Then and now......

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by LXA, Dec 12, 2019.

1. LXA

LXA Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML500
    I had a Merc a while ago and then just bought one which was built a couple of years after my last ownership.... see if you can guess which is which ? ;)
    ( I apologise if I got the pic posting thing wrong - please discipline me and delete if I gone done wrong)

IMG_20180815_020914 - Edited.jpg IMG_20191129_220346 - Edited.jpg

unimog, Abcan and whitenemesis like this.
  2. Rorywquin

Rorywquin Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL400
    First pic...when it was posh to own a MB and few people did
    2nd Pic....people still think it is posh (but isn't) and everybody has one;)

LXA, Bri and whitenemesis like this.
  3. Bri

Bri Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 Mercedes E220 est sold ! 2011 E350 est now
    Plus the build quality would have been a lot better on the older one !

Rorywquin and LXA like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    LXA

Car:
    ML500
    loved the old one - solid as and totally reliable - such style that my older son who was 17 at the time wanted it for his 18th birthday present, despite being the rather underpowered 200T. - THAT's how stylish it was
    Bought the new one because I want to enjoy a V8 before they shove us all into self-driving Johnny Cabs..... and I'd fancied one since seeing Annette Benning in one in American Beauty. Obviously the W164 is faaaar classier looking than the W163, so I win :D
    ...aaaaaaand I can justify driving a gas guzzling 5L V8 'cos it's 15 years old and the majority of the eco damage is generated in construction. If you're buying a new electric car every 3 years I take the moral high ground :D :D :D

5. OP
    OP
    LXA

Car:
    ML500
    Got another one of the old one (only two pics I've got - from the days pre-phone cameras!!) - see if you can spot the incidental humour.... not Merc related, but made me smile when I spotted it ;) (cost me £650 that.... *sigh*)

Attached Files: