet :mad:

Nice to see you chuck ;) :D

Yep, nice and sunny at long last, took a long time getting here this year though. Always a glass waiting for you Pammy XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom