There's overpriced SL's and then...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluebell

Car
SL Silver Arrow
Just when you thought you had seen it all, £37.5k and he can't even hold a camera steady, or indeed focus it, let alone spend a couple of quid for a proper advert somewhere.

MERCEDES-BENZ SL SERIES EDS SL500 Silver Arrow Auto - Just 6097 Miles - 1 elderly lady owner in Poole, Bournemouth | Used Mercedes-Benz for sale | Gumtree.com

And out of interest, did MB offer factory rear parking sensors then, or are the carbuncles on the rear bumper aftermarket?

J
And out of interest, did MB offer factory rear parking sensors then, or are the carbuncles on the rear bumper aftermarket?

Those rear bumper damage assisters definitely look a bit "add on".

Flipping heck!!!!
I know i shout out about R129's going up in value, but that's taking the piss!!!!!
Someone needs to tell grandma to get REAL!!!!!

K

R129 never came with sensors, so yes aftermarket.

OK it's very low mileage but I seriously wonder if that's a typo on the price. It's not even as if the Silver Arrow is a nice special edition.

Note there's no mention of service history. Would have been due a service every 2 years ... so should have had five by now.

BTB 500 said:
R129 never came with sensors, so yes aftermarket.

OK it's very low mileage but I seriously wonder if that's a typo on the price. It's not even as if the Silver Arrow is a nice special edition.

Note there's no mention of service history. Would have been due a service every 2 years ... so should have had five by now.

Nice is a preference, and it is limited edition only 100 rhd so will always be worth more than a normal sl500 . Having said that 37k is ridiculously high.

On a side note was looking at a merc enthusiast mag from 2002 and you see r129 for 50k and pagodas for 7k interesting to see the values from 10 years ago.

T

Well, Tallis in Bath sold a 4700 mile Silver Arrow last year for £34,950, but it was (a) from a dealer with warranty (b) had full documented main dealer history - one can only guess that this seller saw that and feels his is worth more.

Very tempted to e-mail him and ask a few questions, anyone fancy a guess it smells 'musty' inside from all the air fresheners in one of his hazy photos?!

Nice is a preference
For sure, but the Silver Arrow is the only R129 special edition I know of that some people (not just me :D) simply wouldn't have. I've been for a drive in one and thought it looked awful.

I think I'd rather have a decent R230 SL55 and about £20k in the bank... :) :cool:

Bill,

Have to agree the white leather on the seats and steering wheel are not to my taste either. As is the gloss highline chrome trim.

The split rim wheels are however nice but nowhere near as good as the 2 piece AMG's. I know... I'm being bias now!

;)

Although the seats look white in photographs, in real life they are a silver grey, as is part of the steering wheel.

I also used to think the black/white scheme was a no-no, until I actually saw one in the flesh and realised the silvery colour combination actually worked, but as as been said, its a matter of personal taste.

Im younger than most on here and i like the silver arrow interior, i think its the nicest interior for a r129. I think the grey interior is the worst. It looks terrible, just looks dirty.
The black is boring and the the mushroom is pipe and slippers. I like the helanos the light cream colour, dont know what is called so im guessing. Some people think the silver and black leather in the r129 and the chrome is ostentatious, but i like something abit more than blend in the crowd.

"Purchased directly from Jacksons."

Ah ah, chamone motherf***er, eeeee heee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom