There Are Still Some Honest Sellers Around......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scott_F

MB Enthusiast
.......and it would seem that this character is not one of them.

I was engaged in some idle browsing on Gumtree and saw the ad below. Apparently, the car is a "low mileage bargain", is a "grate runner" and, best of all, "only just ran out of mot on the 20th it will pass mot".

Ford ka ☆☆low mile☆☆ bargain ☆☆ | in Rugby, Warwickshire | Gumtree

A quick on-line check reveals that the car was in fact submitted for an MOT some three weeks ago (on the 16th) and it failed in some style:

Date:
16/09/2017
Result:
Fail
Refusal Notices
  • Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.c.1d)
  • Nearside front headlamp aim beam image obviously incorrect (1.8.a.1b)
  • Offside front headlamp aim too low (1.8)
  • Offside rear brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.b.2c)
  • Nearside vehicle structure has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.b.2)
  • Offside front macpherson strut has excessive movement in the upper support bearing assembly (2.5.b.1b)

Obviously, in this sector of the market it's very much a case of bottom fishing and you never believe a seller who says that a car "should pass another MOT" because if they really believed that then they would submit it for one.

But even with that in mind, this does seem like a monumental case of dishonesty !

I once went to look at a vauxhall astra with a view to buying it for my daughter. The guy said it was in good condition and needed nothing doing to it. On arriving at his house I asked if we could view the car that he had advertised . He looked at me as if I had two heads , and said " there it is on the drive ". No , says I, this quite clearly is NOT the car you advertised as it has dents and rust on every panel , and looks like it has been used for stock car racing . Don`t know what you expect he said , the cars nearly 10 years old! He seemed surprised that we just walked awy.

He said it will pass an MOT and he was not lying... he just didn't say how much money it would cost to get it through the MOT.

Or that the list of problems would almost certainly cost more to rectify than the car is worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom