There's some reet nice people around

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Come on, get bidding.

This ain't just any old pencil. It was used to sketch Mrs Ant like when jack did the sketch of Rose in Titanic.

First bid received. :bannana:

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a bid! Get the kettle on. :D

Yikes, another friend!!! :bannana:

I little disconcerting to know someone has bid £9.99 for a pencil (albeit for charity)

If it's someone from here it'll be like a game of Guess Who when I answer the door. :D

Following on from the OP.

I have just completed some business with the wonderful Charles Morgan. As always, dealing with Charles is a pleasure. Charles does what it says on the tin. No messing, no faff, just good manners and a delightful attitude.

He always leaves me happier than when he greets me. That has to be a good thing.

Thank you Charles.

Thanks Bruce. I would love to meet Charles, hopefully he'll bid on my pencil. :D

Maybe we can have this thread as The Feel Good Thread.

Hopefully encourage people to share good news stories as opposed to doom & gloom.

I spotted spelling error :D

Yikes Steve! Well spotted. :thumb:

I just tried to correct it (prospective) but apparently eBay rules state a listing can't be revised once the first bid is recieved. Learn something new every day. Make sense I guess.

No wonder no one is bidding on it eh??? :D

I get a lot of feel goodness in my job, wether it's fixing something in a residents house whilst I'm there... seeing as I have a van full of tools anyway, or bringing their shopping bags up the stairs for them etc

Recently have been at a university doing the student accommodation, and have been working with a porter/maintenance guy from there who isn't far off retirement, and has been complaining of a bad back for weeks

I went onto gumtree yesterday during work, and found him a new mattress (brand new) which he called up to see if the seller could deliver. Seller was no help at all so I said see if they're available now, let's just go pick it up in my van, seeing as I had pretty much finished all I needed to do

Picked the mattress up, took his old mattress away and back to the uni to put in the skip. We got chatting more, the conversation moved onto women and I showed him the various dating apps in my ****nal. He was so intrigued (divorced but has been single for a while, lives by himself etc) So we sat down and I got him set up with a few dating accounts, gave him some words of wisdom and off he went!

Before he left, he shook my hand excitedly and said working with me has given him a boost and a new lease on life. I have noticed after working with him for a while he has got more friendly/chatty/better mood. So that's my most recent feel good story :)

I'm in Northern Ireland. If I come will you pay for the flights,parking and overnight accommodation ?

Happy, you are without a doubt a lovely chap. And this thread has really given me a boost, as today I watched my offices of ten years packed up to deliver to the new office, which I won't be going to because it's just too much of a commute (3 to four hours a day). So, I'm at a crossroads, employment ending and a new life contracting to look forward too. As you can imagine, I'm a bit nervous of this because, with my husband of 40 years an invalid, I have to make enough money to pay the bills. I won't harp about religion, but my favourite Bible verse is: 'Give and it shall be given you, pressed down, shaken together and running over'. It's my life principle that what one gives to others comes back, and more so. Going to bid on that pencil now, you'll know it's me! xxx

Oops, my max bid has yet to be accepted! I couldn't work out how to do a bid that would immediately be the highest!

I'm always happy to help the old folk, only yesterday I was at the checkout in Sainsburys with a full trolley, standing behind me was an old lady with a pint of milk, I said to her "is that all you have love?' She said "yes", so I told her she'd better find another queue, because this lot will take ages, she didn't even say thanks, honestly some people.................

I'm always happy to help the old folk, only yesterday I was at the checkout in Sainsburys with a full trolley, standing behind me was an old lady with a pint of milk, I said to her "is that all you have love?' She said "yes", so I told her she'd better find another queue, because this lot will take ages, she didn't even say thanks, honestly some people.................

No idea why, but this reminded me of something that happened to me last week. It's a real story:

A work colleague and I were going to see a client, so I hailed a black cab.

The cab stops and the driver turns out to be lady. She rolls down the window, leans towards me and asks 'Where do you want to put it, love?".

I was gob smacked for a moment or two... then realised that my colleague was carrying a large box! The lady cabie wanted to know if we were going to put it in the boot or carry it in the cabin with us... :doh:

I just about managed to keep a straight face when I said "we'll take it with us" and gave her the address....

Oops, my max bid has yet to be accepted! I couldn't work out how to do a bid that would immediately be the highest!

Sorry it's taken me so long to update:

Lisa won the pencil at £10.50 which she paid promptly via PayPal. I've forwarded the money onto Alder Hey Children's Charity as per the listing.

Big pat on the back to Lisa for being a good sport and coughing up the pennies for a great cause. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom