there's a twin turbo V6 CDi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
in Europe. See extract from CAR:

We also tried the new E400 E-class. Unfortunately it’s not a model that’s coming to the UK, but it’d make an appealing alternative to the 302bhp and 295lb ft BMW 535i. The twin-turbo 3.0-litre V6 makes 328bhp and 354lb ft, hits 62mph in 5.3 seconds, and returns 37.6mpg. It doesn’t howl quite as sonorously as the BMW’s straight six, yet there’s no doubting it produces the power.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I saw one while I was out of the country a few years ago. This one was in Taiwan actually:

Attachments

• 282007_10150730221025430_4139974_n.jpg
    282007_10150730221025430_4139974_n.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
would be a great engine for the 218 CLS too ..

And the new W222 S class. The single turbo motor in my old mans is ok and effortless, but this will be fast in a way a 500 in a W220 was.

And the new W222 S class. The single turbo motor in my old mans is ok and effortless, but this will be fast in a way a 500 in a W220 was.

That's probably why they don't want to bring it here!

Do you think the 735d (or is it 740d now?) effects the sales of their V8's? I suspect it might

Do you think the 735d (or is it 740d now?) effects the sales of their V8's? I suspect it might

on the other hand, it might increase sales for people who want a more powerful diesel and don't want a petrol

some one who wants a V8 won't settle for V6 diesel

makes no sense why not available in UK .. surely not an engineering challenge?

Hardly anyone wants V8 petrols now. 9/10 of those are company car pilots who order these new. They want lower BIK which comes through a lower list and lower CO2. A 500 costs a fair bit more new than a 350cdi and emits loads more CO2.

I thought a diesel in an S class was wrong myself, pure luxury car, but as much as a slate the OM642, its quiet and some. I've piloted my old mans a few times and its a lot quieter than my old E320cdi, which was quiet. Proper quiet motor car

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I saw one while I was out of the country a few years ago. This one was in Taiwan actually:

well, it would be if it was a diesel...

Hardly anyone wants V8 petrols now. 9/10 of those are company car pilots who order these new. They want lower BIK which comes through a lower list and lower CO2. A 500 costs a fair bit more new than a 350cdi and emits loads more CO2.

I thought a diesel in an S class was wrong myself, pure luxury car, but as much as a slate the OM642, its quiet and some. I've piloted my old mans a few times and its a lot quieter than my old E320cdi, which was quiet. Proper quiet motor car

Had a W221 following me for a number of miles tonight. Seemed Ok.

Is your father bored of his yet? ;)

Where in Taiwan?
I have been there 4 times as my Brother lived in Chiayi for 13 years..
Have you been up the 101 building ?
I have and its quite something to behold..
When you stand at the base the building seems to lean over you (Look at photo 2).

Last edited:
Why does the topic title say V6 CDi when these are petrol engines? Diesels make way more torque than either of these...

Why does the topic title say V6 CDi when these are petrol engines? Diesels make way more torque than either of these...

good point - I may have completely misread the article ...

Nah, he proclaims it to be the finest car money can buy. Setting him straight can be very tedious.

He is more close to right than you are. :D

apologies all ..

the E400 is indeed a petrol engine .. just checked the German price list.

ooops.

LTD said:
He is more close to right than you are. :D

No he is not. Refer to sig for proof that I possess the finest car money can buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom